Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default bg 120 2 hrs after spaghetti

3/4 C of Ronzoni Smart Taste tortini, 7/8 C of Ragu Sauteed Onion and
Mushroom sauce, 4 Armour Italian meatballs and about 3 oz of parmesan.
It had been 135 the last 2 times but I quit taking melatonin.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> 3/4 C of Ronzoni Smart Taste tortini, 7/8 C of Ragu Sauteed Onion and
> Mushroom sauce, 4 Armour Italian meatballs and about 3 oz of parmesan.
> It had been 135 the last 2 times but I quit taking melatonin.

And where was the spaghetti?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also can't get
any reduced carb spaghetti.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also can't get
> any reduced carb spaghetti.

It's not hard to measure at all! So then why did you mention it if you
didn't eat it?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Colt T" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also can't get
: > any reduced carb spaghetti.

: It's not hard to measure at all! So then why did you mention it if you
: didn't eat it?
He had a different pasta with his sauce and meatballs. I gues he used the
term generically as most of us woudl say pasta.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Colt T" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also can't get
> : > any reduced carb spaghetti.
>
> : It's not hard to measure at all! So then why did you mention it if you
> : didn't eat it?
> He had a different pasta with his sauce and meatballs. I gues he used the
> term generically as most of us woudl say pasta.

Well that would be wrong. It's not a generic term.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

After you chew it up and swallow it your stomach wouldn't know the
difference in spaghetti and some other form of pasta. I think if you
added a little ricotta to spaghetti sauce the meal would taste like
lasagna.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : "Colt T" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also can't get
: > : > any reduced carb spaghetti.
: >
: > : It's not hard to measure at all! So then why did you mention it if you
: > : didn't eat it?
: > He had a different pasta with his sauce and meatballs. I gues he used the
: > term generically as most of us woudl say pasta.

: Well that would be wrong. It's not a generic term.
As far as carb counting or its place in a dish or meal it is quite the
same. The term pasta is rather new in the US as a generic term for dishes
using these italian water noodle foods, which is what the are, so
spaghetti or macaroni were term used very widly in my youth to refer to
these types of foods. Pasta was considered quite an affectation when
first used in the US.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> After you chew it up and swallow it your stomach wouldn't know the
> difference in spaghetti and some other form of pasta. I think if you
> added a little ricotta to spaghetti sauce the meal would taste like
> lasagna.

That's not true. Some pasta is whole wheat. Some contains egg. And the
way that you cook it would vary too. I put a lot more in my lasagna than
just ricotta. Mine is mainly vegetables.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
> : >
> : > : "Colt T" > wrote in message
> : > : ...
> : > : > Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also can't
> get
> : > : > any reduced carb spaghetti.
> : >
> : > : It's not hard to measure at all! So then why did you mention it if
> you
> : > : didn't eat it?
> : > He had a different pasta with his sauce and meatballs. I gues he used
> the
> : > term generically as most of us woudl say pasta.
>
> : Well that would be wrong. It's not a generic term.
> As far as carb counting or its place in a dish or meal it is quite the
> same. The term pasta is rather new in the US as a generic term for dishes
> using these italian water noodle foods, which is what the are, so
> spaghetti or macaroni were term used very widly in my youth to refer to
> these types of foods. Pasta was considered quite an affectation when
> first used in the US.

Very true, Wendy. Exactly the same as when I was growing up;
there were spaghetti and macaroni, nothing else.

I didn't realize you are so old.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> : ...
>> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
>> : >
>> : > : "Colt T" > wrote in message
>> : > : ...
>> : > : > Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also
>> can't get
>> : > : > any reduced carb spaghetti.
>> : >
>> : > : It's not hard to measure at all! So then why did you mention it if
>> you
>> : > : didn't eat it?
>> : > He had a different pasta with his sauce and meatballs. I gues he
>> used the
>> : > term generically as most of us woudl say pasta.
>>
>> : Well that would be wrong. It's not a generic term.
>> As far as carb counting or its place in a dish or meal it is quite the
>> same. The term pasta is rather new in the US as a generic term for
>> dishes
>> using these italian water noodle foods, which is what the are, so
>> spaghetti or macaroni were term used very widly in my youth to refer to
>> these types of foods. Pasta was considered quite an affectation when
>> first used in the US.

> Very true, Wendy. Exactly the same as when I was growing up;
> there were spaghetti and macaroni, nothing else.
>
> I didn't realize you are so old.
>
> pavane

We called them noodles in our house. My in-laws who are Italian American
tend to call all pasta macaroni.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I agree egg noodles are different and I've never tried whole wheat pasta
but I do eat 100% whole wheat bread.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:57:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "Colt T" > wrote in message
>> : ...
>> : > Spaghetti it too hard to measure and too hard to eat. I also can't get
>> : > any reduced carb spaghetti.
>>
>> : It's not hard to measure at all! So then why did you mention it if you
>> : didn't eat it?
>> He had a different pasta with his sauce and meatballs. I gues he used the
>> term generically as most of us woudl say pasta.

>Well that would be wrong. It's not a generic term.

Talk about complaining simply for the sake of complaining.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

It was rotini, my mistake, and no I added no cooking water to the sauce
since I like the sauce to be nice and thick. Prego sauce is thicker than
Ragu.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> It was rotini, my mistake, and no I added no cooking water to the sauce
> since I like the sauce to be nice and thick. Prego sauce is thicker than
> Ragu.

Then that makes more sense. Because the name that you posted is for a
filled pasta.

Spaghetti aglio e olio (garlic and oil spaghetti) ViLco General Cooking 34 21-03-2012 03:58 PM
Spaghetti Pie weaver Recipes 0 23-05-2008 04:48 PM
REC: Spaghetti - Spaghetti Bravissimo Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 2 02-03-2004 10:18 AM