Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Food for the 4th?

I'm going to marinate some boneless chicken thighs in my standard
garlic/herb/oil/vinegar marinade (heavy on the thyme because I have so
much of it growing) and then cook them over hardwood charcoal. I'm not
sure what I'll serve with them, but it's likely to include veggies on
the grill with the same marinade. Probably sweet colored peppers and
zucchini slices. Maybe eggplant! Hmmm...

It's just going to be me and my friend Mycroft who works for me part
time one weekend day a week helping out in the garden (and in the house
in the winter). We'll garden for a bunch of hours and then have a nice
little grilled dinner and chew the fat for a bit. Low key.

Priscilla
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> I'm going to marinate some boneless chicken thighs in my standard
> garlic/herb/oil/vinegar marinade (heavy on the thyme because I have so
> much of it growing) and then cook them over hardwood charcoal. I'm not
> sure what I'll serve with them, but it's likely to include veggies on
> the grill with the same marinade. Probably sweet colored peppers and
> zucchini slices. Maybe eggplant! Hmmm...
>
> It's just going to be me and my friend Mycroft who works for me part
> time one weekend day a week helping out in the garden (and in the house
> in the winter). We'll garden for a bunch of hours and then have a nice
> little grilled dinner and chew the fat for a bit. Low key.
>
> Priscilla
> --
> "What you fail to understand is that criticising established authority by
> means
> of argument and evidence is a crucial aspect of how science works."
> - Chris
> Malcolm

Okay.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On the Fourth I ended up fixing grilled chicken and red onion kebabs and
grilled zucchini and red onion kebabs, with tzatziki (sp?) sauce. I
marinated chunkc of boneless chicken breast overnight in olive oil, lemon
juice, Greek oregano, rosemary, and black pepper.