Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Grilled Dijon Chicken

I've seen a recipe like this before, but it still sounds good.

GRILLED DIJON CHICKEN (from the good taste in minutes flyer Smart Food)

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard.
1/2 teaspoon EACH salt AND pepper.
4 tablespoons Butter.
2 garlic cloves, minced.
1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese.
1/2 cup water.
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce.
Chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)

Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Pound
chicken to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.

Lightly spread mustard on both sides of chicen. Sprinkle with salt and
pepper. Grill chicken 3-4 minutes per side
or until cooked through.

In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2
minutes, stirring constantly. Increase heat to
medium low, add cheese, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, and
remaining 2 TBS of mustard.

Cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon sauce over chicken and
sprinkle with parsley. Serve with grilled veggies.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri > wrote:

[...]

Looks interesting, but not for kosher me:-_ I like to bake or gril
chickenwith just mustard spred on it. I let it marinate in teh fridge for
na hour or so, as muc hof the mustard comes off n the grill, but it is a
quick and dirt,y tasty chickn breat recipe.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5/25/2011 12:35 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> > wrote:
>
> : I've seen a recipe like this before, but it still sounds good.
>

> : GRILLED DIJON CHICKEN (from the good taste in minutes flyer Smart Food)
>
> : 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
> : 4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard.
> : 1/2 teaspoon EACH salt AND pepper.
> : 4 tablespoons Butter.
> : 2 garlic cloves, minced.
> : 1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese.
> : 1/2 cup water.
> : 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
> : 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce.
> : Chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
>
> : Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Pound
> : chicken to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.
>
> : Lightly spread mustard on both sides of chicen. Sprinkle with salt and
> : pepper. Grill chicken 3-4 minutes per side
> : or until cooked through.
>
> : In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2
> : minutes, stirring constantly. Increase heat to
> : medium low, add cheese, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, and
> : remaining 2 TBS of mustard.
>
> : Cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon sauce over chicken and
> : sprinkle with parsley. Serve with grilled veggies.
>

> Looks interesting, but not for kosher me:-_ I like to bake or gril
> chickenwith just mustard spred on it. I let it marinate in teh fridge for
> na hour or so, as muc hof the mustard comes off n the grill, but it is a
> quick and dirt,y tasty chickn breat recipe.
>
> Wendy

Wendy,

Try this. I make it this way all the time and no one kvetches. It was
one of my late daughter's (may she rest in peace) favorites.

Sprinkle chicken breasts with granulated garlic. Smear them with dijon
mustard. Grill or broil.

No fancy recipe needed for delicious chicken.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Toasted Pecan & Grilled Chicken Dijon Slaw Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 28-05-2008 04:31 AM
Chicken Dijon Tim Recipes 0 11-08-2005 10:10 AM
Dijon chicken biig General Cooking 12 14-05-2005 05:40 AM
Dijon Chicken? Zspider General Cooking 5 20-10-2004 09:14 PM
Chicken Dijon Chef2Chef Recipe Club Recipes (moderated) 0 19-09-2004 03:41 AM