Posted to rec.gardens,alt.food.diabetic

Default poblano to ancho question

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 10/17/2013 11:46 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:

> >> Thank you. And it just froze last night. I have
> >> to go check the damage. :'(

> > There should be chili beans in your future.
> >
> > CHILI BEANS
> >

> > 2 c. dry beans
> > 6 c. water
> > 2 c. red chili sauce
> > 1 tsp. oregano
> > 1 tsp. ground cumin
> > 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
> > 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
> > 1/2 lb. ground beef
> >
> > Wash beans and boil in water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and
> > let stand for 1 hour or longer. Cook beans 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending
> > on kind, until tender.
> > Simmer the chili sauce with the spices, onion and garlic. Cover for 15
> > minutes. Brown meat while chili sauce is cooking. Gently mix drained
> > beans, chili sauce and meat. Broil gently for a few minutes longer.
> > Makes 6-8 servings.
> >
> > Red Chili Sauce
> >
> > 4 dried ancho or fresh pasilla chilies, or 3 tbsp. chili powder, or 1
> > tsp. crushed red pepper
> > 4 med. tomatoes (1 1/2 lbs.) or 1 (15 oz.) can tomato puree
> > 1 med. onion, cut up
> > 1 clove garlic, minced
> > 1 tsp. salt
> > 1/4 tsp. sugar
> > 1 tbsp. cooking oil
> >
> > Cut chilies open. Discard stems and seeds. Cut chilies into small pieces
> > with scissors or a knife. Place in bowl; cover with boiling water. Let
> > stand 45 to 60 minutes. Drain.
> > To peel tomatoes, dip them in boiling water for 30 seconds; plunge into
> > cold water. Slip skins off. Quarter tomatoes. Place in blender
> > container; cover and blend until nearly smooth. Measure 2 cups of the
> > blended tomatoes; return to blender container (or place canned tomato
> > puree in blender container). Add the drained chilies or chili powder or
> > crushed red pepper. Add onion, garlic, salt and sugar; cover and blend
> > until smooth.
> > In 1 1/2 quart saucepan combine tomato mixture and cooking oil. Cook and
> > stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly
> > thickened. Makes 2 cups.
> >

> Hi Billy,
>
> Awesome directions! Thank you!
>
> You do know I am diabetic? We correspond over on alt.food.diabetic
> frequently.
>
> Do you have a Diabetic/Paleo substitute for the beans? How
> about two pounds of ground beef/roast?
>
> What Red Peppers would you use? Ancho? Chimayo? Cayenne?
>
> And, what would you substitute for the Cumin, which my wife
> is allergic to (can't use Chili powder for the same reason)?
>
> You are the man! Thank you!
>
> What a minute, one one clove of Garlic?!?!?! :-)
>
> -T

No substitutes. Yes I have diabetes, and arteriosclerosis. My excitement
is waiting to see which one gets me first. If you are T2, exercise to a
sweat before you eat. That should help.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>

Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_8_] View Post

Todd wrote:

[...]

Israel military detains 5-year-old Palestinian for 'stone throwing' - YouTube

Remember Rachel Corrie
Rachel Corrie Memorial Website

Welcome to the New America.
Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism - YouTube
That sound purty kinky. Get a grip here thanks.