Old 07-11-2004, 01:57 AM
Ferrante

Default Angel hair pasta suggestions?

I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.

Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark Ferrante

Old 07-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Rusty Barton

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 20:57:24 -0500, Ferrante
wrote:

I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.

Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark Ferrante

Armenian Rice Pilaf

1/4 lb butter or margarine
1/2 c vermicelli or angel hair pasta
2 c Uncooked long-grain rice
4 c Boiling hot chicken broth
Salt

Melt butter in heavy pan or Dutch oven. Break pasta in small pieces
(about 1/4 inch), add to pan and cook until golden brown, stirring
constantly. Add rice and stir until rice is well coated with butter.
Add boiling broth and season to taste with salt. Cook, covered, over
low heat until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Stir lightly with
fork. Let stand in warm place 15 to 20 minutes before serving.

--
Rusty Barton
Sacramento, CA

Old 07-11-2004, 02:25 AM
Julian9EHP

wrote:

I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.

Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark Ferrante

I am a vulgarian, from the country of Vulgar. The best pasta sauce I ever had
was when I accidentally poured buttermilk salad dressing over my angel hair.

E. P.

Old 07-11-2004, 02:48 AM
WardNA

I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it).

No reason to pussyfoot around it: angel hair is my absolute favorite pasta,
and I'd use it for anything--pesto, tomato sauce, olive-oil-and-parmesan . . .
even Alfredo-type concoctions are fine, but be good-n-sure you've cooked it al
dente.

It's been a while, but I used to saute bay scallops in butter, with garlic and
parsley, season the thing with thyme and black pepper and serve that over angel
hair. It was always popular.

Neil

Old 07-11-2004, 02:54 AM
PENMART01

Ferrante wrote:

I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.

Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

Angel hair pasta is excellent in soups, golden chicken, hot & sour, etc., but
this is the ultimate.

I prefer kugels cooked until deep golden brown, a crispy exterior... this is
excellent for breakfast... got hillybilly grits beat all to hell.

If your lady has been begging you for a breast enhancement just feed her one of
these every day for a month... guaranteed to increase her two full cup sizes,
the rest of her likewise but with them new DD mommas who cares.

Cheesecake Kugel

This makes a huge kugel, but it's so delicious it goes really quickly!

2 (0.25 kg) containers cottage cheese (can be low-fat)
3 cups sour cream (3 containers)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
4-6 eggs, depending on how rich you like your kugel
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (500 g) package broad egg noodles or thin egg noodles, cooked
1/2 cup raisins (we leave them out)
cinnamon (for topping)
sugar (for topping)

2 hour 30 minutes 30 mins prep

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, milk and half of
the melted butter.
2. Beat the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla and add to the cheese
mixture.
3. Add the cooked noodles and the raisins (if using).
4. Turn into a large buttered pan or into two smaller ones (this makes a lot
of kugel!).
5. Top with the remaining melted butter.
6. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top.
7. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately one hour or until lightly
browned.
8. May be frozen and reheated.
2004 Recipezaar
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Old 07-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Nancy Young

Ferrante wrote:

I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.

Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

I ADORE chicken piccata over angel hair. I butterfly the chicken,
pound it out like a maniac, make the sauce blah blah (you can find my
recipe from google). But here is my warning (beside the fact that you
must include the capers). You *must* have the angel hair ready the
same second as the chicken (you serve the chicken on top), or it will
turn to glue. I would allow the chicken to cool off before I'd allow
the angel hair pasta.

nancy
Old 07-11-2004, 03:50 PM
jmcquown

Ferrante wrote:
I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.

Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark Ferrante

I most recently had angel hair pasta with a lovely fresh marinara seasoned
very simply some basil, oregano and garlic and with freshly minced tomato
sprinkled on top. It was delicious!

Jill

Old 07-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Dave Smith

Ferrante wrote:

I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.

Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

I came across an interesting looking recipe in a magazine while waiting
for an appointment the other day for scallops and cherry tomatoes with
angel hair pasta. Toss some sea scallops in corn starch and fry in a pan
with a bit of olive oil for about three minutes. Remove the scallops and
toss in a few cloves of chopped garlic and some cherry tomatoes until the
garlic starts to turn golden. Add some white vermouth or white wine and
reduce it a bit then add some cornstarch with cold water and thicken the
sauce, add chopped fresh basil and return scallops to warm up for about a
minute. Serve on angel hair pasta.