Julie Bove

Default Transylvanian Breakfast.

I am currently reading an interesting book on gypsies. The woman who wrote
it, visited Transylvania and said the standard breakfast in all the hotels
there is cucumber, salami and cheese. She doesn't say what kind of cheese.
But if you must go low carbs for breakfast, this might be a new option!
Personally, I despise salami, but cucumber slices with cheese sandwiched in
between might be nice during the hot weather.

--
See my webpage:

Alan

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:51:48 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

|I am currently reading an interesting book on gypsies. The woman who wrote
|it, visited Transylvania and said the standard breakfast in all the hotels
|there is cucumber, salami and cheese. She doesn't say what kind of cheese.
|But if you must go low carbs for breakfast, this might be a new option!
|Personally, I despise salami, but cucumber slices with cheese sandwiched in
|between might be nice during the hot weather.

Hi Julie

Um, I know I'll regret asking, knowing your unusual dietary and culinary
tastes, but why do you despise Transylvanian salami - bearing in mind
that it's probably very different to the salami in your local deli?

From a biased salami-lover:-)

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
eClare

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news41Kd.950$ao5.120@trnddc03...
> I am currently reading an interesting book on gypsies. The woman

who wrote
> it, visited Transylvania and said the standard breakfast in all

the hotels
> there is cucumber, salami and cheese. She doesn't say what kind

of cheese.
> But if you must go low carbs for breakfast, this might be a new

option!
> Personally, I despise salami, but cucumber slices with cheese

sandwiched in
> between might be nice during the hot weather.

> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

Thank you Julie. I do have to go low carb for breakfast, and I
wouldn't have thought to have cucumbers for breakfast, but why not
:-) I will add this quick little meal to my breakfast meal list.
eClare

Virginia Tadrzynski

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news41Kd.950$ao5.120@trnddc03...
> I am currently reading an interesting book on gypsies. The woman who

wrote
> it, visited Transylvania and said the standard breakfast in all the hotels
> there is cucumber, salami and cheese. She doesn't say what kind of

cheese.
> But if you must go low carbs for breakfast, this might be a new option!
> Personally, I despise salami, but cucumber slices with cheese sandwiched

in
> between might be nice during the hot weather.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

I have a cookbook called Transylvanian Cuisine by Paul Hovis. Reference
that and you may find what you are looking for.
-Ginny

Siobhan Perricone

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:22:30 +1000, Alan
> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:51:48 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
>|I am currently reading an interesting book on gypsies. The woman who wrote
>|it, visited Transylvania and said the standard breakfast in all the hotels
>|there is cucumber, salami and cheese. She doesn't say what kind of cheese.
>|But if you must go low carbs for breakfast, this might be a new option!
>|Personally, I despise salami, but cucumber slices with cheese sandwiched in
>|between might be nice during the hot weather.
>
>Hi Julie
>
>Um, I know I'll regret asking, knowing your unusual dietary and culinary
>tastes, but why do you despise Transylvanian salami - bearing in mind
>that it's probably very different to the salami in your local deli?
>
>From a biased salami-lover:-)

Well she didn't say she despised transylvanian salami.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,

Julie Bove

"Alan" > wrote in message

> Hi Julie
>
> Um, I know I'll regret asking, knowing your unusual dietary and culinary
> tastes, but why do you despise Transylvanian salami - bearing in mind
> that it's probably very different to the salami in your local deli?
>
> From a biased salami-lover:-)

While it's true that I don't know what all they put in their salami, I am
not fond of meat of any kind. So it's just not very likely that I would
like theirs.

--
See my webpage:

Julie Bove

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> I have a cookbook called Transylvanian Cuisine by Paul Hovis. Reference
> that and you may find what you are looking for.

Thanks! I will look for it.

--
See my webpage:

Alan

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:47:06 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

|"Alan" > wrote in message
.. .

|> Hi Julie
|>
|> Um, I know I'll regret asking, knowing your unusual dietary and culinary
|> tastes, but why do you despise Transylvanian salami - bearing in mind
|> that it's probably very different to the salami in your local deli?
|>
|> From a biased salami-lover:-)
|
|While it's true that I don't know what all they put in their salami, I am
|not fond of meat of any kind. So it's just not very likely that I would
|like theirs.

Hi Julie

I am afraid I am definitely an omnivore with carnivorous preferences.

Cheers, Alan
--
"Ve haf come to make a vithdrawal" - George Montgomery as Dracula,
waiting outside the Blood Bank.

BJ in Texas

Julie Bove wrote:
|| I am currently reading an interesting book on gypsies. The
|| woman who wrote it, visited Transylvania and said the
|| standard breakfast in all the hotels there is cucumber,
|| salami and cheese. She doesn't say what kind of cheese. But
|| if you must go low carbs for breakfast, this might be a new
|| option! Personally, I despise salami, but cucumber slices
|| with cheese sandwiched in between might be nice during the
|| hot weather.

Gee, when I saw Transylvannia breakfast in the title I
invisioned
something completely different from cucumbers, cheese, and
salami. Oh those old Hollywood movies.... :-) BJ

Siobhan Perricone

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:36:25 +1100, Alan
> wrote:

>I am afraid I am definitely an omnivore with carnivorous preferences.

*gasps and covers her eyes* Alan! That's more than I wanted to know! *grin*

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,

BJ in Texas wrote:
> Gee, when I saw Transylvannia breakfast in the title I
> invisioned
> something completely different from cucumbers, cheese, and
> salami. Oh those old Hollywood movies.... :-) BJ

Thank God! My favorite breakfast is blood sausage which is served for
breakfast in every civilized country.
I will be in Transylvannina and on into the Carpathian mountains this
summer and Germany too. Blutwurst is big there for breakfast with eggs
and cheese.

Hahabogus

Siobhan Perricone > wrote in
:

> >From a biased salami-lover:-)

> Well she didn't say she despised transylvanian salami.
>
> --
> Siobhan Perricone
> Humans wrote the bible,
> God wrote the rocks
> -- Word of God by Kathy Mar

Is this one of those double meaning threads?

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Siobhan Perricone

:

>> >From a biased salami-lover:-)

>> Well she didn't say she despised transylvanian salami.
>>

>Is this one of those double meaning threads?

Mebbe, look at Alan's admission of his .... proclivities. ;D

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,
Alan S

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:40:45 GMT, Siobhan Perricone

:

|>> Well she didn't say she despised transylvanian salami.
|>>

|>Is this one of those double meaning threads?
|
|Mebbe, look at Alan's admission of his .... proclivities. ;D

Um, err..whoosh..

Must be something transpacifican:-)

Is this something to do with hiding things??

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia
Hahabogus

Alan S > wrote in
:

> Is this something to do with hiding things??

So the game is Hide the Salami?

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban

Siobhan Perricone

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:39:06 +1100, Alan S

:

Heh... no, You'd said in an earlier post:

"I am afraid I am definitely an omnivore with carnivorous preferences. "

To which I'd replied:

"*gasps and covers her eyes* Alan! That's more than I wanted to know!
*grin*"

It was a *very* small joke, but that's what I was alluding above. Sorry
for being so obscure.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,
Alan S

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:15:47 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

|On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:39:06 +1100, Alan S
> wrote:
|
|>On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:40:45 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:
|>
|>|On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:23:23 GMT, Hahabogus > wrote:
|>|
> [...]
m:

|>|
|>|Mebbe, look at Alan's admission of his .... proclivities. ;D
|>

|>Um, err..whoosh..
|>
|>Must be something transpacifican:-)
|>
|>Is this something to do with hiding things??
|
|Heh... no, You'd said in an earlier post:

|"I am afraid I am definitely an omnivore with carnivorous preferences. "

|To which I'd replied:

|"*gasps and covers her eyes* Alan! That's more than I wanted to know!
|*grin*"
|
|It was a *very* small joke, but that's what I was alluding above. Sorry
|for being so obscure.

Hi Siobhan

It's OK; just ignore the bloody dripping fangs when you look at my pic
in the asd gallery:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia