Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default My dinner tonight.

I LOVE French onion soup. I used to make it but nobody in the house likes
it and it's too much work for one bowl. I also haven't seen it listed at
any of the restaurants we dine at. So I was happy to find some at Safeway
in the frozen section. Two servings per box. It comes formed in a shape
that is meant for a proper baked soup bowl which I do not have. So I put it
in a big coffee mug. I heated it in the microwave but it said if you do
this the cheese would all melt into the soup. Not a problem because the way
I used to make mine was like this. I didn't heat it in the oven. It did
say you could put some more cheese on top which I did. I used Asiago
because I had no Gruyere. It's very good! Very rich.

Also picked up a little package of steamed baby beets. I cut them up and
mixed them with Feta, walnuts and black pepper. Nobody else in the house
like beets either!

Also had a few bites of leftover baked beans. Yum!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

a bit too much cheese for one meal but man it sure sounds good, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I LOVE French onion soup. I used to make it but nobody in the house likes
>it and it's too much work for one bowl. I also haven't seen it listed at
>any of the restaurants we dine at. So I was happy to find some at Safeway
>in the frozen section. Two servings per box. It comes formed in a shape
>that is meant for a proper baked soup bowl which I do not have. So I put
>it in a big coffee mug. I heated it in the microwave but it said if you do
>this the cheese would all melt into the soup. Not a problem because the
>way I used to make mine was like this. I didn't heat it in the oven. It
>did say you could put some more cheese on top which I did. I used Asiago
>because I had no Gruyere. It's very good! Very rich.
>
> Also picked up a little package of steamed baby beets. I cut them up and
> mixed them with Feta, walnuts and black pepper. Nobody else in the house
> like beets either!
>
> Also had a few bites of leftover baked beans. Yum!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>a bit too much cheese for one meal but man it sure sounds good, Lee

There wasn't a lot of cheese in it. Just a few scrapes of a peeler for the
Asiago and about 2 Tablespoons of Feta, if that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i might be able to handle that, i have to monitor cheese closely or its a
migraine, otherwise it really sounds good to me, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>a bit too much cheese for one meal but man it sure sounds good, Lee

> There wasn't a lot of cheese in it. Just a few scrapes of a peeler for
> the Asiago and about 2 Tablespoons of Feta, if that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote:
> i might be able to handle that, i have to monitor cheese closely or its a
> migraine, otherwise it really sounds good to me, Lee
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> > "Storrmmee" > wrote in message

> >>a bit too much cheese for one meal but man it sure sounds good, Lee

> > There wasn't a lot of cheese in it. Just a few scrapes of a peeler for
> > the Asiago and about 2 Tablespoons of Feta, if that.

Whenever Julie posts about a meal that she REALLY liked, it makes me happy.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i might be able to handle that, i have to monitor cheese closely or its a
>migraine, otherwise it really sounds good to me, Lee

Ohhhhhh. Luckily cheese doesn't have that effect on me. I tend to get
migraines at that time of the month. Or if I take GERD meds.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> i might be able to handle that, i have to monitor cheese closely or its a
>> migraine, otherwise it really sounds good to me, Lee

>> > There wasn't a lot of cheese in it. Just a few scrapes of a peeler for
>> > the Asiago and about 2 Tablespoons of Feta, if that.
>> >

> Whenever Julie posts about a meal that she REALLY liked, it makes me
> happy.

Glad to see you back!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>> i might be able to handle that, i have to monitor cheese closely or
>> its a
>> migraine, otherwise it really sounds good to me, Lee

>> > There wasn't a lot of cheese in it. Just a few scrapes of a peeler
>> > for
>> > the Asiago and about 2 Tablespoons of Feta, if that.
>> >

> Whenever Julie posts about a meal that she REALLY liked, it makes me
> happy.

Well hello stranger!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I'm thinking an omelet with ham and mushroom. I spent 5 hours at a
hospital with my son's girlfriend, sitting in a hard chair and not a
scrap of food since 7 am until 3pm. Interesting to hear the
conversations from the different cubicles. It seems you don't ask anyone
if they have voided or used their bowels anymore. Its "can you wee in
this container for me?" or "have you done a poo today?" I heard more
poo, wee stories today than I have since my kids were babies. The old
dear in the next cubicle obviously had dementia. About every 3 minutes
she would call out "yoohoo! nurse! I need to wee, dear". The nurse would
go in and say you have a catheter in and it is working nicely... The
fun began when the nurse went on lunch break and two other women who
didn't even look like nurses took over. The little voice called out
"nurse! I need a pan dear!" One nurse decided she couldn't get the pan
under her (while my son's GF and myself were wondering when she would
realise the woman was catheterised..) so she calls for help and they
drag in a commode chair. Then came the moment of enlightenment I
think the old lady had a lucid moment at one point because after calling
out to the nurse because she needed to wee (and not getting an immediate
answer) she called out that she needed to vomit Three nurses and a
little old lady chuckle later.... Oh, and out of one cubicle I heard
a nurse say to the guy in there, "can you tell me why you are breathing
so fast?". I thought ok, isn't that the medical staff's job to find that
out? He had swollen feet, chest pains and a funny cough. I suppose self
diagnosis was always on the cards. So, that's why I don't want to cook
tonight.... Actually a can of baked beans is looking good. I arrived
home at 3 just as one son was heading out the door to work and I found 5
empty tuna cans on the bench so I'm guessing I am not having tuna.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I LOVE French onion soup. I used to make it but nobody in the house
> likes it and it's too much work for one bowl. I also haven't seen it
> listed at any of the restaurants we dine at. So I was happy to find
> some at Safeway in the frozen section. Two servings per box. It
> comes formed in a shape that is meant for a proper baked soup bowl
> which I do not have. So I put it in a big coffee mug. I heated it in
> the microwave but it said if you do this the cheese would all melt
> into the soup. Not a problem because the way I used to make mine was
> like this. I didn't heat it in the oven. It did say you could put
> some more cheese on top which I did. I used Asiago because I had no
> Gruyere. It's very good! Very rich.
>
> Also picked up a little package of steamed baby beets. I cut them up
> and mixed them with Feta, walnuts and black pepper. Nobody else in
> the house like beets either!
>
> Also had a few bites of leftover baked beans. Yum!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> I'm thinking an omelet with ham and mushroom. I spent 5 hours at a
> hospital with my son's girlfriend, sitting in a hard chair and not a scrap
> of food since 7 am until 3pm. Interesting to hear the conversations from
> the different cubicles. It seems you don't ask anyone if they have voided
> or used their bowels anymore. Its "can you wee in this container for me?"
> or "have you done a poo today?" I heard more poo, wee stories today than I
> have since my kids were babies. The old dear in the next cubicle obviously
> had dementia. About every 3 minutes she would call out "yoohoo! nurse! I
> need to wee, dear". The nurse would go in and say you have a catheter in
> and it is working nicely... The fun began when the nurse went on lunch
> break and two other women who didn't even look like nurses took over. The
> little voice called out "nurse! I need a pan dear!" One nurse decided she
> couldn't get the pan under her (while my son's GF and myself were
> wondering when she would realise the woman was catheterised..) so she
> calls for help and they drag in a commode chair. Then came the moment of
> enlightenment I think the old lady had a lucid moment at one point
> because after calling out to the nurse because she needed to wee (and not
> getting an immediate answer) she called out that she needed to vomit
> Three nurses and a little old lady chuckle later.... Oh, and out of one
> cubicle I heard a nurse say to the guy in there, "can you tell me why you
> are breathing so fast?". I thought ok, isn't that the medical staff's job
> to find that out? He had swollen feet, chest pains and a funny cough. I
> suppose self diagnosis was always on the cards. So, that's why I don't
> want to cook tonight.... Actually a can of baked beans is looking good.
> I arrived home at 3 just as one son was heading out the door to work and I
> found 5 empty tuna cans on the bench so I'm guessing I am not having tuna.

Angela had an omelet earlier today. It was actually a frozen one. I have
to buy them like that because she can't eat a dozen eggs before they go bad.
Plus she won't cook eggs herself. This one had cheese in it. She has
another one with ham.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> I'm thinking an omelet with ham and mushroom. I spent 5 hours at a
>> hospital with my son's girlfriend, sitting in a hard chair and not a
>> scrap of food since 7 am until 3pm. Interesting to hear the
>> conversations from the different cubicles. It seems you don't ask
>> anyone if they have voided or used their bowels anymore. Its "can you
>> wee in this container for me?" or "have you done a poo today?" I
>> heard more poo, wee stories today than I have since my kids were
>> babies. The old dear in the next cubicle obviously had dementia.
>> About every 3 minutes she would call out "yoohoo! nurse! I need to
>> wee, dear". The nurse would go in and say you have a catheter in and
>> it is working nicely... The fun began when the nurse went on lunch
>> break and two other women who didn't even look like nurses took over.
>> The little voice called out "nurse! I need a pan dear!" One nurse
>> decided she couldn't get the pan under her (while my son's GF and
>> myself were wondering when she would realise the woman was
>> catheterised..) so she calls for help and they drag in a commode
>> chair. Then came the moment of enlightenment I think the old lady
>> had a lucid moment at one point because after calling out to the
>> nurse because she needed to wee (and not getting an immediate answer)
>> she called out that she needed to vomit Three nurses and a little
>> old lady chuckle later.... Oh, and out of one cubicle I heard a
>> nurse say to the guy in there, "can you tell me why you are breathing
>> so fast?". I thought ok, isn't that the medical staff's job to find
>> that out? He had swollen feet, chest pains and a funny cough. I
>> suppose self diagnosis was always on the cards. So, that's why I
>> don't want to cook tonight.... Actually a can of baked beans is
>> looking good. I arrived home at 3 just as one son was heading out the
>> door to work and I found 5 empty tuna cans on the bench so I'm
>> guessing I am not having tuna.

> Angela had an omelet earlier today. It was actually a frozen one. I
> have to buy them like that because she can't eat a dozen eggs before
> they go bad. Plus she won't cook eggs herself. This one had cheese in
> it. She has another one with ham.

Speaking of frozen. I just went looking for a tide me over until dinner
and found one last flavoured low carb yoghurt in the back of the fridge.
But it was frozen... I stuck it in the micro at 30% for 2 minutes and it
was still frozen so I put it in for 1 minute on 50% and it turned to
liquid, very disappointing The whole food thing is turning out bad
this afternoon, lol. I planned to give the boys the last of the pork
chops (only enough for two). Jasmine with her low muscle tone and
tendency to gag can't eat meats like steak or pork only chicken, minced
meats etc. So I knew had a few cocktail franks in the fridge and that
made me happy that dinner was sorted and I would be having the omelet.
When I came home I not only saw the empty tuna cans but my 16 year old
son and my ex husband happily munching on the franks! So now I have to
pull a rabbit out of the hat for her dinner

At this rate it looks likes something on toast But that's ok, she did
cooking at school today and they usually cook a main meal for that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> [...]

> was still frozen so I put it in for 1 minute on 50% and it turned to
> liquid, very disappointing The whole food thing is turning out bad this
> afternoon, lol. I planned to give the boys the last of the pork chops
> (only enough for two). Jasmine with her low muscle tone and tendency to
> gag can't eat meats like steak or pork only chicken, minced meats etc. So
> I knew had a few cocktail franks in the fridge and that made me happy that
> dinner was sorted and I would be having the omelet. When I came home I not
> only saw the empty tuna cans but my 16 year old son and my ex husband
> happily munching on the franks! So now I have to pull a rabbit out of the
> hat for her dinner
>
> At this rate it looks likes something on toast But that's ok, she did
> cooking at school today and they usually cook a main meal for that.

No yogurt here either. I found three in the fridge that expired on June 22.
Also a container of artichoke dip and a package of bologna which all oddly
expired on that same date.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

julie that yougurt is fine, as long as the package isn't opened i swear
yogurt will last forever, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Angela had an omelet earlier today. It was actually a frozen one. I
>>> have to buy them like that because she can't eat a dozen eggs before
>>> they go bad. Plus she won't cook eggs herself. This one had cheese in
>>> it. She has another one with ham.

>> Speaking of frozen. I just went looking for a tide me over until dinner
>> and found one last flavoured low carb yoghurt in the back of the fridge.
>> But it was frozen... I stuck it in the micro at 30% for 2 minutes and it
>> was still frozen so I put it in for 1 minute on 50% and it turned to
>> liquid, very disappointing The whole food thing is turning out bad
>> this afternoon, lol. I planned to give the boys the last of the pork
>> chops (only enough for two). Jasmine with her low muscle tone and
>> tendency to gag can't eat meats like steak or pork only chicken, minced
>> meats etc. So I knew had a few cocktail franks in the fridge and that
>> made me happy that dinner was sorted and I would be having the omelet.
>> When I came home I not only saw the empty tuna cans but my 16 year old
>> son and my ex husband happily munching on the franks! So now I have to
>> pull a rabbit out of the hat for her dinner
>>
>> At this rate it looks likes something on toast But that's ok, she did
>> cooking at school today and they usually cook a main meal for that.

> No yogurt here either. I found three in the fridge that expired on June
> 22. Also a container of artichoke dip and a package of bologna which all
> oddly expired on that same date.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> julie that yougurt is fine, as long as the package isn't opened i swear
> yogurt will last forever, Lee

It didn't look or smell fine! One was all watery.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> julie that yougurt is fine, as long as the package isn't opened i
> swear

I agree. I often eat yoghurt a month or two out of date if I find one at
the back of the fridge (if it hasn't frozen that is, lol).

> yogurt will last forever, Lee
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Speaking of frozen. I just went looking for a tide me over until
>>> dinner and found one last flavoured low carb yoghurt in the back of
>>> the fridge. But it was frozen... I stuck it in the micro at 30% for
>>> 2 minutes and it was still frozen so I put it in for 1 minute on 50%
>>> and it turned to liquid, very disappointing The whole food thing
>>> is turning out bad this afternoon, lol. I planned to give the boys
>>> the last of the pork chops (only enough for two). Jasmine with her
>>> low muscle tone and tendency to gag can't eat meats like steak or
>>> pork only chicken, minced meats etc. So I knew had a few cocktail
>>> franks in the fridge and that made me happy that dinner was sorted
>>> and I would be having the omelet. When I came home I not only saw
>>> the empty tuna cans but my 16 year old son and my ex husband happily
>>> munching on the franks! So now I have to pull a rabbit out of the
>>> hat for her dinner
>>>
>>> At this rate it looks likes something on toast But that's ok, she
>>> did cooking at school today and they usually cook a main meal for
>>> that.

>> No yogurt here either. I found three in the fridge that expired on
>> June 22. Also a container of artichoke dip and a package of bologna
>> which all oddly expired on that same date.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oohhh, bummer, i have had it that out of date and it was fine, but have had
some not good... can't imagine how that balony smelled, ick... Lee, offical
sniffer at her house
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> julie that yougurt is fine, as long as the package isn't opened i swear
>> yogurt will last forever, Lee

> It didn't look or smell fine! One was all watery.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

well i also don't throw out shelf stable products without testing them if
they are a canned/sealed product, i do make an effort to use them up before
other things if i am aware they are out of date. Lee
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> julie that yougurt is fine, as long as the package isn't opened i swear

> I agree. I often eat yoghurt a month or two out of date if I find one at
> the back of the fridge (if it hasn't frozen that is, lol).
>

>> yogurt will last forever, Lee

>>> No yogurt here either. I found three in the fridge that expired on June
>>> 22. Also a container of artichoke dip and a package of bologna which all
>>> oddly expired on that same date.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> oohhh, bummer, i have had it that out of date and it was fine, but have
> had some not good... can't imagine how that balony smelled, ick... Lee,
> offical sniffer at her house

The balogna wasn't opened. I know I was supposed to recycle it but I don't
like to do that with old meat. I threw it out in the sealed package. And
Angela won't be getting any more bologna for a very long time. This was the
second unopened package I threw out. At least it was cheap!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

whew, at least you didn't have to smell it, agree no lunch meat for her, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> oohhh, bummer, i have had it that out of date and it was fine, but have
>> had some not good... can't imagine how that balony smelled, ick... Lee,
>> offical sniffer at her house

> The balogna wasn't opened. I know I was supposed to recycle it but I
> don't like to do that with old meat. I threw it out in the sealed
> package. And Angela won't be getting any more bologna for a very long
> time. This was the second unopened package I threw out. At least it was
> cheap!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

LOL...You make me laugh.

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> I'm thinking an omelet with ham and mushroom. I spent 5 hours at a
> hospital with my son's girlfriend, sitting in a hard chair and not a scrap
> of food since 7 am until 3pm. Interesting to hear the conversations from
> the different cubicles. It seems you don't ask anyone if they have voided
> or used their bowels anymore. Its "can you wee in this container for me?"
> or "have you done a poo today?" I heard more poo, wee stories today than I
> have since my kids were babies. The old dear in the next cubicle obviously
> had dementia. About every 3 minutes she would call out "yoohoo! nurse! I
> need to wee, dear". The nurse would go in and say you have a catheter in
> and it is working nicely... The fun began when the nurse went on lunch
> break and two other women who didn't even look like nurses took over. The
> little voice called out "nurse! I need a pan dear!" One nurse decided she
> couldn't get the pan under her (while my son's GF and myself were
> wondering when she would realise the woman was catheterised..) so she
> calls for help and they drag in a commode chair. Then came the moment of
> enlightenment I think the old lady had a lucid moment at one point
> because after calling out to the nurse because she needed to wee (and not
> getting an immediate answer) she called out that she needed to vomit
> Three nurses and a little old lady chuckle later.... Oh, and out of one
> cubicle I heard a nurse say to the guy in there, "can you tell me why you
> are breathing so fast?". I thought ok, isn't that the medical staff's job
> to find that out? He had swollen feet, chest pains and a funny cough. I
> suppose self diagnosis was always on the cards. So, that's why I don't
> want to cook tonight.... Actually a can of baked beans is looking good.
> I arrived home at 3 just as one son was heading out the door to work and I
> found 5 empty tuna cans on the bench so I'm guessing I am not having tuna.
>
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I LOVE French onion soup. I used to make it but nobody in the house
>> likes it and it's too much work for one bowl. I also haven't seen it
>> listed at any of the restaurants we dine at. So I was happy to find some
>> at Safeway in the frozen section. Two servings per box. It comes formed
>> in a shape that is meant for a proper baked soup bowl which I do not
>> have. So I put it in a big coffee mug. I heated it in the microwave but
>> it said if you do this the cheese would all melt into the soup. Not a
>> problem because the way I used to make mine was like this. I didn't heat
>> it in the oven. It did say you could put some more cheese on top which I
>> did. I used Asiago because I had no Gruyere. It's very good! Very
>> rich.
>>
>> Also picked up a little package of steamed baby beets. I cut them up and
>> mixed them with Feta, walnuts and black pepper. Nobody else in the house
>> like beets either!
>>
>> Also had a few bites of leftover baked beans. Yum!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My household could be the source of material for a lot of different tv
shows, even Jerry Springer from time to tome I am so glad my boys
have grown out of the "Jackass" type stunts though.

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> [...]
>>> likes it and it's too much work for one bowl. I also haven't seen
>>> it listed at any of the restaurants we dine at. So I was happy to
>>> find some at Safeway in the frozen section. Two servings per box.
>>> It comes formed in a shape that is meant for a proper baked soup
>>> bowl which I do not have. So I put it in a big coffee mug. I
>>> heated it in the microwave but it said if you do this the cheese
>>> would all melt into the soup. Not a problem because the way I used
>>> to make mine was like this. I didn't heat it in the oven. It did
>>> say you could put some more cheese on top which I did. I used
>>> Asiago because I had no Gruyere. It's very good! Very rich.
>>>
>>> Also picked up a little package of steamed baby beets. I cut them
>>> up and mixed them with Feta, walnuts and black pepper. Nobody else
>>> in the house like beets either!
>>>
>>> Also had a few bites of leftover baked beans. Yum!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 13/07/2011 3:29 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> i might be able to handle that, i have to monitor cheese closely or its a
> migraine, otherwise it really sounds good to me, Lee

I saw a little snip on a science show the other day about botox and
migranes, seemed it helped prevent them didn't take much notice of it at
the time. Might be worth a google :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 13/07/2011 5:48 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> [...]

> was still frozen so I put it in for 1 minute on 50% and it turned to
> liquid, very disappointing The whole food thing is turning out bad
> this afternoon, lol. I planned to give the boys the last of the pork
> chops (only enough for two). Jasmine with her low muscle tone and
> tendency to gag can't eat meats like steak or pork only chicken, minced
> meats etc. So I knew had a few cocktail franks in the fridge and that
> made me happy that dinner was sorted and I would be having the omelet.
> When I came home I not only saw the empty tuna cans but my 16 year old
> son and my ex husband happily munching on the franks! So now I have to
> pull a rabbit out of the hat for her dinner
>
> At this rate it looks likes something on toast But that's ok, she did
> cooking at school today and they usually cook a main meal for that.

Time to stock up on Tomato soup again :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, i have read some about it, not quite comfortable with the long term
effects of it yet, my favorite use is the extreme sweating, Lee
"RodS" > wrote in message ...
> On 13/07/2011 3:29 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> i might be able to handle that, i have to monitor cheese closely or its a
>> migraine, otherwise it really sounds good to me, Lee

> I saw a little snip on a science show the other day about botox and
> migranes, seemed it helped prevent them didn't take much notice of it at
> the time. Might be worth a google :-)
>
> (- -)
> =m=(_)=m=
> RodS T2
> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message

Lol, not wrong there. I had a nice car repair bill today.

> Time to stock up on Tomato soup again :-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/15/2011 5:46 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...
>
> Lol, not wrong there. I had a nice car repair bill today.
>
>> Time to stock up on Tomato soup again :-)

Nice as in cheap?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 7/15/2011 5:46 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>

>> "RodS" > wrote in message
>>
>> Lol, not wrong there. I had a nice car repair bill today.
>>
>>> Time to stock up on Tomato soup again :-)

> Nice as in cheap?

Nice as in not cheap ;(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> On 7/15/2011 5:46 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>>

>>> "RodS" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Lol, not wrong there. I had a nice car repair bill today.

>> Nice as in cheap?

> Nice as in not cheap ;(

When I was a kid and even a young adult there were always certain Campbell's
soups that went on sale for cheap. Those were chicken and noodle, tomato
and cream of mushroom. I don't recall seeing any sales on tomato lately,
not that I've looked for them.

Angela loves tomato soup but I can't for the life of me see why because she
hates tomatoes. Anyway, I buy a boxed, organic brand and it is not cheap.
So we don't eat it often.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

: Angela loves tomato soup but I can't for the life of me see why because she
: hates tomatoes. Anyway, I buy a boxed, organic brand and it is not cheap.
: So we don't eat it often.

Back when I was in High School, I developed this simple snack or soup .
just heat tomato juice or, if you ae salt restricted, econstituted tomato
paste(3 cans water to 1 can paste) and add oregono or Italian seasoning
and a bit of grated Parmigiano cheese. quick, easy and very nice tasting.
As I was already struggling with a weigh problem adn studying to be a
dancer, this was a great low calorie treat for me.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
> : Angela loves tomato soup but I can't for the life of me see why because
> she
> : hates tomatoes. Anyway, I buy a boxed, organic brand and it is not
> cheap.
> : So we don't eat it often.
>
> Back when I was in High School, I developed this simple snack or soup .
> just heat tomato juice or, if you ae salt restricted, econstituted tomato
> paste(3 cans water to 1 can paste) and add oregono or Italian seasoning
> and a bit of grated Parmigiano cheese. quick, easy and very nice tasting.
> As I was already struggling with a weigh problem adn studying to be a
> dancer, this was a great low calorie treat for me.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
> : Angela loves tomato soup but I can't for the life of me see why because she
> : hates tomatoes. Anyway, I buy a boxed, organic brand and it is not cheap.
> : So we don't eat it often.
>
> Back when I was in High School, I developed this simple snack or soup .
> just heat tomato juice or, if you ae salt restricted, econstituted tomato
> paste(3 cans water to 1 can paste) and add oregono or Italian seasoning
> and a bit of grated Parmigiano cheese. quick, easy and very nice tasting.
> As I was already struggling with a weigh problem adn studying to be a
> dancer, this was a great low calorie treat for me.

My elderly mother, who used to love to make all sorts of elaborate
soups, now regularly makes soups of leftover vegetables and organic
tomato juice.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Member

I was happy to find in the frozen section at Safeway. Two servings per box. It became a form of which is intended to correct is baked with a bowl of soup that I did not. So I put in a great cup of coffee. I warmed in the microwave, but said that if you do so that the cheese would melt all the cooking. Not a problem, because the way I used to do that was mine. I do not heat in oven. He said he could not put more cheese on top of what I did. I used Asiago because I had Gruyere. It very good! Very rich.