Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default OT My Intolerance test

Turns out I am intolerant to:

Boiled Milk
Buckwheat
Chamomile Tea
Chicken Meat
Chufas (what is this?)
Clove
Cod
Dried Allspice Berries
Egg Yolk
Green Coffee Bean
Macadamia Nuts
Milk Powder
Mint
Mixed Spice: Tarragon, Thyme, Marjoram, Lovage
Mixed Seafood: Cod, Shrimp, Mussel, Tuna, Salmon
Oat Flour
Pecan
Rabbit
Rye
Tuna

Some of this doesn't really surprise me at all. But now I am going to have
to find some new bread. I do love that stuff I have been eating. But it's
rye and I think the wheat bread has oats in it. I also like pecans and
macadamias but I can do without them. This would explain my dislike of
seafood. But tuna? Pshaw. Especially since I finally found a mayo I can
eat.

The hard one is going to be mint! I know there is cinnamon toothpaste but I
don't really like it and I have to use the kind for sensitive teeth!

The non-food items mostly don't come as a surprise. Dog is on there and so
is bee venom even though I did test as not allergic at the allergist.

The nutritional deficiencies are not bad at all. They a

Chromium
Docosahexaenoic Acid (what?)
Vitamin B2
Vitamin E
Antioxidants
Bio-Flavonoids

Angela seemed to far better on the foods. Hers a

Basil
Cultivated Rye (as opposed to rye?)
Green Tea
Lamb
Linseed
Mare's Milk (like we drink a lot of that)
Marjoram
Mixed Nuts: Peanuts, Hazel Nut, Brazil Nut, Coconut
Mutton
Octopus
Pumpkin Seed
Quinoa
Rose Hip Tea

Looks like a potential problem for both of us would be red pasta sauce due
to the herbs in it. She LOVES coconut and coconut milk. Plus most
commercial popcorn is popped in coconut oil. We do eat some pasta with
quinoa. I will have to get rid of that.

Her inhalants come as no surprise either.

And her nutritional deficiencies are not as bad as I thought the would be.
The a

Omega 3 fatty acids
Pantothenic Acid
Quercetin
Silicon
Vitamin B6
Molybdendum
Sulpher
Carotenoids
Lingans

Not sure how she can get lingans if she can't have linseed (flax)

Okay then. Off to the store for new food! At least we don't have to get
rid of a too much of it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 3/11/2012 6:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Turns out I am intolerant to:
>
> Boiled Milk
> Buckwheat
> Chamomile Tea
> Chicken Meat
> Chufas (what is this?)

Something usually eaten by animals, not people.

http://www.wildlifeseeds.com/info/chufa.html

> Docosahexaenoic Acid (what?)

Usually abbreviated to DHA.
One of the omega-3 fatty acids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosahexaenoic_acid

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/d...cid-000300.htm

Often found in cold water fatty fish, so you may want to check
if there are any of those you aren't allergic to. Sardines
might be worth trying.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 3/11/2012 6:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Turns out I am intolerant to:
>>
>> Boiled Milk
>> Buckwheat
>> Chamomile Tea
>> Chicken Meat
>> Chufas (what is this?)

> Something usually eaten by animals, not people.
>
> http://www.wildlifeseeds.com/info/chufa.html

Actually it is what they make Horchata out of and apparently it is commonly
eaten/drunk in other countries.

>> Docosahexaenoic Acid (what?)

> Usually abbreviated to DHA.
> One of the omega-3 fatty acids.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosahexaenoic_acid
>
> http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/d...cid-000300.htm
>
> Often found in cold water fatty fish, so you may want to check
> if there are any of those you aren't allergic to. Sardines
> might be worth trying.

I am allergic to all fish. So I guess I will just have to remain deficient
in that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 4/8/2012 11:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Robert > wrote in message
>> On 3/11/2012 6:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Turns out I am intolerant to:
>>>
>>> Boiled Milk
>>> Buckwheat
>>> Chamomile Tea
>>> Chicken Meat
>>> Chufas (what is this?)

>> Something usually eaten by animals, not people.
>>
>> http://www.wildlifeseeds.com/info/chufa.html

> Actually it is what they make Horchata out of and apparently it is commonly
> eaten/drunk in other countries.
>>
>>> Docosahexaenoic Acid (what?)

>> Usually abbreviated to DHA.
>> One of the omega-3 fatty acids.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosahexaenoic_acid
>>
>> http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/d...cid-000300.htm
>>
>> Often found in cold water fatty fish, so you may want to check
>> if there are any of those you aren't allergic to. Sardines
>> might be worth trying.

> I am allergic to all fish. So I guess I will just have to remain deficient
> in that.

What about other seafood?

Krill oil and some types of algae come from the sea and contain DHA.

Krill are somewhat similar to small shrimp.

The algae is where the cold water fish get it from.

http://www.dhaomega3.org/Overview/Di...-3-Fatty-Acids

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 4/8/2012 11:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Something usually eaten by animals, not people.
>>>
>>> http://www.wildlifeseeds.com/info/chufa.html

>> Actually it is what they make Horchata out of and apparently it is
>> commonly
>> eaten/drunk in other countries.

>>> Usually abbreviated to DHA.
>>> One of the omega-3 fatty acids.
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosahexaenoic_acid
>>>
>>> http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/d...cid-000300.htm
>>>
>>> Often found in cold water fatty fish, so you may want to check
>>> if there are any of those you aren't allergic to. Sardines
>>> might be worth trying.

>> I am allergic to all fish. So I guess I will just have to remain
>> deficient
>> in that.

> What about other seafood?

I can't have *any* kind of seafood.

> Krill oil and some types of algae come from the sea and contain DHA.

I tried krill oil. Didn't seem to do anything for me and the smell of it
just made me want to vomit. I am giving it to Angela now but just taking
those pills out makes me retch.

> Krill are somewhat similar to small shrimp.

I know.

> The algae is where the cold water fish get it from.
>
> http://www.dhaomega3.org/Overview/Di...-3-Fatty-Acids
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill

I know what it is.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 4/10/2012 1:40 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Robert > wrote in message

>>> Actually it is what they make Horchata out of and apparently it is
>>> commonly
>>> eaten/drunk in other countries.

>>> I am allergic to all fish. So I guess I will just have to remain
>>> deficient
>>> in that.

>> What about other seafood?

> I can't have *any* kind of seafood.
>>
>> Krill oil and some types of algae come from the sea and contain DHA.

> I tried krill oil. Didn't seem to do anything for me and the smell of it
> just made me want to vomit. I am giving it to Angela now but just taking
> those pills out makes me retch.
>>
>> Krill are somewhat similar to small shrimp.

> I know.
>>
>> The algae is where the cold water fish get it from.
>>
>> http://www.dhaomega3.org/Overview/Di...-3-Fatty-Acids
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill

> I know what it is.

I've found a few more omega-3 sources, but I don't expect you to
like those either.

Grass-fed beef (not the cheaper and much more common grain-fed
beef):
> http://www.dlife.com/dlife_media/dia...ega_3s?index=6

OMEGA-3 ENRICHED EGGS
> http://www.dlife.com/dlife_media/dia...ega_3s?index=7

I've also seen a few mention of sources containing ALA type, such as
flaxseed, walnuts, and grass, but note the the human body is rather
inefficient at converting that type into DHA - less than 1% gets
converted.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 4/10/2012 1:40 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> What about other seafood?

>> I can't have *any* kind of seafood.
>>>
>>> Krill oil and some types of algae come from the sea and contain DHA.

>> I tried krill oil. Didn't seem to do anything for me and the smell of it
>> just made me want to vomit. I am giving it to Angela now but just taking
>> those pills out makes me retch.
>>>
>>> Krill are somewhat similar to small shrimp.

>> I know.
>>>
>>> The algae is where the cold water fish get it from.
>>>
>>> http://www.dhaomega3.org/Overview/Di...-3-Fatty-Acids
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill

>> I know what it is.

> I've found a few more omega-3 sources, but I don't expect you to
> like those either.
>
> Grass-fed beef (not the cheaper and much more common grain-fed
> beef):
>> http://www.dlife.com/dlife_media/dia...ega_3s?index=6

> OMEGA-3 ENRICHED EGGS
>> http://www.dlife.com/dlife_media/dia...ega_3s?index=7

> I've also seen a few mention of sources containing ALA type, such as
> flaxseed, walnuts, and grass, but note the the human body is rather
> inefficient at converting that type into DHA - less than 1% gets
> converted.

I am also intolerant to eggs. I do eat grass fed beef but at best once a
week. I am not lacking in Omega 3's in any way shape or form. I take a mix
of 3's and 6's.

Intolerance Jeffrey[_3_] Wine 12 03-12-2010 08:13 AM
Food intolerance in Britain Doug Freyburger General Cooking 0 09-02-2010 10:33 PM
Food intolerance in Britain Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] General Cooking 1 09-02-2010 10:28 PM
Food intolerance in Britain Pete C. General Cooking 1 08-02-2010 06:45 PM
Lactose Intolerance [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-08-2005 09:15 PM