Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin

The pumpkin tasted fine but doesn't go very good with mac and cheese, it
sure is a super veggie tho. It's a very good thing I take 125 mg of
thiamine twice a day.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> The pumpkin tasted fine but doesn't go very good with mac and cheese, it
> sure is a super veggie tho. It's a very good thing I take 125 mg of
> thiamine twice a day.

What does thiamine do for ya?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

It prevents diabetic retinopathy, diabetic kidney disease, diabetic
related heart attacks and diabetes related amputations.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> It prevents diabetic retinopathy, diabetic kidney disease, diabetic
> related heart attacks and diabetes related amputations.

I doubt that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit...CTION=evidence

1 of many such pages. Julie I think you take even more supplements that
I do, surely you can work in some thiamine.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My diabetic doctor tried taking thiamine but it gave her diarrhea so she
quit taking it. I told her to try benfotiamine instead. I'm sure she
didn't take my word on thiamine, I'm sure she checked it out online.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit...CTION=evidence
>
> 1 of many such pages. Julie I think you take even more supplements that
> I do, surely you can work in some thiamine.

I do take it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit...CTION=evidence
>
> 1 of many such pages. Julie I think you take even more supplements that
> I do, surely you can work in some thiamine.

Your link doesn't say that it prevents any of those things. Just says that
it may.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

As long as you're taking 200 mg a day you should be in fine shape.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

There's no proof any diabetes drugs prevent any of the conditions I
mentioned. Even people with super good control still often get them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> There's no proof any diabetes drugs prevent any of the conditions I
> mentioned. Even people with super good control still often get them.

But you stated it as though it was fact.