Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe: Banana Chocolate Chip Bars

Found this recipe on allrecipes.com and made it for the housemate to
take to work. I initially thought about baking this in a 9x13" pan
rather than the jelly roll pan. Glad I didn't. These turned out
really chewy -- my favorite type of cookie! Another good use for
those musgovian bananas you have on occasion :-)

TammyM

Banana Chocolate Chip Bars

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a
10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until
fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Fold in mashed banana. In a separate
bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Fold flour mixture into
butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, until set. Cool before cutting into
squares.