Old 10-10-2006, 02:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [Q] Colander & Angel Hair Spaghetti

I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with holes
small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Eric wrote:
I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with holes
small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

A large sieve will work.

gloria p
Old 10-10-2006, 02:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Eric" wrote in message
I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with holes
small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

What percentage of the pasta would you estimate slips out of yours?

Old 10-10-2006, 02:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 09 Oct 2006 06:10:29p, Eric meant to say...

I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with holes
small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

I use a mesh colander like this one:

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=117011

--
Wayne Boatwright

'The joyfulness of man prolongth his days.' -
Ecclesiastics II:28

Old 10-10-2006, 03:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Eric" wrote in message
I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with holes
small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

I just plop my cookpot under the colander, so any that slips through
gets caught.

You could use one of those mesh strainers with a handle, if you wanted.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Eric wrote:

I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with holes
small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

I use the same one that I use for lager strands of pasta. It tends to come
out in a ball and I don't think I have ever lost any through the holes.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Eric wrote:
I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with
holes small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

Just use a strainer. How difficult is that?

Jill

Old 10-10-2006, 01:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Colander & Angel Hair Spaghetti

jmcquown wrote:
Eric wrote:
I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with
holes small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

Just use a strainer. How difficult is that?

Jill

I use angel hair all the time and have never had that happen.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher Helms" wrote in message
ups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
Eric wrote:
I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with
holes small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

Just use a strainer. How difficult is that?

Jill

I use angel hair all the time and have never had that happen.

Some always slips through my colanders. I'm betting yours have smaller
holes than mine.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Eric wrote:
I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across with
holes small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

Just use a strainer. How difficult is that?

Probably about as hard as it is for you to be bitchy for no good reason.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom scribbled:
"Dave Smith" wrote:
sandi wrote:
(Eric) wrote:

I was just wondering what colander(s) people have come across
with holes small enough to prevent it from slipping out.

Stainless steel wire mesh colander
Search Cooking.com for picture/price if interested.

I don't like to use fine screens for draining starchy things. They
sometimes get gummed up with a starch and then are a pain in the
butt to clean.

To clean sieves (and colanders) use a small scrub brush... veggie
brushes work well.

A regular colander works just fine.

True, I've never had fine pasta actually slip through the holes of a
colander, a couple of very tips may stick out the hole like maybe a
half inch but that's all.

Yeah - the screens shred sponges when you try and clean them.

What kind of moron uses a screen to clean sponges?!?!?

Sheldon