Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Asparagus Nut Spread

Asparagus is coming hard into season where I am, and cheap, so I always like
this recipe when some is left over.

8 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 C. cooked asparagus, pureed
2 TBS finely ground pecans or almonds

Cream the cheese until smooth and mix with the puree. Stir in the ground
nuts and mix well. I like to fill celery stalks with it. Simple and good.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:14:43 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
> > wrote:
>
>>Asparagus is coming hard into season where I am, and cheap, so I always
>>like
>>this recipe when some is left over.
>>
>>8 oz cream cheese softened
>>1/4 C. cooked asparagus, pureed
>>2 TBS finely ground pecans or almonds
>>
>>Cream the cheese until smooth and mix with the puree. Stir in the ground
>>nuts and mix well. I like to fill celery stalks with it. Simple and good.
>>

> Thank you. I must try this. I live in an asparagus growing region
> in California and really look forward the spring asparagus crop.

Me too. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley, home of the Asparagus Festival. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:30:00 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Karen" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:14:43 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"

>>> Thank you. I must try this. I live in an asparagus growing region
>>> in California and really look forward the spring asparagus crop.

>>Me too. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley, home of the Asparagus Festival. :-)
>>
>>Cheri

> The festival is this coming weekend isn't it? It's not far from where
> I live, but I'm spending my day off Livermore at the Wente bike race
> so won't be going to the festival. I hear they have good
> entertainment lined up though. Tower of Power.

Yes, it's this weekend. I don't go anymore, and I don't need the deep fried
asparagus which I can't leave alone if I'm there. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Karen" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:30:00 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
>> > wrote:

>>>Me too. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley, home of the Asparagus
>>>Festival. :-)
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> The festival is this coming weekend isn't it? It's not far from
>> where
>> I live, but I'm spending my day off Livermore at the Wente bike race
>> so won't be going to the festival. I hear they have good
>> entertainment lined up though. Tower of Power.

> Yes, it's this weekend. I don't go anymore, and I don't need the deep
> fried asparagus which I can't leave alone if I'm there. :-)

I have had similar with walnuts instead of pecans/almonds - a flavour I
really like in a lot of dishes.

If you like seafood then crab is really nice for stuffed celery. Can't
remember the flavourings but its basically creamed cheese, crabmeat and
a few flavourings.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> If you like seafood then crab is really nice for stuffed celery. Can't
> remember the flavourings but its basically creamed cheese, crabmeat and a
> few flavourings.

Yes, that sounds good too.

Cheri

Crab spread ysi General Cooking 3 09-08-2013 06:15 PM
why won't they spread? Ms P General Cooking 11 11-05-2007 06:09 AM
Liverwurst Spread Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 04-02-2007 09:40 PM
Benedictine Spread Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 12-11-2005 03:26 AM
Seafood Spread Valerie Recipes (moderated) 0 20-08-2005 05:26 AM