FoodBanter.com

-   -   bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/421941-bg-123-2-hrs.html)

Colt T 26-12-2012 06:50 PM

bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin

The pumpkin tasted fine but doesn't go very good with mac and cheese, it
sure is a super veggie tho. It's a very good thing I take 125 mg of
thiamine twice a day.

Julie Bove[_2_] 26-12-2012 11:07 PM

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> The pumpkin tasted fine but doesn't go very good with mac and cheese, it
> sure is a super veggie tho. It's a very good thing I take 125 mg of
> thiamine twice a day.

What does thiamine do for ya?

Colt T 26-12-2012 11:44 PM

bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin

It prevents diabetic retinopathy, diabetic kidney disease, diabetic
related heart attacks and diabetes related amputations.

Julie Bove[_2_] 26-12-2012 11:51 PM

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> It prevents diabetic retinopathy, diabetic kidney disease, diabetic
> related heart attacks and diabetes related amputations.

I doubt that.

Colt T 27-12-2012 12:19 AM

bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit...CTION=evidence

1 of many such pages. Julie I think you take even more supplements that
I do, surely you can work in some thiamine.

Colt T 27-12-2012 12:21 AM

bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin

My diabetic doctor tried taking thiamine but it gave her diarrhea so she
quit taking it. I told her to try benfotiamine instead. I'm sure she
didn't take my word on thiamine, I'm sure she checked it out online.

Julie Bove[_2_] 27-12-2012 08:18 AM

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit...CTION=evidence
>
> 1 of many such pages. Julie I think you take even more supplements that
> I do, surely you can work in some thiamine.

I do take it.

Julie Bove[_2_] 27-12-2012 08:20 AM

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit...CTION=evidence
>
> 1 of many such pages. Julie I think you take even more supplements that
> I do, surely you can work in some thiamine.

Your link doesn't say that it prevents any of those things. Just says that
it may.

Colt T 27-12-2012 07:06 PM

bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin

As long as you're taking 200 mg a day you should be in fine shape.

Colt T 27-12-2012 07:42 PM

bg 123 2 hrs after mac and cheese and pumpkin

There's no proof any diabetes drugs prevent any of the conditions I
mentioned. Even people with super good control still often get them.

Julie Bove[_2_] 27-12-2012 10:50 PM

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> There's no proof any diabetes drugs prevent any of the conditions I
> mentioned. Even people with super good control still often get them.

But you stated it as though it was fact.