Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default freezer failure

newish freezer decided it would rather not. i can claim up to
$250 in losses on the contents & i've pretty much figured out
the meat & veggies value, but i'm stuck on a value for the
rhubarb...
i have a LOT of rhubarb, about 30 pounds (yeah, i like the
stuff) & since i grow it, i have no idea what it sells for.
this is really what i want compensation for. i can replace
everything else, but i can't get more rhubarb until spring
so, if i can get averages on rhubarb prices, i'll add it to
my list.
thanks,
lee
oh, and a fast way to use up 5 pounds of hot dogs would help
a lot too.
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 00:28:43 +0000 (UTC), enigma >
wrote:
$1 dollar for the rhubarb as you didn't buy it.

>newish freezer decided it would rather not. i can claim up to
>$250 in losses on the contents & i've pretty much figured out
>the meat & veggies value, but i'm stuck on a value for the
>rhubarb...
> i have a LOT of rhubarb, about 30 pounds (yeah, i like the
>stuff) & since i grow it, i have no idea what it sells for.
>this is really what i want compensation for. i can replace
>everything else, but i can't get more rhubarb until spring
> so, if i can get averages on rhubarb prices, i'll add it to
>my list.
>thanks,
>lee
> oh, and a fast way to use up 5 pounds of hot dogs would help
>a lot too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma wrote:

> oh, and a fast way to use up 5 pounds of hot dogs would help
> a lot too.

If they're wrapped and airtight they should keep in the fridge for
several weeks, unopened.

Or invite the local high school ball team over for a cookout.

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

enigma wrote:
> newish freezer decided it would rather not. i can claim up to
> $250 in losses on the contents & i've pretty much figured out
> the meat & veggies value, but i'm stuck on a value for the
> rhubarb...
> i have a LOT of rhubarb, about 30 pounds (yeah, i like the
> stuff) & since i grow it, i have no idea what it sells for.
> this is really what i want compensation for. i can replace
> everything else, but i can't get more rhubarb until spring
> so, if i can get averages on rhubarb prices, i'll add it to
> my list.
> thanks,
> lee

Portland, Oregon, avg. $1.15/lb.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote in
ups.com:

> enigma wrote:
>> newish freezer decided it would rather not. i can claim up
>> to $250 in losses on the contents & i've pretty much
>> figured out the meat & veggies value, but i'm stuck on a
>> value for the rhubarb...

> Portland, Oregon, avg. $1.15/lb.

thank you, Lyn. i really appreciate you giving a useful
answer.
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than
that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in
> ups.com:
>

> > enigma wrote:
> >> newish freezer decided it would rather not. i can claim up
> >> to $250 in losses on the contents & i've pretty much
> >> figured out the meat & veggies value, but i'm stuck on a
> >> value for the rhubarb...

> > Portland, Oregon, avg. $1.15/lb.

> thank you, Lyn. i really appreciate you giving a useful
> answer.

That's likely green grocer price... what about the value of your
processing and packaging... and for home grown organic I'd double that.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma wrote:
> newish freezer decided it would rather not. i can claim up to
> $250 in losses on the contents & i've pretty much figured out
> the meat & veggies value, but i'm stuck on a value for the
> rhubarb...
> i have a LOT of rhubarb, about 30 pounds (yeah, i like the
> stuff) & since i grow it, i have no idea what it sells for.
> this is really what i want compensation for. i can replace
> everything else, but i can't get more rhubarb until spring
> so, if i can get averages on rhubarb prices, i'll add it to
> my list.
> thanks,
> lee
> oh, and a fast way to use up 5 pounds of hot dogs would help
> a lot too.

Eastern PA, Just saw it the other day for ~ $2.50/lb at the local
Italian market that has great inexpensive produce. Add ~ $1/lb if using
Wegmans etc as a reference.

Ophelia/Failure and RNs Sheldon General Cooking 37 12-03-2008 05:51 PM
I think I have a failure.... Puester Preserving 12 02-10-2007 02:18 AM
Suggestions for replacing a dead Sub-Zero freezer (besides a _new_Sub-Zero freezer...) Ted Goldblatt Cooking Equipment 2 28-08-2004 01:23 PM
PMD...as a failure PMD Winemaking 0 12-10-2003 08:09 PM
Charcuterie Failure Harry Demidavicius General Cooking 4 03-10-2003 01:30 AM