Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner

I didn't really have anything planned for tonight. I did find some Ian's
Mac and No Cheese in the freezer. They were kind of old. I bought them a
few times and we liked them but then Angela decided she didn't like them. I
can eat them. I don't really object to them. But I wouldn't go out of my
way for them either. They are rice macaroni in a sauce made of rice milk
and nutritional yeast. They don't quite taste like mac and cheese, but
close.

Yesterday I got some falafel at Central Market. Thankfully they started
putting it back in patty form and not the balls. I found the balls were
just too hard to eat and I couldn't put them in sandwiches like I am doing
tonight. They sell pieces of lettuce and sliced tomatoes along with them.
I use the tomatoes as the bread. The tomatoes are not overly ripe ones so
not really dripping with juice. I have a few of those, a few bites of the
mac and no cheese and a hamburger patty.

That freed up a little room in the freezer! Now I just have to work on all
those little dabs of ground beef.

Angela asked me why we hadn't had any "clean out the refrigerator" soup for
a long time. I told her it was because we didn't have anything in there
that we had to get rid of. I've been trying to buy things in small
quantities so I don't have to get rid of it. But perhaps next time I go to
the store with the salad bar, I will buy a little extra for soup.

I do have some fresh salsa that I bought for nachos tomorrow. I usually
find the taste of that stuff is a little iffy but they were giving out
samples and this is very good. Do you think that would go well in a soup?
I think it is just onion, tomato, cilantro and perhaps some lime juice.
Perhaps it would work in a tomato based soup with some kidney and/or black
beans added?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I know this is way old but i often use salsa to cook chicken with, then use
the left over chicken and add more tomatoes and salsa for soup, also usually
add chic peas, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I didn't really have anything planned for tonight. I did find some Ian's
>Mac and No Cheese in the freezer. They were kind of old. I bought them a
>few times and we liked them but then Angela decided she didn't like them.
>I can eat them. I don't really object to them. But I wouldn't go out of
>my way for them either. They are rice macaroni in a sauce made of rice
>milk and nutritional yeast. They don't quite taste like mac and cheese,
>but close.
>
> Yesterday I got some falafel at Central Market. Thankfully they started
> putting it back in patty form and not the balls. I found the balls were
> just too hard to eat and I couldn't put them in sandwiches like I am doing
> tonight. They sell pieces of lettuce and sliced tomatoes along with them.
> I use the tomatoes as the bread. The tomatoes are not overly ripe ones so
> not really dripping with juice. I have a few of those, a few bites of the
> mac and no cheese and a hamburger patty.
>
> That freed up a little room in the freezer! Now I just have to work on
> all those little dabs of ground beef.
>
> Angela asked me why we hadn't had any "clean out the refrigerator" soup
> for a long time. I told her it was because we didn't have anything in
> there that we had to get rid of. I've been trying to buy things in small
> quantities so I don't have to get rid of it. But perhaps next time I go
> to the store with the salad bar, I will buy a little extra for soup.
>
> I do have some fresh salsa that I bought for nachos tomorrow. I usually
> find the taste of that stuff is a little iffy but they were giving out
> samples and this is very good. Do you think that would go well in a soup?
> I think it is just onion, tomato, cilantro and perhaps some lime juice.
> Perhaps it would work in a tomato based soup with some kidney and/or black
> beans added?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>I know this is way old but i often use salsa to cook chicken with, then use
>the left over chicken and add more tomatoes and salsa for soup, also
>usually add chic peas, Lee

Thanks! Good to see you back!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

cvery glad to be back, Lee