Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Salmon Souffle

First, i need to apologize for the 'touch of this' style of cooking i
do. These are 'recipes' handed down and you are taught by a mother or
aunt or. There isn't a written method and everyone adds their own touches.

couple of the small cans of salmon..... i prefer Sockeye or Pink
varieties.... the small cans say 213 grams, so 426 grams or just about 1 lb

one yellow onion, juiced or minced very finely on the grater

2 or 3 LARGE eggs (use 2 and wait)

squeeze of lemon or lime juice or REAL lemon and a dash of zest

3 or 4 slices of DRY bread, blenderized into crumbs

about 1/2 cup of milk with the juice from the canned salmon (that's
total, not in addition)

1. flake the salmon and mash it with a fork so it's very finely textured

2. add the beaten eggs, milk, onion then lemon/lime juice

3. mix well

4. add bread crumbs, mix well

The salmon should have a 'pudding that isn't set' texture to it. This
is where you may have to add more egg or a touch more milk or more
bread. (back to the 'see what's in the fridge' method)

place mixture in a casserole dish, bake at 350F for about 45 min (when
the toothpick comes out dry)

variation: add parmesan cheese atop the 'souffle' allowing it to brown
a bit

variation: spices of choice, and i forgot the garlic!

This may not appear to be very diabetic friendly, but this souffle
should easily serve 6 (or 4 bigger eaters). I usually serve it with
cream corn (ya, i know, more carbs LOL) and a nice spinach salad.

enjoy!
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

This sounds good. Thanks Kate. Its something I think my kids would eat
too.

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> First, i need to apologize for the 'touch of this' style of cooking i
> do. These are 'recipes' handed down and you are taught by a mother or
> aunt or. There isn't a written method and everyone adds their own
> touches.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 6:13 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> This sounds good. Thanks Kate. Its something I think my kids would eat too.

it's mushy, so it's perfect 'kid' food

and, it doesn't look like FISH, so more likely to be eaten by kids as
well (well, at least MY kid) LOL

kate

Chocolate Souffle Madzukun Recipes 3 21-11-2012 07:17 AM
Dinner tonight: Salmon Souffle Kent[_5_] General Cooking 24 06-04-2011 04:31 PM
Salmon Cheese Souffle Report Kent[_5_] General Cooking 1 31-03-2011 12:12 AM
Broccoli Soufflé Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-09-2005 05:28 PM
Salmon Souffle Maureen Recipes (moderated) 0 04-05-2005 01:43 PM