Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner

We were out for longer than I wanted to be. We were going to have cheese
enchiladas from the freezer but Angela found some cheese and chili tamales
at the grocery store and I found a small package of pre-made Spanish rice.
We also picked up a couple of salads.

The tamales were higher in carbs than I would have liked so we each only had
one. Since I didn't cook all four, I grossly miscalculated the amount of
microwave time for the first one. It came out crunchy on one end and
semi-crunchy on the rest. Good flavor but hard to eat! I put Angela's in
for much less time. She liked it. At least one of us had a good meal! I
also sustained some damage to my hand when I pulled the first one out of the
microwave. The plate was super hot and I tipped the open end of the corn
husk towards my hand, giving me a nice steam burn. Uh huh. The rice was a
tad spicy but good. Also had lots of veggies in it.

My salad came with a tiny cup of Craisins and candied walnuts. I don't mind
Craisins but prefer my cranberries to be unsweetened. But the candied
walnuts? I don't know that I've ever had them before. But I sure can say I
don't want to have them ever again? Whose idea was this? I do love walnuts
and pecans but to do that to them is a shame! There were only a few pieces
of them but each bite that I took that had one in there sure ruined that
bite for me. Blech! 3 strawberries also came with my salad. Only one was
edible. The other two are really mushy. No matter to me really because I
think that's another thing that shouldn't be on a salad. Once in a while I
will put on some apple or pear slices but that's about as sweet as I can
imagine! There was a bag of red dressing that came with it too. I didn't
eat that at all. I'm sure I wouldn't have liked it.

So what did you have?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
[...]

Last night I ate out and had a Greek Salad with vinegar and olive oil
dressing that I made for myself form bottles at he table and 3 cups of
black decaf coffee with lemon peel in it. I now order my salads with
olives on the side ever since I broke a front tooth on an olive pit isn a
hidden olive.

Very good dinner.

Tonight I am making a hamburger which I will have on a pate with a lare
home made salad because I have to finish up my salad stuff because I am
going away for a few days and it won't last. I will have some cherries
for dessert with that dinner.

I really havn't ocompletely solved the cooking for 1 business,
particularly in the sumer. I did make a big pitcher of Gazpacho last week
and had that for a combo first course and salad and enjoed it very much.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

dh made pasta with jarred sauce, smlall portions neither of us were hungry,
Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> We were out for longer than I wanted to be. We were going to have cheese
> enchiladas from the freezer but Angela found some cheese and chili tamales
> at the grocery store and I found a small package of pre-made Spanish rice.
> We also picked up a couple of salads.
>
> The tamales were higher in carbs than I would have liked so we each only
> had one. Since I didn't cook all four, I grossly miscalculated the amount
> of microwave time for the first one. It came out crunchy on one end and
> semi-crunchy on the rest. Good flavor but hard to eat! I put Angela's in
> for much less time. She liked it. At least one of us had a good meal! I
> also sustained some damage to my hand when I pulled the first one out of
> the microwave. The plate was super hot and I tipped the open end of the
> corn husk towards my hand, giving me a nice steam burn. Uh huh. The rice
> was a tad spicy but good. Also had lots of veggies in it.
>
> My salad came with a tiny cup of Craisins and candied walnuts. I don't
> mind Craisins but prefer my cranberries to be unsweetened. But the
> candied walnuts? I don't know that I've ever had them before. But I sure
> can say I don't want to have them ever again? Whose idea was this? I do
> love walnuts and pecans but to do that to them is a shame! There were
> only a few pieces of them but each bite that I took that had one in there
> sure ruined that bite for me. Blech! 3 strawberries also came with my
> salad. Only one was edible. The other two are really mushy. No matter
> to me really because I think that's another thing that shouldn't be on a
> salad. Once in a while I will put on some apple or pear slices but that's
> about as sweet as I can imagine! There was a bag of red dressing that
> came with it too. I didn't eat that at all. I'm sure I wouldn't have
> liked it.
>
> So what did you have?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> dh made pasta with jarred sauce, smlall portions neither of us were
> hungry, Lee

Lamb chops with bottled hot chilli sauce Veggies were broccoli,
carrot and baby green beans and a corn cob (about 1/3 a cob - it was a
frozen one). Before bed I had 4 Wasabi flavoured crackers with hard
boiled egg and 4 large, scrumptious, fat, juicy, sweet US cherries. Was
the last of the cherries until Thursday next week so tonight it will be
strawberries.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> dh made pasta with jarred sauce, smlall portions neither of us were
>> hungry, Lee

> Lamb chops with bottled hot chilli sauce Veggies were broccoli,
> carrot and baby green beans and a corn cob (about 1/3 a cob - it was a
> frozen one). Before bed I had 4 Wasabi flavoured crackers with hard
> boiled egg and 4 large, scrumptious, fat, juicy, sweet US cherries.
> Was the last of the cherries until Thursday next week so tonight it
> will be strawberries.

Oh, and a large glass of full cream milk with the dinner. For as long as
I can remember eating lamb chops I have always had them with a glass of
milk, big association for me for some reason. So I gave in and put my
bottled water aside

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 16/08/2011 8:44 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> dh made pasta with jarred sauce, smlall portions neither of us were
>>> hungry, Lee

>> Lamb chops with bottled hot chilli sauce Veggies were broccoli,
>> carrot and baby green beans and a corn cob (about 1/3 a cob - it was a
>> frozen one). Before bed I had 4 Wasabi flavoured crackers with hard
>> boiled egg and 4 large, scrumptious, fat, juicy, sweet US cherries.
>> Was the last of the cherries until Thursday next week so tonight it
>> will be strawberries.

> Oh, and a large glass of full cream milk with the dinner. For as long as
> I can remember eating lamb chops I have always had them with a glass of
> milk, big association for me for some reason. So I gave in and put my
> bottled water aside

Lamb, Lamb you got lamb bugga did someone occidentally hit one with a
car ? Last time I looked at lamb I sorta said aloud " I can remember
buying a side of lamb for that" after looking at a small packet of
chops, there were grunts of agreement from a couple behind me :-)

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 16/08/2011 8:44 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> Lamb chops with bottled hot chilli sauce Veggies were broccoli,
>>> carrot and baby green beans and a corn cob (about 1/3 a cob - it was
>>> frozen one). Before bed I had 4 Wasabi flavoured crackers with hard
>>> boiled egg and 4 large, scrumptious, fat, juicy, sweet US cherries.
>>> Was the last of the cherries until Thursday next week so tonight it
>>> will be strawberries.

>> Oh, and a large glass of full cream milk with the dinner. For as long
>> as
>> I can remember eating lamb chops I have always had them with a glass
>> of
>> milk, big association for me for some reason. So I gave in and put my
>> bottled water aside

> Lamb, Lamb you got lamb bugga did someone occidentally hit one with a
> car ? Last time I looked at lamb I sorta said aloud " I can remember
> buying a side of lamb for that" after looking at a small packet of
> chops, there were grunts of agreement from a couple behind me :-)

haha, was lamb forequarter chops from Super Butcher. I can afford those
from time to times, just never the loin chops, cutlets or legs Not
even that thing they call a half leg, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 16/08/2011 3:50 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...

>>> Oh, and a large glass of full cream milk with the dinner. For as long as
>>> I can remember eating lamb chops I have always had them with a glass of
>>> milk, big association for me for some reason. So I gave in and put my
>>> bottled water aside

>> Lamb, Lamb you got lamb bugga did someone occidentally hit one with a
>> car ? Last time I looked at lamb I sorta said aloud " I can remember
>> buying a side of lamb for that" after looking at a small packet of
>> chops, there were grunts of agreement from a couple behind me :-)

> haha, was lamb forequarter chops from Super Butcher. I can afford those
> from time to times, just never the loin chops, cutlets or legs Not
> even that thing they call a half leg, lol.

I bought what was called an easy carve shoulder from Coles last time
cost me about $14 but it was supposed to be about 1 kg so thought I'd
have a nice roast lamb dinner I ended up with something about the size
and shape of half a pork fillet It musta been a very small lamb :-)

Remember the good old days when you got a side of lamb cut up for about
$10, how long since you saw a leg of that lovely flavourful leg of
mutton ? It all goes to the Middle east I think, millions of them we
used to get !

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 16/08/2011 3:50 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> Lamb, Lamb you got lamb bugga did someone occidentally hit one with
>>> car ? Last time I looked at lamb I sorta said aloud " I can remember
>>> buying a side of lamb for that" after looking at a small packet of
>>> chops, there were grunts of agreement from a couple behind me :-)

>> haha, was lamb forequarter chops from Super Butcher. I can afford
>> those
>> from time to times, just never the loin chops, cutlets or legs Not
>> even that thing they call a half leg, lol.

> I bought what was called an easy carve shoulder from Coles last time
> cost me about $14 but it was supposed to be about 1 kg so thought I'd
> have a nice roast lamb dinner I ended up with something about the size
> and shape of half a pork fillet It musta been a very small lamb :-)

lol

> Remember the good old days when you got a side of lamb cut up for
> about $10, how long since you saw a leg of that lovely flavourful leg
> of mutton ? It all goes to the Middle east I think, millions of them
> we used to get !

Leg of mutton, one of the tastiest meats in my opinion.