Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default nice article on salt

On 6/18/2013 11:07 AM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
>> You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?
>>
>> I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
>> So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

> Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
> likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
> Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
> to deal with that kind of a daemon.

You are right, of course. She *is* a waste of time, but she doesn't do
"it" on purpose: she really is way out there.

Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
have problems comprehending basic English...

The folks on this group
> are a blessing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
> Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
> who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
> have problems comprehending basic English...

Hi Don,

Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
give me a pass. Works out nicely.

They are nice people who help others, including me,
that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
See Matthew 25: 35-46.

I rather enjoy their friendship.

Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.

They are good cooks.

Did I miss anything?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
> > Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
> > who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
> > have problems comprehending basic English...

> Hi Don,
>
> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
>
> They are nice people who help others, including me,
> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
>
> I rather enjoy their friendship.
>
> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
>
> They are good cooks.
>
> Did I miss anything?
>
> -T

Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
communicated. If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
would probably far fewer posts.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
> can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
fellow.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> > Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> > but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
> > can only think of one other in the group like that.

> We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
> fellow.

Sympathy for the Devil?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/19/2013 11:08 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
>>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
>>> can only think of one other in the group like that.

>> We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
>> fellow.

> Sympathy for the Devil?

:-)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 11:08 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
>>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
>>> can only think of one other in the group like that.

>> We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
>> fellow.

> Sympathy for the Devil?

Take a cue from Todd. Try to be nice.
It won't hurt you. Promise.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 1:03 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
>> can only think of one other in the group like that.

> We all get a little frustrated at times.

Yep. Ignoramuses and phoneys *do* frustrate me a little at times.

He seems like a good
> fellow.

As good as they get...
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
>>> who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
>>> have problems comprehending basic English...

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
>> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
>> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
>>
>> They are nice people who help others, including me,
>> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
>> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
>>
>> I rather enjoy their friendship.
>>
>> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
>>
>> They are good cooks.
>>
>> Did I miss anything?
>>
>> -T

> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters.

If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
other posters, you've got me figured out.

> can only think of one other in the group like that.
>
> We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
> communicated.

Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.

If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
> would probably far fewer posts.

Quantity über alles, eh?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:

> >> Hi Don,
> >>
> >> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
> >> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
> >> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
> >>
> >> They are nice people who help others, including me,
> >> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
> >> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
> >>
> >> I rather enjoy their friendship.
> >>
> >> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
> >>
> >> They are good cooks.
> >>
> >> Did I miss anything?
> >>
> >> -T

> > Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> > but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters.

> If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
> other posters, you've got me figured out.

> > can only think of one other in the group like that.
> >
> > We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
> > communicated.

> Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.
>
> If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
> > would probably far fewer posts.
> >

> Quantity über alles, eh?

Uberhaupt nicht mein Fuhrer, I believe it's called banter, and its
function is to build community. If we want streß, we can take a class,
or go to work.

How did you get to be so anally retentive?

"I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one
way."
- Thomas Jefferson

Have you done anything to advance diet, or cooking, or even amusement in
a.f.d., other than obsessing on breadcrumb sins of taste, or
orthography?

Lighten up.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/21/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Roberto > wrote:
>
>> On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:

>>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters.

>> If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
>> other posters, you've got me figured out.

>>> can only think of one other in the group like that.
>>>
>>> We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
>>> communicated.

>> Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.
>>
>> If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
>>> would probably far fewer posts.
>>>

>> Quantity über alles, eh?

> Uberhaupt nicht mein Fuhrer,

Don't you even know how to do Umlaute?

I believe it's called banter, and its
> function is to build community.

It's wasting time given that usenet is about as useless as it gets as
far as building communities goes.

If we want streß, we can take a class,
> or go to work.

Speak for yourself. There are those of us who enjoy both taking classes
and working. And *we* don't get "streßed" out by things we like to do.

> How did you get to be so anally retentive?

By being called that by an anally expulsive person who has no clue the
terms are as ridiculous and thus as discredited as the pseudo healer who
coined them?

> "I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one
> way."
> - Thomas Jefferson

Not even old TC was perfect :-(

> Have you done anything to advance diet, or cooking, or even amusement in
> a.f.d., other than obsessing on breadcrumb sins of taste, or
> orthography?

Do you always mistreat newbies when they don't conform to your ideas of
building a community?

> Lighten up.

Good advice. Follow it.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 10:35 AM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
>> who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
>> have problems comprehending basic English...

> Hi Don,
>
> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
>
> They are nice people who help others, including me,
> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
>
> I rather enjoy their friendship.
>
> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
>
> They are good cooks.
>
> Did I miss anything?

Yep. Matthew 25: 31-34

And while we are quoting the Good Book:
About your judgement of Julie: There's Mathew 7:1 or Luke 6:36, if you
prefer.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> Mathew 7:1

Hi Don,

Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm

Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> Mathew 7:1

> Hi Don,
>
> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm
>
> Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

Excellent suggestion.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/21/2013 7:34 PM, pavane wrote:

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> Mathew 7:1

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
>> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm
>>
>> Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

> Excellent suggestion.

Eat you heart out:

http://tinyurl.com/lzrf7og
http://tinyurl.com/klcj7vz

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" > wrote in message

> Eat you heart out:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/lzrf7og
> http://tinyurl.com/klcj7vz

It should actually be "blow your heart up."

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/21/2013 3:55 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> Mathew 7:1

> Hi Don,
>
> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm

I'm not into wasting time reading drawn out explanations of very simple
sentences I have no problem understanding.

Just like I'm not into wasting time talking and writing about what
Christ commanded his disciples to do in Mathew 25: 31-46. THAT was his
and his man Mathew's job: our job is to ACTUALLY *DO* what He commanded.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/23/2013 02:20 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> On 6/21/2013 3:55 PM, Todd wrote:
>> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> Mathew 7:1

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
>> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm
>>

> I'm not into wasting time reading drawn out explanations of very simple
> sentences I have no problem understanding.
>
> Just like I'm not into wasting time talking and writing about what
> Christ commanded his disciples to do in Mathew 25: 31-46. THAT was his
> and his man Mathew's job: our job is to ACTUALLY *DO* what He commanded.

Doers of the word rather than just hearers of the word.
This is good advice.

It is easier to be a doer if you do not make the huge
mistake of taking a single sentence or a sentence fragment
out of context with the rest of the paragraph. This is why
I gave you the link explaining what was going on with the
fragment you quoted.

What you missed in Matthew 7:1-5 was not to "never" judge,
you must judge to survive, but how to judge. Clean
up your own act first before judging others. When I made
the judgment that I did not want Julie's daemon in my life,
and what you saw in this thread was only minor, I had
made sure I did not do to others or her what she was doing to me
first. Do you see me jumping to conclusions, accusing
anyone of being "anti woman", threating to beat them up
in an alley, deliberately taking things out of context,
even when corrected by others? Do you see me telling
others they are "stuck on stupid" (that was one of yours)?
I am ready to be judged on the matter.

You must judge to survive. The fragment you quoted is
often thrown in other faces by extremely judgmental
people who don't want to hear that they are doing
something nasty by others. There is a difference between
common judgment and righteous judgment. Read the link.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/23/2013 1:32 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/23/2013 02:20 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Don,
>>>
>>> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
>>> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm
>>>

>> I'm not into wasting time reading drawn out explanations of very simple
>> sentences I have no problem understanding.
>>
>> Just like I'm not into wasting time talking and writing about what
>> Christ commanded his disciples to do in Mathew 25: 31-46. THAT was his
>> and his man Mathew's job: our job is to ACTUALLY *DO* what He commanded.

> Doers of the word rather than just hearers of the word.
> This is good advice.
>
> It is easier to be a doer if you do not make the huge
> mistake of taking a single sentence or a sentence fragment
> out of context with the rest of the paragraph. This is why
> I gave you the link explaining what was going on with the
> fragment you quoted.
>
> What you missed in Matthew 7:1-5 was not to "never" judge,
> you must judge to survive, but how to judge. Clean
> up your own act first before judging others. When I made
> the judgment that I did not want Julie's daemon in my life,
> and what you saw in this thread was only minor, I had
> made sure I did not do to others or her what she was doing to me
> first. Do you see me jumping to conclusions, accusing
> anyone of being "anti woman", threating to beat them up
> in an alley, deliberately taking things out of context,
> even when corrected by others? Do you see me telling
> others they are "stuck on stupid" (that was one of yours)?
> I am ready to be judged on the matter.
>
> You must judge to survive. The fragment you quoted is
> often thrown in other faces by extremely judgmental
> people who don't want to hear that they are doing
> something nasty by others. There is a difference between
> common judgment and righteous judgment.

As there is between right and wrong judgement. And your judgement of
Julie is just plain wrong. She is not possessed by a demon - she is
sick. Now go back to Mathew 25:41-46 and see what Christ has to say
about those who do not look after the sick.

Read the link.

No need. There's only one source that matters in determining what it
takes to be a Christian: the teachings of Christ.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/23/2013 02:20 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> I'm not into wasting time talking and writing about what Christ
> commanded his disciples to do in Mathew 25: 31-46

Don,

You are missing the point of Matthew 15:31-46 and why it
matter to me. Whenever you do something kind to someone else
in need without expectation of return, especially to those you
don't even know, as these people do on this group, you are
touching the face of God. And that my friend, is how those
that don't know God manage to pass the gates of heaven. They
may not know God, but God *knows* them. I like being around them.
I feel the love of God in them (their goodness). Which is why
I am a bit protective of them.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/23/2013 2:26 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/23/2013 02:20 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> I'm not into wasting time talking and writing about what Christ
>> commanded his disciples to do in Mathew 25: 31-46

> Don,
>
> You are missing the point of Matthew 15:31-46 and why it
> matter to me. Whenever you do something kind to someone else
> in need without expectation of return, especially to those you
> don't even know, as these people do on this group, you are
> touching the face of God. And that my friend, is how those
> that don't know God manage to pass the gates of heaven. They
> may not know God, but God *knows* them. I like being around them.
> I feel the love of God in them (their goodness). Which is why
> I am a bit protective of them.

That's nice, but Christ was _very specific_ about who the folks are that
you are supposed to help in order to pass the gates of heaven".
Not a word about "those that don't know God" or those *you* "like being
around. JUST "the least of his brothers and sisters".
And Julie is one of them.
Talk about missing the point...

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 01:15 AM
Nice Article About Community Barbecues monroe, of course Barbecue 0 03-08-2012 11:53 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM