Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ping Susan

Susan,

Two questions for you. First, how are you feelign after all the effort of
doin the Thanksgiving dinner. Second, how did the turkey com eout after
all that feather flicking?

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I was going to do a spatchcocked turkey this year but wife who just barely
likes turkey wanted meatloaf instead.

but I who love turkey will probably do a spatchcocked one for myself to eat
for a month...lol

oh I got the galaxy s 3 from att..and just saw a Verizon add on tv for it
for free so annoyed I didnt wait a day..lol

but att here hasnt been a problem..

oooh btw my one holiday indulgence was homemade corn bread with jalapeno..I
never had it that way ever and wifes from south so had me do it.

WOW it was good!

I diced the jalapeno to tiny tiny bits with the food processor...so it wasnt
hot..just a nice warmth and a very great taste

KROM

"Susan" wrote ...

The spatchcocked non kosher bird had two days in a bag, salted, and
roasted up beautifully in the a.m. (this is what we sent home as
leftovers) and was roasted at 450 with some covering of parts here and
there after a while, lots of butter under the skin and on it. So easy
to have the butcher cut out the breast and backbones that I may start
ordering small whole turkeys this winter for the two of us. It was very
moist and good. And fast!

How was your holiday?

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "KROM" >
wrote:

> oooh btw my one holiday indulgence was homemade corn bread with jalapeno..I
> never had it that way ever and wifes from south so had me do it.
>
> WOW it was good!
>
> I diced the jalapeno to tiny tiny bits with the food processor...so it
> wasnt
> hot..just a nice warmth and a very great taste

Jalapeño corn bread is definitely one of the carb-dense foods I miss the
most. Why'd you have to go and remind me of it?

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 11/24/2012 11:34 AM, KROM wrote:

> oh I got the galaxy s 3 from att..and just saw a Verizon add on tv for
> it for free so annoyed I didnt wait a day..lol

My daughter got hers yesterday from Verizon. Not free but heavily
discounted.

I got Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" from Verizon yesterday. It normally
goes for at least $250 without cellphone connectivity. With the cell
phone connectivity $350 with a contract and higher without. I paid
$99.99 with a 2 year commitment. It will be only $10 per month to add it
to my phone service.

Such a good deal that a sprang for an SD card at 25% off and screen
protector at 25% off.

Now I need to figure out how to get some books into it.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my bad...lol

although I was good with everything else so it wasnt to bad at all.

I only indulge a few times a year and even then its a special item like a
couple of cookies for Christmas or cake and ice cream on my birthday.

its easy for me to be good again as id rather eat a good steak over a cookie
any day.

KROM

"Alice Faber" wrote in message

In article >, "KROM" >
wrote:

> oooh btw my one holiday indulgence was homemade corn bread with
> jalapeno..I
> never had it that way ever and wifes from south so had me do it.
>
> WOW it was good!
>
> I diced the jalapeno to tiny tiny bits with the food processor...so it
> wasnt
> hot..just a nice warmth and a very great taste

Jalapeño corn bread is definitely one of the carb-dense foods I miss the
most. Why'd you have to go and remind me of it?

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

nice deals!
the easiest way to get books with a lovely page turn effect on any tablet is
to get the amazon kindle app for that device..or if youre a barns and noble
person get their app.

or both!

:-)

KROM

eb.com...

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM > wrote:
: my bad...lol

: although I was good with everything else so it wasn?t to bad at all.

: I only indulge a few times a year and even then it?s a special item like a
: couple of cookies for Christmas or cake and ice cream on my birthday.

: its easy for me to be good again as id rather eat a good steak over a cookie
: any day.

: KROM
do you really need that cookie under the steak?

Wendy-couldn't resist:-)

: "Alice Faber" wrote in message
: ...

: In article >, "KROM" >
: wrote:

: >
: > oooh btw my one holiday indulgence was homemade corn bread with
: > jalapeno..I
: > never had it that way ever and wifes from south so had me do it.
: >
: > WOW it was good!
: >
: > I diced the jalapeno to tiny tiny bits with the food processor...so it
: > wasn?t
: > hot..just a nice warmth and a very great taste
: >

: Jalape?o corn bread is definitely one of the carb-dense foods I miss the
: most. Why'd you have to go and remind me of it?

: --
: "Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
: what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> KROM > wrote:
> : my bad...lol
>
> : although I was good with everything else so it wasn?t to bad at all.
>
> : I only indulge a few times a year and even then it?s a special item
> like a
> : couple of cookies for Christmas or cake and ice cream on my
> birthday.
>
> : its easy for me to be good again as id rather eat a good steak over
> a cookie
> : any day.
>
> : KROM
> do you really need that cookie under the steak?
>
> Wendy-couldn't resist:-)

lol

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM > wrote:
: nice deals!
: the easiest way to get books with a lovely page turn effect on any tablet is
: to get the amazon kindle app for that device..or if you?re a barns and noble
: person get their app.

: or both!

: :-)

: KROM

I have a B&N Nook. I got it becuse there is a store near me so if I have
any problem I just salk in and get it taken care of. Very good for
ham-hamdedpeople with vision problems:-)

Wendy

[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

possible on the zip code thing as I have a free phone turn into a pay one
AFTER I enter my zip.

I now see Verizon's pushing the Motorola razor now and not the gs3..

KROM

"Susan" wrote ...

I wonder, though, if there's an issue with selling to a different zip code?

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have the nook device but amazons reader app on my tablet..

she was asking about on her tablet

you can get a application for pretty much any tablet you can buy that lets
you read amazon and barns and nobles books on it.

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote in message ...

KROM > wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

what about a cookie crusted steak?..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> KROM > wrote:
> : my bad...lol
>
> : although I was good with everything else so it wasn?t to bad at all.
>
> : I only indulge a few times a year and even then it?s a special item
> like a
> : couple of cookies for Christmas or cake and ice cream on my
> birthday.
>
> : its easy for me to be good again as id rather eat a good steak over
> a cookie
> : any day.
>
> : KROM
> do you really need that cookie under the steak?
>
> Wendy-couldn't resist:-)

lol
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM > wrote:
: what about a cookie crusted steak?..lol

: KROM

Only if you really ike sweet meat. I don't.

Wendy

: "Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > KROM > wrote:
: > : my bad...lol
: >
: > : although I was good with everything else so it wasn?t to bad at all.
: >
: > : I only indulge a few times a year and even then it?s a special item
: > like a
: > : couple of cookies for Christmas or cake and ice cream on my
: > birthday.
: >
: > : its easy for me to be good again as id rather eat a good steak over
: > a cookie
: > : any day.
: >
: > : KROM
: > do you really need that cookie under the steak?
: >
: > Wendy-couldn't resist:-)

: lol
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber wrote:
> Jalapeño corn bread is definitely one of the carb-dense foods I miss the
> most. Why'd you have to go and remind me of it?

If you get desperate, you can make something very similar to
cornbread, using nut meal(s) and, if your recipe uses flour, one
of the LC flour substitutes. I thought hazelnut flour did well in
this and may try pecan flour too. You want some grit.

I recently read of two approaches that would lend more corn flavor
to the bread, although I have not eyed the nutritional information
on the cans yet. 1) You can use the liquid from a can of corn in
the cornbread. (I wonder how one can find out how carby the
liquid is--and, since I haven't eyed the cans, I don't know
whether some brands might add sugar.) 2) You can whomp up baby
corn in a blender or food processor. (Again, I have not checked
out how viable that approach would be.)

Ping Susan W. Baker Diabetic 0 25-11-2014 07:27 PM
Ping Susan Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 2 03-03-2013 12:43 PM
Ping Susan Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 0 01-06-2012 10:53 PM
PING SUSAN Storrmmee Diabetic 0 17-10-2010 08:39 PM
PING: Susan Melba's Jammin' Preserving 1 12-09-2008 05:24 PM