Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yogurt Making troubleshooting - OK to use "bad" batch of yogurt?

I've been making yogurt for about a month now and I decided to try
using reconstituted dry milk instead of my usual skim milk. Well, it
worked (only it had more whey than usual) so I used it as a culture for
my next batch. However, this new batch didn't make yogurt. It was just
warm milk - nothing happened.

After seven hours of incubation, is the milk OK to drink? I don't want
to waste it. All it is is milk with yogurt in it. Did the incubation
spoil the milk that I can't drink it?

Could I use the milk if I used fresh culture?

Thanks,
Julie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Has anyone messed up a batch of home made yogurt?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jules wrote:
> Has anyone messed up a batch of home made yogurt?

yes, but in a different way. I wouldn't risk it. Milk is cheap, pour
it out & try again.