Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cottage cheese pancakes?

I think someone posted a recipe for these before. I just made them for
Angela using Amy Adam's recipe but only one held together. On the plus side
they do smell really good.

The recipe is 1/2 cup each whole oats, egg whites and cottage cheese.

She's not sure that she likes them. Says the cottage cheese makes them
taste kind of weird. So I may not make them again. But they did seem too
eggy when I was cooking them. Like the egg separated out. What did I do
wrong?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Did you mix them by hand or with a blender?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I think someone posted a recipe for these before. I just made them
> for Angela using Amy Adam's recipe but only one held together. On the
> plus side they do smell really good.
>
> The recipe is 1/2 cup each whole oats, egg whites and cottage cheese.
>
> She's not sure that she likes them. Says the cottage cheese makes
> them taste kind of weird. So I may not make them again. But they did
> seem too eggy when I was cooking them. Like the egg separated out.
> What did I do wrong?
>
> Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Did you mix them by hand or with a blender?

Ohhhhhhhh! By hand. The recipe didn't say how to mix it or cook it. Just
gave the ingredients.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Use a blender I only ever mix by hand anything that goes in the
microwave, or a whisk sometimes - rarely a blender

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> Did you mix them by hand or with a blender?

> Ohhhhhhhh! By hand. The recipe didn't say how to mix it or cook it.
> Just gave the ingredients.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Use a blender I only ever mix by hand anything that goes in the
> microwave, or a whisk sometimes - rarely a blender
>
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>> Did you mix them by hand or with a blender?

>> Ohhhhhhhh! By hand. The recipe didn't say how to mix it or cook it.
>> Just gave the ingredients.

Thaniks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: Use a blender I only ever mix by hand anything that goes in the
: microwave, or a whisk sometimes - rarely a blender

I have never used a blender or anything other than a spoon, and by hand,
for pancakes or muffins wich often ell yu t leave some lomps and not over
beat. Even y Passover matozo meal pancakes which get all their lift fomr
beaten egg whites, I use either an egg beater or hand mier for the egg
whites only, then foldign them into the matzo meal/egg yolk mixure by
hand.

I have n idea what the directions should be for Julie's recipe.

Wendy

: "Julie Bove" >
wrote in message : ...
: >
: > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> Did you mix them by hand or with a blender?
: >
: > Ohhhhhhhh! By hand. The recipe didn't say how to mix it or cook it.
: > Just gave the ingredients.
: >
: >
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
> : Use a blender I only ever mix by hand anything that goes in the
> : microwave, or a whisk sometimes - rarely a blender
>

> I have never used a blender or anything other than a spoon, and by
> hand,
> for pancakes or muffins wich often ell yu t leave some lomps and not
> over
> beat. Even y Passover matozo meal pancakes which get all their lift
> fomr
> beaten egg whites, I use either an egg beater or hand mier for the egg
> whites only, then foldign them into the matzo meal/egg yolk mixure by
> hand.
>
> I have n idea what the directions should be for Julie's recipe.

I can't see hand blending of cottage cheese and oatmeal becoming smooth
enough without a blender. Of course I don't know the texture of the
oatmeal, it can be fairly fine or rough cut. I think flour, egg and milk
would have a better chance of being smoother with hand mixing.

> Wendy
>
> : "Julie Bove" >
> wrote in message : ...
> : >
> : > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >> Did you mix them by hand or with a blender?
> : >
> : > Ohhhhhhhh! By hand. The recipe didn't say how to mix it or cook
> it.
> : > Just gave the ingredients.
> : >
> : >

Cottage Cheese Pancakes Read Recipes (moderated) 0 14-08-2006 03:10 AM
Cottage Cheese Pancakes (3) Collection Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 14-08-2006 03:08 AM
Cottage Cheese Pancakes (5) Collection Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 14-08-2006 03:05 AM
Cottage Cheese Pancakes 2 Tim Recipes 0 28-06-2005 10:28 AM
Cottage Cheese Pancakes Tim Recipes 0 28-06-2005 10:27 AM