Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Report on Cauliflower Ckhannuka Latkes(Pancakes)

OK,Ipromised I woudl let everyone know how they turned out when I posted
the recipe a week or so ago. I made them tonight and solved the flour or
cornstarch issues by using 4 Tbs of my low carb pancake mix that I had
which also solved theproblem of nt having any new baking powder. It woked
well forconsistancey but was a bit sweeter than I might have liked as the
cauliflower also has a fair degree of natural sweetness. I would
definitely do it again. I made the whole recipe just for my son and I,
which I knew would be too much, but I generally like to try a recipe
fairly exactly as writtenthe first tie I make it. I have saved about half
the pancakes as tit sauys they will keep for up to 4 days adn can be
reheted in a 400F oven for about 5 minutes.

Considering that I was replalcing several cups of grated potatoes with
aobu t 2 lbs of cauliflower, this is a definite keeper for the holiday
meal or for feedign a vegetable hating kid without telling them what they
are made of:-) I served them with some European style yogurt from Trader
Joes(a cchain in the US) that I like because it is really sour and thin dn
less dense than Greek yogurt. that is a matter of preference. Had I used
unsweetened ap plesauce, the traditional alternative topping, I probably
would not have noticed the slight sweetnessof the pancakes.

This wil definitely be art of my holiday repetoire from now on.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/8/2015 8:55 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> OK,Ipromised I woudl let everyone know how they turned out when I posted
> the recipe a week or so ago. I made them tonight and solved the flour or
> cornstarch issues by using 4 Tbs of my low carb pancake mix that I had
> which also solved theproblem of nt having any new baking powder. It woked
> well forconsistancey but was a bit sweeter than I might have liked as the
> cauliflower also has a fair degree of natural sweetness. I would
> definitely do it again. I made the whole recipe just for my son and I,
> which I knew would be too much, but I generally like to try a recipe
> fairly exactly as writtenthe first tie I make it. I have saved about half
> the pancakes as tit sauys they will keep for up to 4 days adn can be
> reheted in a 400F oven for about 5 minutes.
>
> Considering that I was replalcing several cups of grated potatoes with
> aobu t 2 lbs of cauliflower, this is a definite keeper for the holiday
> meal or for feedign a vegetable hating kid without telling them what they
> are made of:-) I served them with some European style yogurt from Trader
> Joes(a cchain in the US) that I like because it is really sour and thin dn
> less dense than Greek yogurt. that is a matter of preference. Had I used
> unsweetened ap plesauce, the traditional alternative topping, I probably
> would not have noticed the slight sweetnessof the pancakes.
>
> This wil definitely be art of my holiday repetoire from now on.
>
> Wendy

These sound great, Wendy. Will have to try soon!

Susan