Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default omg! a roach just jumped out..

of my grocery bag

i picked up a few things at food lion earlier

i pulled some dry goods out of the bag just now and a roach jumped off
a can of corn. Jupiter my baby girl cat, got it. we got it.

I forgot you can get roaches from the grocery store

eeeewwww

damn germans

no offense, but this WAS a german roach
lil' short dark brown f*cker

they come over in the 50's on potatoe boats
(not the germans, im talking about the roaches)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"lubricant" > wrote:

> of my grocery bag
>
> i picked up a few things at food lion earlier
>
> i pulled some dry goods out of the bag just now and a roach jumped off
> a can of corn. Jupiter my baby girl cat, got it. we got it.
>
> I forgot you can get roaches from the grocery store
>
> eeeewwww
>
> damn germans
>
> no offense, but this WAS a german roach
> lil' short dark brown f*cker
>
> they come over in the 50's on potatoe boats
> (not the germans, im talking about the roaches)

Echols roach tablets...

And don't leave dirty dishes laying around, or any food out uncovered.
We have a problem in the South with those HYOOGE Palmetto roaches. I
don't see many as long as I keep things clean, but they do come in
looking for water during the hottest part of the summer.

What few do appear, I generally find them in pieces. They make great cat
toys. <G>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The glue in the grocery bag is sufficient to feed these guys for a long
time. Of course you should keep your kitchen neat and tidy. Having
worked in the grocery store business for many years, these honestly
came in with the bags and a variety of other goods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

StephanieM wrote:
> The glue in the grocery bag is sufficient to feed these guys for a long
> time. Of course you should keep your kitchen neat and tidy. Having
> worked in the grocery store business for many years, these honestly
> came in with the bags and a variety of other goods.

Just another reason to use plastic bags, which you can use over and
over again, and also for other things. Sometimes I like a paper bag,
but usually only when I need one for some other purpose. ;-)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Plastic bags. [ omg! a roach just jumped out..]

In article . com>, "Nancy2" > wrote:

>StephanieM wrote:
>> The glue in the grocery bag is sufficient to feed these guys for a long
>> time. Of course you should keep your kitchen neat and tidy. Having
>> worked in the grocery store business for many years, these honestly
>> came in with the bags and a variety of other goods.

>Just another reason to use plastic bags, which you can use over and
>over again, and also for other things. Sometimes I like a paper bag,
>but usually only when I need one for some other purpose. ;-)

Tell that to the evangelists here in Oz! One turtle with a depraved
appetite allegedly choked on a bunch of plastic bags; that got
extrapolated to "10,000 turtle deaths a year"; and suddenly all
plastic bags must be banned by the year 2008 or somesuch.

The world is going mad! I tend to agree with the two old blokes I
overheard talking down at the Post Office this morning:
"... in about 20 years. Thank god I'll be dead by then. We've seen
the best of it."

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phred wrote:
> In article . com>, "Nancy2" > wrote:
> >
> >StephanieM wrote:
> >> The glue in the grocery bag is sufficient to feed these guys for a long
> >> time. Of course you should keep your kitchen neat and tidy. Having
> >> worked in the grocery store business for many years, these honestly
> >> came in with the bags and a variety of other goods.

> >Just another reason to use plastic bags, which you can use over and
> >over again, and also for other things. Sometimes I like a paper bag,
> >but usually only when I need one for some other purpose. ;-)

> Tell that to the evangelists here in Oz! One turtle with a depraved
> appetite allegedly choked on a bunch of plastic bags; that got
> extrapolated to "10,000 turtle deaths a year"; and suddenly all
> plastic bags must be banned by the year 2008 or somesuch.
>
> The world is going mad! I tend to agree with the two old blokes I
> overheard talking down at the Post Office this morning:
> "... in about 20 years. Thank god I'll be dead by then. We've seen
> the best of it."
>
> Cheers, Phred.

I suppose noone would consider washable cloth bags? I keep them in the
car, and always bring a bunch into the store with me. The first year I
made thanksgiving for the family, I filled 20 of the suckers.

Something leaks? pop them in the washer with the rest of the laundry,
and they're good to go!

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri wrote:

> I suppose noone would consider washable cloth bags? I keep them in the
> car, and always bring a bunch into the store with me. The first year I
> made thanksgiving for the family, I filled 20 of the suckers.
>
> Something leaks? pop them in the washer with the rest of the laundry,
> and they're good to go!
>
> maxine in ri

I have a bunch of these I bought 20 years ago - canvas and very
durable. When I used them back then people looked at me weird. Now
they are so much more "accepted" and commonplace.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"Nancy2" > wrote:

> StephanieM wrote:
> > The glue in the grocery bag is sufficient to feed these guys for a long
> > time. Of course you should keep your kitchen neat and tidy. Having
> > worked in the grocery store business for many years, these honestly
> > came in with the bags and a variety of other goods.

> Just another reason to use plastic bags, which you can use over and
> over again, and also for other things. Sometimes I like a paper bag,
> but usually only when I need one for some other purpose. ;-)
>
> N.

I usually request the plastic ones as I can recycle them. It's the "tree
hugger" in me. ;-)

I get paper bags only if I need to wrap packages but that does not
always work out.

Cats LOVE paper bags!!!!!!

They remain unoccupied for all of 5 seconds, if that. <G>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> maxine in ri wrote:
> >
> > I suppose noone would consider washable cloth bags? I keep them in the
> > car, and always bring a bunch into the store with me. The first year I
> > made thanksgiving for the family, I filled 20 of the suckers.
> >
> > Something leaks? pop them in the washer with the rest of the laundry,
> > and they're good to go!
> >
> > maxine in ri

> I have a bunch of these I bought 20 years ago - canvas and very
> durable. When I used them back then people looked at me weird. Now
> they are so much more "accepted" and commonplace.
>
> -L.

I actually have several...

They ended up being used for everything _but_ groceries!

Handy items indeed. <G>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> I usually request the plastic ones as I can recycle them. It's the "tree
> hugger" in me. ;-)
>
> I get paper bags only if I need to wrap packages but that does not
> always work out.
>
> Cats LOVE paper bags!!!!!!
>
> They remain unoccupied for all of 5 seconds, if that. <G>

I get both depending on what I need. Plastic work great for picking up after
the dogs and paper are for dividing the recycling. I usually check and see
what i am low on before I go to the grocery store and pack my groceries
accordingly.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>

> > I usually request the plastic ones as I can recycle them. It's the "tree
> > hugger" in me. ;-)
> >
> > I get paper bags only if I need to wrap packages but that does not
> > always work out.
> >
> > Cats LOVE paper bags!!!!!!
> >
> > They remain unoccupied for all of 5 seconds, if that. <G>

> I get both depending on what I need. Plastic work great for picking up after
> the dogs and paper are for dividing the recycling. I usually check and see
> what i am low on before I go to the grocery store and pack my groceries
> accordingly.

Paper bags are also great for packaging newspapers for recycling...
We use the plastic ones a lot for litter box scooping.

By far tho', the majority of the plastic bags get returned to the store
for recycling.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> By far tho', the majority of the plastic bags get returned to the store
> for recycling.

Although I use a lot of them around the house, they have so many
uses, I still wind up with scads of them left over. I take them back
to the store, they have a recycling bin ... usually full of trash because
morons can't tell the difference between it and a garbage can.

Of course, those people probably knew that one line was an
express, which I didn't know (laugh).

I really should get my hands on those canvas reusable bags.
Not sure where you'd buy them in real life, not online.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
>
> > By far tho', the majority of the plastic bags get returned to the store
> > for recycling.

> Although I use a lot of them around the house, they have so many
> uses, I still wind up with scads of them left over. I take them back
> to the store, they have a recycling bin ... usually full of trash because
> morons can't tell the difference between it and a garbage can.

The one at Wal-mart is a cardboard box, separate from the trashcans.
It's usually pretty much being used what it's meant for. :-) Pure luck
tho', I know what you mean.

> Of course, those people probably knew that one line was an
> express, which I didn't know (laugh).
>
> I really should get my hands on those canvas reusable bags.
> Not sure where you'd buy them in real life, not online.
>
> nancy

Most health food stores (Sun Harvest and Whole foods) carry the canvas
ones. I should get more too. I have probably 10 of them and every single
one ended up being used for household storage of "stuff". <G>

They are way too handy!

I have my knitting in one, a many year long hookrug project in another,
etc.

<sigh>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> I really should get my hands on those canvas reusable bags.
>> Not sure where you'd buy them in real life, not online.

> Most health food stores (Sun Harvest and Whole foods) carry the canvas
> ones.

Of course. I should have thought of them.

> I should get more too. I have probably 10 of them and every single
> one ended up being used for household storage of "stuff". <G>

Heh, one of those things you didn't know you needed till you had one.

> I have my knitting in one, a many year long hookrug project in another,
> etc.

Maybe we should swap incompleted projects.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:30:08 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article .com>,
> "lubricant" > wrote:
>
>> of my grocery bag
>>
>> i picked up a few things at food lion earlier
>>
>> i pulled some dry goods out of the bag just now and a roach jumped off
>> a can of corn. Jupiter my baby girl cat, got it. we got it.
>>
>> I forgot you can get roaches from the grocery store
>>
>> eeeewwww
>>
>> damn germans
>>
>> no offense, but this WAS a german roach
>> lil' short dark brown f*cker
>>
>> they come over in the 50's on potatoe boats
>> (not the germans, im talking about the roaches)

>Echols roach tablets...
>
>And don't leave dirty dishes laying around, or any food out uncovered.
>We have a problem in the South with those HYOOGE Palmetto roaches. I
>don't see many as long as I keep things clean, but they do come in
>looking for water during the hottest part of the summer.
>
>What few do appear, I generally find them in pieces. They make great cat
>toys. <G>

How do you kill the little buggers? I've never seen them before now,
but we've been infested this week Tessie is being great about
catching them (she thinks its a wonderful game!) but I'd much rather
that she played with her cat toys instead... Our apartment IS clean
but they're coming in from next door/outside somehow and I hate them!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>(lubricant) proclaim:
>i picked up a few things at food lion earlier
>i pulled some dry goods out of the bag just
>now and a roach jumped off a can of corn.
>Jupiter my baby girl cat, got it. we got it.
>I forgot you can get roaches from the grocery store
>eeeewwww
>damn germans
>no offense, but this WAS a german roach
>lil' short dark brown f*cker
>they come over in the 50's on potatoe boats (not
>the germans, im talking about the

roaches)-----------------------------------------------
Where we live it's roach/bug free but recently I have killed a few
roaches & wondered if they came from the grocery bags also. - we shop at
Save A Lot-

I don't examine those critters when killed just flush them down the
toilet.

Interesting, on line while back was reading that roaches are capable of
surviving a direct hit from nuclear war head.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote

> How do you kill the little buggers?

Are they like roaches, you shouldn't step on them because
then eggs could get on your shoe and you help spread them
wherever you walk?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
>
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote:

> >> I really should get my hands on those canvas reusable bags.
> >> Not sure where you'd buy them in real life, not online.

> > Most health food stores (Sun Harvest and Whole foods) carry the canvas
> > ones.

> Of course. I should have thought of them.
>
> > I should get more too. I have probably 10 of them and every single
> > one ended up being used for household storage of "stuff". <G>

> Heh, one of those things you didn't know you needed till you had one.

'zactly...

> > I have my knitting in one, a many year long hookrug project in another,
> > etc.

> Maybe we should swap incompleted projects.

<lol> Too true!
The hook rug is 5' (25 square ft.). I've completed about 2 square feet
of it. I'm not even sure where it is atm. I think it's up in the master
bedroom closet on the shelf. ;-)

> nancy

Cheers!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:30:08 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article .com>,
> > "lubricant" > wrote:
> >
> >> of my grocery bag
> >>
> >> i picked up a few things at food lion earlier
> >>
> >> i pulled some dry goods out of the bag just now and a roach jumped off
> >> a can of corn. Jupiter my baby girl cat, got it. we got it.
> >>
> >> I forgot you can get roaches from the grocery store
> >>
> >> eeeewwww
> >>
> >> damn germans
> >>
> >> no offense, but this WAS a german roach
> >> lil' short dark brown f*cker
> >>
> >> they come over in the 50's on potatoe boats
> >> (not the germans, im talking about the roaches)

> >Echols roach tablets...
> >
> >And don't leave dirty dishes laying around, or any food out uncovered.
> >We have a problem in the South with those HYOOGE Palmetto roaches. I
> >don't see many as long as I keep things clean, but they do come in
> >looking for water during the hottest part of the summer.
> >
> >What few do appear, I generally find them in pieces. They make great cat
> >toys. <G>

> How do you kill the little buggers? I've never seen them before now,
> but we've been infested this week Tessie is being great about
> catching them (she thinks its a wonderful game!) but I'd much rather
> that she played with her cat toys instead... Our apartment IS clean
> but they're coming in from next door/outside somehow and I hate them!

I had the same problem when I lived up in Temple as a student.
Echol's Roach tablets are a boric acid bait. Place the tablets way under
sinks, in the back corners of drawers and cabinets, behind the
refrigerator and stove. Places where the roaches hang out but the cat
can't get to the tablets.

I did not have a cat in Temple and, like you said, no matter how clean
you keep your place, they can come in from adjacent apartments!

Once I placed those things around, I'd find dead roaches instead of live
ones. ;-)

Oh, and leave the house spiders in the water closet alone. I used to
find a lot of dead baby roaches in the webs. <G>

The thing about Palmetto roaches is is that they come in more for water
than food, so cleanliness is not much of an issue. :-( That is why they
are nick-named "waterbugs or water roaches".
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote
>
> > How do you kill the little buggers?

> Are they like roaches, you shouldn't step on them because
> then eggs could get on your shoe and you help spread them
> wherever you walk?
>
> nancy

I don't squish them because they make such a huge mess! <shudder>
I'll stun them with a fly swatter, then pick them up with toilet paper
and flush them down the commode.

An adult is nearly 2 inches long.

They're GROSS!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote >
> How do you kill the little buggers? I've never seen them before now,
> but we've been infested this week Tessie is being great about
> catching them (she thinks its a wonderful game!) but I'd much rather
> that she played with her cat toys instead... Our apartment IS clean
> but they're coming in from next door/outside somehow and I hate them!

They come in here a certain time of year. Get those little traps where they
walk in, so your cat can't ingest anything bad. They are in the grocery
store,
little black plastic disks with holes where they go in, and bait inside.
They work.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Homemade roach bait

Hi All,
The original thread went a little afield, so forgive me for a new
subject line.

If you can't get the store version of boric acid roach bait, here is a
homemade version. It's very effective. We had those giant palmetto bugs
while we were in the Caribbean (everyone did) and these roach balls
kept them under control. The great thing about these were that they
were solid, not powder, so I could put them in the backs of dresser
drawers, behind books on the shelves and other out-of-the-way places
where my children and my cat couldn't get to them, and this version
doesn't spread all over clothes, books, etc. Boric acid isn't absorbed
through the skin, another advantage over other pesticides.

This is poison. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
1C boric acid
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
Enough milk to make a soft dough like drop cookies.

Drop by teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes at 350
degrees, until set but not too hard. Let cool and hide them around the
house. These don't lose their effectiveness even after several months.

Best wishes,
Rosey Dow, a roach hater to the core

www.SurvivalCookbook.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writingmama > wrote:

>If you can't get the store version of boric acid roach bait, here is a
>homemade version. It's very effective. We had those giant palmetto bugs
>while we were in the Caribbean (everyone did) and these roach balls
>kept them under control. The great thing about these were that they
>were solid, not powder, so I could put them in the backs of dresser
>drawers, behind books on the shelves and other out-of-the-way places
>where my children and my cat couldn't get to them, and this version
>doesn't spread all over clothes, books, etc.

The reason Roach Pruff is a superfine powder is so that it will
attack the exoskeleton of the roach. It's not expected that the
roaches eat it.

At any rate, interesting recipe you got there.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:14:12 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article . com>,
> "Nancy2" > wrote:
>
>> StephanieM wrote:
>> > The glue in the grocery bag is sufficient to feed these guys for a long
>> > time. Of course you should keep your kitchen neat and tidy. Having
>> > worked in the grocery store business for many years, these honestly
>> > came in with the bags and a variety of other goods.

>> Just another reason to use plastic bags, which you can use over and
>> over again, and also for other things. Sometimes I like a paper bag,
>> but usually only when I need one for some other purpose. ;-)
>>
>> N.

>I usually request the plastic ones as I can recycle them. It's the "tree
>hugger" in me. ;-)

Paper recycles, too.

We have three kitchen waste bins: One for trash, one for recycling,
and one for compost. The recycling and compost go in paper bags for
ease of taking out to the big bins, so I always request paper bags at
the store. (Besides, the handles hurt our hands less -- we walk home a
mile with our groceries.)

serene
--
My blog: http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
My cooking blog: http://serenecooking.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
> > "Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote
> >
> > > How do you kill the little buggers?

> > Are they like roaches, you shouldn't step on them because
> > then eggs could get on your shoe and you help spread them
> > wherever you walk?
> >
> > nancy

> I don't squish them because they make such a huge mess! <shudder>
> I'll stun them with a fly swatter, then pick them up with toilet paper
> and flush them down the commode.
>
> An adult is nearly 2 inches long.
>
> They're GROSS!
> --

Luckily, I have three indoor cats that are always on bug patrol!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I use a similar recipe.

I substitute Splenda for the suger :-)

Bruce

On 1 Sep 2006 20:30:36 -0700, "writingmama" >
wrote:

>Hi All,
>The original thread went a little afield, so forgive me for a new
>subject line.
>
>If you can't get the store version of boric acid roach bait, here is a
>homemade version. It's very effective. We had those giant palmetto bugs
>while we were in the Caribbean (everyone did) and these roach balls
>kept them under control. The great thing about these were that they
>were solid, not powder, so I could put them in the backs of dresser
>drawers, behind books on the shelves and other out-of-the-way places
>where my children and my cat couldn't get to them, and this version
>doesn't spread all over clothes, books, etc. Boric acid isn't absorbed
>through the skin, another advantage over other pesticides.
>

>This is poison. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
>1C boric acid
>1/4 c. sugar
>1/4 c. flour
>Enough milk to make a soft dough like drop cookies.
>
>Drop by teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes at 350
>degrees, until set but not too hard. Let cool and hide them around the
>house. These don't lose their effectiveness even after several months.
>
>Best wishes,
>Rosey Dow, a roach hater to the core
>
>www.SurvivalCookbook.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce K., after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 02 Sep
2006, typed out:

> I use a similar recipe.
>
> I substitute Splenda for the suger :-)
>
> Bruce
>

> On 1 Sep 2006 20:30:36 -0700, "writingmama" >
> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>The original thread went a little afield, so forgive me for a new
>>subject line.
>>
>>If you can't get the store version of boric acid roach bait, here is a
>>homemade version. It's very effective. We had those giant palmetto bugs
>>while we were in the Caribbean (everyone did) and these roach balls
>>kept them under control. The great thing about these were that they
>>were solid, not powder, so I could put them in the backs of dresser
>>drawers, behind books on the shelves and other out-of-the-way places
>>where my children and my cat couldn't get to them, and this version
>>doesn't spread all over clothes, books, etc. Boric acid isn't absorbed
>>through the skin, another advantage over other pesticides.
>>

>>This is poison. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
>>1C boric acid
>>1/4 c. sugar
>>1/4 c. flour
>>Enough milk to make a soft dough like drop cookies.
>>
>>Drop by teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes at 350
>>degrees, until set but not too hard. Let cool and hide them around the
>>house. These don't lose their effectiveness even after several months.
>>
>>Best wishes,
>>Rosey Dow, a roach hater to the core
>>
>>www.SurvivalCookbook.com

Here's a totally safe recipe we used for smaller roaches and ants and
it's safe to eat!

2 parts baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to one part oatmeal

Draw lines of the mixture across "battlelines". The sodium bicarbonate
when it touches the moisture in their system will expand (like alka-
seltzer) and the bugs will burst. It's totally safe for pets and kids and
birds and meeces.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writingmama wrote:

> These don't lose their effectiveness even after several months.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rosey Dow, a roach hater to the core

sounds do-able, they need those at my grocery store

I saw on an infomercial, you put tabasco and water in a spray
bottle...shoot the interior perimeter, allegedly roaches won't go near
ceyene pepper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"writingmama" > wrote:

> Hi All,
> The original thread went a little afield, so forgive me for a new
> subject line.
>
> If you can't get the store version of boric acid roach bait, here is a
> homemade version. It's very effective. We had those giant palmetto bugs
> while we were in the Caribbean (everyone did) and these roach balls
> kept them under control. The great thing about these were that they
> were solid, not powder, so I could put them in the backs of dresser
> drawers, behind books on the shelves and other out-of-the-way places
> where my children and my cat couldn't get to them, and this version
> doesn't spread all over clothes, books, etc. Boric acid isn't absorbed
> through the skin, another advantage over other pesticides.
>

> This is poison. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
> 1C boric acid
> 1/4 c. sugar
> 1/4 c. flour
> Enough milk to make a soft dough like drop cookies.
>
> Drop by teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes at 350
> degrees, until set but not too hard. Let cool and hide them around the
> house. These don't lose their effectiveness even after several months.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rosey Dow, a roach hater to the core
>
> www.SurvivalCookbook.com

Cool... :-)

I'm fortunate to just be able to purchase a solid tablet boric acid bait
(Echols Roach Tablets) at the local grocery store, but I'll keep this in
mind.

Where on earth does one purchase powdered boric acid tho' unless it is
on line?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Bruce K. > wrote:

> I use a similar recipe.
>
> I substitute Splenda for the suger :-)
>
> Bruce

WHY???????
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Here's a totally safe recipe we used for smaller roaches and ants and
> it's safe to eat!
>
> 2 parts baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to one part oatmeal
>
> Draw lines of the mixture across "battlelines". The sodium bicarbonate
> when it touches the moisture in their system will expand (like alka-
> seltzer) and the bugs will burst. It's totally safe for pets and kids and
> birds and meeces.
>
> Andy

Does it work?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> "Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote >
> > How do you kill the little buggers? I've never seen them before now,
> > but we've been infested this week Tessie is being great about
> > catching them (she thinks its a wonderful game!) but I'd much rather
> > that she played with her cat toys instead... Our apartment IS clean
> > but they're coming in from next door/outside somehow and I hate them!

> They come in here a certain time of year. Get those little traps where they
> walk in, so your cat can't ingest anything bad. They are in the grocery
> store,
> little black plastic disks with holes where they go in, and bait inside.
> They work.

<lol> They don't make those big enough for Palmetto roaches... ;-)

Roach motels are only marginally successful and far more expensive than
boric Acid baits.

Boric acid bait tablets won't hurt your pets if you put them where the
pets can't get at them!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on
02 Sep 2006, typed out:

> Does it work?

Om,

C'mon!

I wouldn't mention it if it didn't!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene > wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:14:12 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article . com>,

> >> Just another reason to use plastic bags, which you can use over and
> >> over again, and also for other things. Sometimes I like a paper bag,
> >> but usually only when I need one for some other purpose. ;-)
> >>
> >> N.

> >I usually request the plastic ones as I can recycle them. It's the "tree
> >hugger" in me. ;-)

> Paper recycles, too.

True... I've used them for recycling newspapers.
They stack in there nicely! The cats end up with most of the paper
bags... They are so CUTE peeking at you from inside of them before they
lay on them, then squish them.

But after the cats are finished playing with them, they can still be
recycled... I just find stuffing plastic bags into one large one to be
more convenient and I DO put them into the bins as long as they are not
soiled.

> We have three kitchen waste bins: One for trash, one for recycling,
> and one for compost.

Ditto here. ;-)
The compost bin is on the back of my sink, and very small. It gets
emptied daily. The nice thing about that is that it keeps you regular
trashcans from stinking.

> The recycling and compost go in paper bags for
> ease of taking out to the big bins, so I always request paper bags at
> the store. (Besides, the handles hurt our hands less -- we walk home a
> mile with our groceries.)
>
> serene

My recycling container is a lined 5 gallon bucket! We also recycle all
glass, certain types of plastic and ALL metal cans. That is dumped into
the recycling bins that are then picked up by the city by contract.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> >
> > > "Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote

> > > Are they like roaches, you shouldn't step on them because
> > > then eggs could get on your shoe and you help spread them
> > > wherever you walk?
> > >
> > > nancy

> > I don't squish them because they make such a huge mess! <shudder>
> > I'll stun them with a fly swatter, then pick them up with toilet paper
> > and flush them down the commode.
> >
> > An adult is nearly 2 inches long.
> >
> > They're GROSS!
> > --

> Luckily, I have three indoor cats that are always on bug patrol!
>
> kili

Yeah, I can imagine.

Amusing isn't it? The cats love them so... and the cats are faster than
I am with a fly swatter! <lol>

Living in Florida, I know you have them!

I've had fewer since the Toad, Anole and Gecko population out in the
yard have gotten to be larger, and gecko eggs are found in the attic on
a regular basis.

Unfortunately, the cats also find baby geckos to be good toys when they
fall in thru the AC vents. <sigh> I try to get to them before the cats
do when I see them on the walls.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
> > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > news

> > Luckily, I have three indoor cats that are always on bug patrol!
> >
> > kili

> Yeah, I can imagine.
>
> Amusing isn't it? The cats love them so... and the cats are faster than
> I am with a fly swatter! <lol>
>
> Living in Florida, I know you have them!
>
> I've had fewer since the Toad, Anole and Gecko population out in the
> yard have gotten to be larger, and gecko eggs are found in the attic on
> a regular basis.
>
> Unfortunately, the cats also find baby geckos to be good toys when they
> fall in thru the AC vents. <sigh> I try to get to them before the cats
> do when I see them on the walls.
> --

My furry friends are always on lizard patrol as well. They see one in a
window and pounce! How they don't quite understand that there's a pane of
glass between the lizard and themselves is beyond me.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Where on earth does one purchase powdered boric acid tho' unless it is
> on line?

Your local hardware store will have it

I'd try the pepper spray first.

cheyenne pepper and water shake and spray where they might come in.
maybe let it set first to get the water nice and saturated, their
supposed to hate cheyenne pepper, I"ve never tried it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sosessyithurts wrote:
> cheyenne pepper and water shake and spray where they might come in.
> maybe let it set first to get the water nice and saturated, their
> supposed to hate cheyenne pepper, I"ve never tried it.

Are those CAYENNE peppers fron Wyoming or something, Parrish?
You don't know a thing about cooking, and you're only in RFC to get
your rocks off with adolescent comments. Go play somewhere else, Barry,
you stupid f*ck.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Blind *** Guy

Mrs. Dash must die wrote:
<snip idiot drool>

Here is a little commentary from Ms Dash, her real name is benedict
corpuz
she is unemployed, her domain registration was with a borrowed address
and a borrowed phone!

Here's Ms Dash Now
taken from

http://www.superben.com/2005/02/blind-***-guy.html

*******************************
Friday, February 04, 2005
Blind *** Guy

[hampton inn, great falls, mt]

A guy that is *** and blind. Hmmm. That made me think. Has he not ever
seen a woman and not know the difference? He certainly did look the
part. At first I thought the other guy was his brother. But then i saw
that they were very close. And the pilots asked me before i closed the
door, what the deal was with them. The pilots had seen them as they
were boarding and immediately thought something was afoot. They even
had this huge dog that knew how to scrunch itself up to fit into the
row. But still a blind...***...guy.

Benedict, what does a *** guy look like? in what way did this man look
"***" as you put it? Hmmm?

Toodles