Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Need an Easy, Healthy Recipe for Dinner

Help!! I have guests coming in from out of town tomorrow and I have
had to scrap my planned meal as they are eating the same thing today.
I don't have much time, but I would like to try a new recipe. Does
anyone have an easy, healthy beef or Vegetarian recipe they could
share?

Thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pruit004 wrote:
> Help!! I have guests coming in from out of town tomorrow and I have
> had to scrap my planned meal as they are eating the same thing today.
> I don't have much time, but I would like to try a new recipe. Does
> anyone have an easy, healthy beef or Vegetarian recipe they could
> share?

Baked Franks & Beans... ie. Beanie-Weenie.

Fill a stoneware baking dish with good quality all beef natural casing
franks and canned Heinz vegetarian beans... bake at 350ºF about 45
minutes (when done can top with cheese if desired and bake as few more
minutes).

Doesn't get much easier... and most folks love it.

Some slice franks into coins but I prefer leaving em whole and serving
hotdog buns... and beer. A good go-with salad is cole slaw.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pruit004 wrote:
> Help!! I have guests coming in from out of town tomorrow and I have
> had to scrap my planned meal as they are eating the same thing today.
> I don't have much time, but I would like to try a new recipe. Does
> anyone have an easy, healthy beef or Vegetarian recipe they could
> share?
>
> Thanks

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/231537

This recipe is wonderful! My husband has prepared it three times in
the last three months...and everyone eats until they're about to pop.
Enjoy the dinner party!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pruit004 wrote:
> Help!! I have guests coming in from out of town tomorrow and I have
> had to scrap my planned meal as they are eating the same thing today.
> I don't have much time, but I would like to try a new recipe. Does
> anyone have an easy, healthy beef or Vegetarian recipe they could
> share?
>
> Thanks

How about something mexican-ish?

Make a big pot of black beans (use a crockpot if you have one, thats
easy!) with garlic, onion, lime juice, cumin for seasoning. You can
make these beforehand - ie, today - if you need to.

Make a big pot of rice with a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes added to it (use
the liquid as part of your water, and if you want it tomatoey, use
tomato juice instead of water for all your liquid.) Add some celery,
scallions, and green bell pepper to it when you start it boiling.

Shred some cheese. Buy some salsa and buy or make some guacamole. Steam
tortillas. Go as far as you want to with it - sour cream, hot sauce,
cilantro. Warm up some canned corn and add a sauteed red bell pepper
and onion and garlic combo. Add grilled meat or seafood if you want.
Melt some velveeta and rotel for a con queso sauce. Chop extra raw
onions or avocados or scallions. Don't go too far with the cheese if
you're going for healthy, though!!

I often do this for dinner. If I've used the crockpot for the beans, i
can pull it off in 45 minutes. I'll serve a mexican salad (romaine,
cotija cheese, tomatoes, crumbled tortilla chips, ranch dressing mixed
with a few tsps of hot sauce and chipotle sauce) alongside, or
sometimes a fruit combo - watermelon, mango, honeydew is great with
mexican food!

Make your own burrito bar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> pruit004 wrote:
> > Help!! I have guests coming in from out of town tomorrow and I have
> > had to scrap my planned meal as they are eating the same thing today.
> > I don't have much time, but I would like to try a new recipe. Does
> > anyone have an easy, healthy beef or Vegetarian recipe they could
> > share?

> Baked Franks & Beans... ie. Beanie-Weenie.
>
> Fill a stoneware baking dish with good quality all beef natural casing
> franks and canned Heinz vegetarian beans... bake at 350ºF about 45
> minutes (when done can top with cheese if desired and bake as few more
> minutes).
>
> Doesn't get much easier... and most folks love it.
>
> Some slice franks into coins but I prefer leaving em whole and serving
> hotdog buns... and beer. A good go-with salad is cole slaw.
>
> Sheldon

Boars Head brand......

(weenies that is)
--