Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bananas

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> OMG... Steven walked in with close to 20 pounds of bananas.

If you want a really indulgent dessert try Banoffee Pie.... it's
seriously delicious!!

http://i3.tinypic.com/281ho4j.jpg

cheers & enjoy your narnies

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote in
.121:

> "LadyJane" >
> oups.com:
>

>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>>> OMG... Steven walked in with close to 20 pounds of bananas.

>> If you want a really indulgent dessert try Banoffee Pie.... it's
>> seriously delicious!!
>>
>> http://i3.tinypic.com/281ho4j.jpg
>>
>> cheers & enjoy your narnies
>>
>> LadyJane

> I would love to see the recipe but for some reason my web browser is

not
> pulling the pic up correctly. I can see the pic but can barely

decipher
> the wording. Thanks for the thought though.

Put your cursor on the picture, it should show a magnifying glass with a
+ sign on it. Just click on the picture and it'll increase in size.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> I would love to see the recipe but for some reason my web browser is not
> pulling the pic up correctly. I can see the pic but can barely decipher
> the wording. Thanks for the thought though.

Banoffee Pie
This is the original Banoffee recipe as used by 'Hungry Monk' chef Lucy
Baldwin, who devised the recipe.
12 oz uncooked shortcrust pastry (if you need a recipe email me)
2 tins condensed milk
1 1/2 lbs firm bananas
3/4 pint double cream (whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks does the
job)
1/2 tsp powdered instant coffee
1 dessertspoon castor sugar
a little fresh ground coffee
Preheat oven to 190 DegC or 375DegF.
Lightly grease a 10"x 1.5" flan tin.
Line the tin with thinly rolled pastry, prick base with fork and blind
bake until crisp and allow to cool.
Immerse canned of unopened cans of condensed milk in deep pan of
boiling water, cover and boil for 3 hours.
Insure pan does not boil dry or the cans will explode.
Remove the cans from the water and allow to cool competely (before
pouring the cold toffee mixture into the baked flan crust).
Whip the cream with instant coffee and sugar until smooth.
Spread the toffee over the base of the pastry.
Peel and halves the bananas lengthways and lay them on the toffee base.
Finally spoon or pipe the cream lightly over the bananas and sprinkle
the freshly ground coffee on the cream.
Serves 8-10.

consider youself banoffeed Michael!!

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

LadyJane wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> > OMG... Steven walked in with close to 20 pounds of bananas.

> If you want a really indulgent dessert try Banoffee Pie.... it's
> seriously delicious!!
>
> http://i3.tinypic.com/281ho4j.jpg

I should have told Michael about flambeed bananas. That is a good
thing to do with firm bananas, since they soften in the process.
Melt some butter in a pan, add halved or roughly chopped bananas and
brown sugar, stir until the butter and sugar make a nice sauce and
banana softens, then add some rum and flambee.

Bananas LadyJane General Cooking 5 04-09-2006 04:17 PM
Bananas Margaret Suran General Cooking 5 04-09-2006 03:43 PM
Bananas Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 0 04-09-2006 05:28 AM
Bananas Tara General Cooking 0 04-09-2006 12:19 AM
Bananas William Frazier Winemaking 9 02-12-2003 01:15 AM