Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: Breadless pudding

I found the recipe at this web site:
http://www.spaindex.com/CUISINE/WLSBreadlessPudding.htm

I made the pudding today; the texture really is very much like that of bread
pudding, which I've not had since my diagnosis four years ago. The recipe
is a keeper, and the cinnamon fragrance while it was baking was heavenly.

I made this with Splenda granular, using the 1/2 cup of artificial sweetener
called for in the original recipe. It was a bit too sweet for me, so I'm
going to cut the Splenda to 1/4 cup next time. I used my food processor to
make an ultra-smooth mixture, but a blender or stick blender would probably
work well too.

BREADLESS PUDDING

3 large eggs
3/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream
3/4 cup water
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup artificial sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon; I believe 1 teaspoon would be
overpowering for the amount of pudding this recipe makes)

Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend several minutes until as
smooth as possible. Pour into a 8x8-inch buttered casserole dish and bake at
350°F for about 30-35 minutes or until well browned on the top.

My note: The recipe says to bake the pudding for 30-35 minutes, but it
wasn't even *close* to being done at 35 minutes, and my oven temperature is
accurate. I baked this for 50 minutes; it was very nicely browned and
perfectly done. Test for doneness by sticking a knife in the center of the
pudding; if it comes out clean, it's done.

Karen
Type 2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Breadless pudding

Karen wrote:
> I found the recipe at this web site:
> http://www.spaindex.com/CUISINE/WLSBreadlessPudding.htm
>
> I made the pudding today; the texture really is very much
> like that of bread pudding, which I've not had since my
> diagnosis four years ago. The recipe is a keeper, and
> the cinnamon fragrance while it was baking was heavenly.
>
> I made this with Splenda granular, using the 1/2 cup of
> artificial sweetener called for in the original recipe.
> It was a bit too sweet for me, so I'm going to cut the
> Splenda to 1/4 cup next time. I used my food processor
> to make an ultra-smooth mixture, but a blender or stick
> blender would probably work well too.
>
> BREADLESS PUDDING
>
> 3 large eggs
> 3/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream
> 3/4 cup water
> 1 cup cottage cheese
> 1/2 cup artificial sweetener
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> Cinnamon to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon; I believe 1
> teaspoon would be overpowering for the amount of pudding
> this recipe makes)
>
> Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend
> several minutes until as smooth as possible. Pour into a
> 8x8-inch buttered casserole dish and bake at 350°F for
> about 30-35 minutes or until well browned on the top.
>
> My note: The recipe says to bake the pudding for 30-35
> minutes, but it wasn't even *close* to being done at 35
> minutes, and my oven temperature is accurate. I baked
> this for 50 minutes; it was very nicely browned and
> perfectly done. Test for doneness by sticking a knife in
> the center of the pudding; if it comes out clean, it's
> done.
>
> Karen
> Type 2

This is DEFINITELY worth a try.
I miss Bread Pudding with Bourbon sauce.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Pete Romfh" > >
> This is DEFINITELY worth a try.
> I miss Bread Pudding with Bourbon sauce.
>
> --
> Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
> http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
> promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Bourbon sauce - oh *yes*! I miss that sort of thing too...sigh.

I just had a small serving of the "Breadless Pudding" for dessert a little
while ago. It seems that chilling greatly improves the flavor and texture,
and it seems less sweet to me than it did when it was warm.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in this dish, Pete. Now if we could
just come up with a decent low-carb Bourbon sauce for it... :-)

Karen

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Karen wrote:
> "Pete Romfh" > >
>> This is DEFINITELY worth a try.
>> I miss Bread Pudding with Bourbon sauce.
>>
>> --
>> Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
>> http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
>> promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org
>>

> Bourbon sauce - oh *yes*! I miss that sort of thing
> too...sigh.
>
> I just had a small serving of the "Breadless Pudding" for
> dessert a little while ago. It seems that chilling
> greatly improves the flavor and texture, and it seems
> less sweet to me than it did when it was warm.
>
> I don't think you'll be disappointed in this dish, Pete.
> Now if we could just come up with a decent low-carb
> Bourbon sauce for it... :-)
>
> Karen

Just cut out the sugar and butter, leaving only the bourbon.
Since you've cut out two things you can double the remaining ingredient.
Drink until "Sauced". =

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message >> >
> Just cut out the sugar and butter, leaving only the bourbon.
> Since you've cut out two things you can double the remaining ingredient.
> Drink until "Sauced". =
> --
> Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
> http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
> promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

LOL! I like the way you think. :-)

Karen

REC: Summer Pudding/Autumn Pudding (UK) Dora General Cooking 20 22-04-2011 02:32 PM
New breadless KFC sandwich goes on sale today Mark Thorson General Cooking 122 15-04-2010 03:08 PM
Eat your pudding Lynette General Cooking 1 18-03-2009 08:49 PM
Pudding dip Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-10-2005 12:58 PM
Rice Pudding and Carrot Pudding Ronnie Rao General Cooking 2 10-05-2004 02:03 PM