Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default The low carb desserts were a bust!

I bought two desserts at Costco. Thankfully they were small. One was a
chocolate cheese fudge. The other was a buffalo milk lemon cheesecake.

Nobody liked the fudge. It doesn't taste like cheese. It is VERY creamy
which is perhaps one reason I don't like it. It is missing that sort of
slightly granular texture that a good fudge has. That's not quite the right
description but good fudge has a texture that this stuff doesn't. It is very
chocolately. TOO chocolatey. Nobody ate more than a tiny bite.

The cheesecake is very lemony and not at all sweet. I found it to be just
okay but the flavor was too overwhelming to me. I think I further messed it
up by putting some Amarena cherries on it. I found them to be just weird.
I bought them for a baked apple recipe that I will probably make again, sans
any sort of cherries or chocolate sauce. That to me was overkill. The
cherries are in texture like Maraschino but they are a dark, almost blackish
color and not very sweet. I know they are in a sugar syrup but it had a
yucky medicinal taste to me. So I will likely just be dumping those out,
even though they were expensive.

Good try Costco, but... Fail!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I bought two desserts at Costco. Thankfully they were small. One was a
>chocolate cheese fudge. The other was a buffalo milk lemon cheesecake.
>
> Nobody liked the fudge. It doesn't taste like cheese. It is VERY creamy
> which is perhaps one reason I don't like it. It is missing that sort of
> slightly granular texture that a good fudge has. That's not quite the
> right description but good fudge has a texture that this stuff doesn't. It
> is very chocolately. TOO chocolatey. Nobody ate more than a tiny bite.
>
> The cheesecake is very lemony and not at all sweet. I found it to be just
> okay but the flavor was too overwhelming to me. I think I further messed
> it up by putting some Amarena cherries on it. I found them to be just
> weird. I bought them for a baked apple recipe that I will probably make
> again, sans any sort of cherries or chocolate sauce. That to me was
> overkill. The cherries are in texture like Maraschino but they are a
> dark, almost blackish color and not very sweet. I know they are in a
> sugar syrup but it had a yucky medicinal taste to me. So I will likely
> just be dumping those out, even though they were expensive.
>
> Good try Costco, but... Fail!

Miserere! That's it. Good try but gone. Friday starts the
clearance sale of all Costco merchandise. Julie
Bovitch was unhappy, meae culpae, forgive us, oh Earth
Goddess. May the Black Hole forgive God, who created
those who caused Her and Her Delightful Angela angst.
Mournful Mournful Mournful sound the dirge. Aaaggghhhh.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I bought two desserts at Costco. Thankfully they were small. One was a
>>chocolate cheese fudge. The other was a buffalo milk lemon cheesecake.
>>
>> Nobody liked the fudge. It doesn't taste like cheese. It is VERY creamy
>> which is perhaps one reason I don't like it. It is missing that sort of
>> slightly granular texture that a good fudge has. That's not quite the
>> right description but good fudge has a texture that this stuff doesn't.
>> It is very chocolately. TOO chocolatey. Nobody ate more than a tiny
>> bite.
>>
>> The cheesecake is very lemony and not at all sweet. I found it to be
>> just okay but the flavor was too overwhelming to me. I think I further
>> messed it up by putting some Amarena cherries on it. I found them to be
>> just weird. I bought them for a baked apple recipe that I will probably
>> make again, sans any sort of cherries or chocolate sauce. That to me was
>> overkill. The cherries are in texture like Maraschino but they are a
>> dark, almost blackish color and not very sweet. I know they are in a
>> sugar syrup but it had a yucky medicinal taste to me. So I will likely
>> just be dumping those out, even though they were expensive.
>>
>> Good try Costco, but... Fail!

> Miserere! That's it. Good try but gone. Friday starts the
> clearance sale of all Costco merchandise. Julie
> Bovitch was unhappy, meae culpae, forgive us, oh Earth
> Goddess. May the Black Hole forgive God, who created
> those who caused Her and Her Delightful Angela angst.
> Mournful Mournful Mournful sound the dirge. Aaaggghhhh.

What is your problem? Costco doesn't put things on clearance tomorrow!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

when i open your posts i expect something worthwhile, sad to say i was
disappointed, Lee
"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I bought two desserts at Costco. Thankfully they were small. One was a
>>chocolate cheese fudge. The other was a buffalo milk lemon cheesecake.
>>
>> Nobody liked the fudge. It doesn't taste like cheese. It is VERY creamy
>> which is perhaps one reason I don't like it. It is missing that sort of
>> slightly granular texture that a good fudge has. That's not quite the
>> right description but good fudge has a texture that this stuff doesn't.
>> It is very chocolately. TOO chocolatey. Nobody ate more than a tiny
>> bite.
>>
>> The cheesecake is very lemony and not at all sweet. I found it to be
>> just okay but the flavor was too overwhelming to me. I think I further
>> messed it up by putting some Amarena cherries on it. I found them to be
>> just weird. I bought them for a baked apple recipe that I will probably
>> make again, sans any sort of cherries or chocolate sauce. That to me was
>> overkill. The cherries are in texture like Maraschino but they are a
>> dark, almost blackish color and not very sweet. I know they are in a
>> sugar syrup but it had a yucky medicinal taste to me. So I will likely
>> just be dumping those out, even though they were expensive.
>>
>> Good try Costco, but... Fail!

> Miserere! That's it. Good try but gone. Friday starts the
> clearance sale of all Costco merchandise. Julie
> Bovitch was unhappy, meae culpae, forgive us, oh Earth
> Goddess. May the Black Hole forgive God, who created
> those who caused Her and Her Delightful Angela angst.
> Mournful Mournful Mournful sound the dirge. Aaaggghhhh.
>
> pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I think i might like the cheesecake, what does the label say, description so
i can get dh to look for it, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I bought two desserts at Costco. Thankfully they were small. One was a
>chocolate cheese fudge. The other was a buffalo milk lemon cheesecake.
>
> Nobody liked the fudge. It doesn't taste like cheese. It is VERY creamy
> which is perhaps one reason I don't like it. It is missing that sort of
> slightly granular texture that a good fudge has. That's not quite the
> right description but good fudge has a texture that this stuff doesn't. It
> is very chocolately. TOO chocolatey. Nobody ate more than a tiny bite.
>
> The cheesecake is very lemony and not at all sweet. I found it to be just
> okay but the flavor was too overwhelming to me. I think I further messed
> it up by putting some Amarena cherries on it. I found them to be just
> weird. I bought them for a baked apple recipe that I will probably make
> again, sans any sort of cherries or chocolate sauce. That to me was
> overkill. The cherries are in texture like Maraschino but they are a
> dark, almost blackish color and not very sweet. I know they are in a
> sugar syrup but it had a yucky medicinal taste to me. So I will likely
> just be dumping those out, even though they were expensive.
>
> Good try Costco, but... Fail!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>I think i might like the cheesecake, what does the label say, description
>so i can get dh to look for it, Lee

Sorry, I don't have the label any more. Because of the way it was packaged,
I had to throw out the label. It was just wrapped in plastic with a sticker
on top. I think it said Buffalo Milk Lemon Cheesecake. It was small,
somewhat flat, round, no crust.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

good, where was it, bakery? deli? refrigerated? Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>I think i might like the cheesecake, what does the label say, description
>>so i can get dh to look for it, Lee

> Sorry, I don't have the label any more. Because of the way it was
> packaged, I had to throw out the label. It was just wrapped in plastic
> with a sticker on top. I think it said Buffalo Milk Lemon Cheesecake. It
> was small, somewhat flat, round, no crust.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> I bought two desserts at Costco. Thankfully they were small. One
> was a chocolate cheese fudge. The other was a buffalo milk lemon
> cheesecake.
> Nobody liked the fudge. It doesn't taste like cheese. It is VERY
> creamy which is perhaps one reason I don't like it. It is missing
> that sort of slightly granular texture that a good fudge has. That's
> not quite the right description but good fudge has a texture that
> this stuff doesn't. It is very chocolately. TOO chocolatey. Nobody
> ate more than a tiny bite.

I know what you mean about the texture. It sounds more like a ganache
texture than a fudge. But since it is the controlled crystalization of the
sugar that give fudge its unique texture, I think it unlikely that it can be
achieved with a sugar substitute. Too bad.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> good, where was it, bakery? deli? refrigerated? Lee

Sorry. Refrigerated on an end cap near the cheeses and meats.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>I think i might like the cheesecake, what does the label say,
>>description so i can get dh to look for it, Lee

> Sorry, I don't have the label any more. Because of the way it was
> packaged, I had to throw out the label. It was just wrapped in
> plastic with a sticker on top. I think it said Buffalo Milk Lemon
> Cheesecake. It was small, somewhat flat, round, no crust.

I don't like the crusts in those single serve cheesecakes anyway. They
are just powdery, nothing to bind them and make a huge mess as well as
not tasting good.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ok will have dh check that out we go again next week, thanks, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> good, where was it, bakery? deli? refrigerated? Lee

> Sorry. Refrigerated on an end cap near the cheeses and meats.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 11/25/2011 7:01 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> I think i might like the cheesecake, what does the label say,
>>> description so i can get dh to look for it, Lee

>> Sorry, I don't have the label any more. Because of the way it was
>> packaged, I had to throw out the label. It was just wrapped in plastic
>> with a sticker on top. I think it said Buffalo Milk Lemon Cheesecake.
>> It was small, somewhat flat, round, no crust.

> I don't like the crusts in those single serve cheesecakes anyway. They
> are just powdery, nothing to bind them and make a huge mess as well as
> not tasting good.

Sounds like the reason why I eat the filling of single serve
cheesecakes, but not the crust. I'd expect the crusts to have
a significant amount of carbs, but not a significant amount of
flavor.