Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Update on food for conventions

I found out today that people generally do not stay in the hotels for the
two Angela will be attending. Was told they start around 7:30 and end
around 4:00. At least the workshop part. There is competition late into
the night which we can stay and watch if we so choose.

The other parents told me that they get food from surrounding
establishments. The kids have no time to leave as they get only a half an
hour break and 10 minutes between classes.

It is not likely I would be able to walk out there somewhere to get food,
given my disability. And the chances of my finding something we could eat
is also pretty slim.

So... I guess I will just pack a small cooler. I don't normally eat lunch
so not a big deal for me. I will just bring some peanut butter stuffed
pretzels for myself and maybe an applesauce pouch. I can bring a sandwich
for Angela and some shelf stable snacks.

We were looking at wheeled bags. She used to have a wheeled dance bag. She
used it for several years until it broke. Perhaps we will get one of those
because she will need something to put her shoes and clothes in. She has a
tote but it's not very convenient.

Anyway... Thanks for all who gave me suggestions!