Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Default Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing

* Exported from MasterCook *

Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 c cottage cheese -- low-fat
2/3 c yogurt -- low-fat plain
2 green onions -- chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

In food processor or blender, process cottage cheese and yogurt until
smooth. Pour into bowl and stir in onions and seasonings.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min so flavours develop. Store
for up to one week. Stir before serving.

Makes 1 2/3 cups. Preparation 10 min, chill 30 min or longer 1
serving 3 tbsp, 1/2 Milk Choice (2%) 3 g carb, 5 g protein, 1 g fat,
37 cal

Source: Choice Menus by Marjorie H. Hollands & Margaret Howard
1993 Canadian Diabetes Assoc.

COMPARISON: 3 tb commercial Ranch-style dressing 216 cal Shared but
not tested by Elizabeth Rodier Aug 93

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 37 Calories; 1g Fat (28.5%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
4mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Nicky

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories :

> 1 c cottage cheese -- low-fat
> 2/3 c yogurt -- low-fat plain
> 2 green onions -- chopped
> 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
> 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
> 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
> 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

I make mine with just full-fat yoghurt, no cheese. As I haven't found a
low-fat yoghurt round here without fillers, I suspect that would lower the
carb count even further.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/4.5/<6 Weight 95/77/72Kg
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

None Given

"Nicky" > wrote in message

> I make mine with just full-fat yoghurt, no cheese. As I haven't found a
> low-fat yoghurt round here without fillers, I suspect that would lower the
> carb count even further.

I guess you could make your own yogurt with low fat milk. There was a
discussion on the subject on a.s.d.l-c recently/

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes