Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cooked shredded chicken

What can I do with this? I bought some for Angela tonight but she pitched a
fit and didn't want to eat the soft tacos that I made with it. She
complained that it was too boring, especially since there was no lettuce.
There was no lettuce because I forgot to do any grocery shopping yesterday
aside from some dairy products that I bought at Target. They don't have a
grocery section per se, but they do have some food items.

When I realized I hadn't done the shopping, I opted not to do it. Why?
They are going to change her dance schedule. I was told that the days would
stay the same but the hours would change. There are too few students in her
class. I was told I would get a call on Monday or Tuesday to let me know.
So far I know nothing.

So I didn't want to buy much because I didn't know how many meals we'd be
eating at home. I did go to the health food store today for some gluten
free chicken nuggets. We can take those to the dance studio since they have
a microwave. But we might have to eat some other meals there. I don't
know.

At this point I don't even know if she'll be eating that chicken at home or
at the studio. But I did tell her she would have to eat the rest of it some
time this week. Oh, she is thrilled! Hehehe.

I had Carne Deshebrada for my tacos and I put some little slices of raw
white onion and some Kirkland brand (Costco) salsa on them. They're fine.

The only thing I can really think of to do is to cook some potatoes in a
neutral fashion. Like boiled with some fake butter and parsley to season.
I won't be eating the chicken. There is only enough for her. Just one
serving. Any suggestions as to what I can do with it?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> What can I do with this? I bought some for Angela tonight but she
> pitched a fit and didn't want to eat the soft tacos that I made with
> it. She complained that it was too boring, especially since there was
> no lettuce. There was no lettuce because I forgot to do any grocery
> shopping yesterday aside from some dairy products that I bought at
> Target. They don't have a grocery section per se, but they do have
> some food items.
>
> When I realized I hadn't done the shopping, I opted not to do it.
> Why? They are going to change her dance schedule. I was told that the
> days would stay the same but the hours would change. There are too
> few students in her class. I was told I would get a call on Monday or
> Tuesday to let me know. So far I know nothing.
>
> So I didn't want to buy much because I didn't know how many meals we'd
> be eating at home. I did go to the health food store today for some
> gluten free chicken nuggets. We can take those to the dance studio
> since they have a microwave. But we might have to eat some other
> meals there. I don't know.
>
> At this point I don't even know if she'll be eating that chicken at
> home or at the studio. But I did tell her she would have to eat the
> rest of it some time this week. Oh, she is thrilled! Hehehe.
>
> I had Carne Deshebrada for my tacos and I put some little slices of
> raw white onion and some Kirkland brand (Costco) salsa on them.
> They're fine.
>
> The only thing I can really think of to do is to cook some potatoes in
> a neutral fashion. Like boiled with some fake butter and parsley to
> season. I won't be eating the chicken. There is only enough for her.
> Just one serving. Any suggestions as to what I can do with it?

I remember my stepdaughter as a young teenager loved to cook a quick,
favourite dish of hers if we were having something she didn't like. She
would saute chopped onion and garlic (optional), toss in some cut up
potatoes which she had boiled to the point you would cook potatoes for
potato salad, then toss in chopped chicken (which cooked very quickly).
In your case the chicken is already cooked and would just need
reheating. Was like having onion/garlic flavoured fries, quite
delicious. Cooked chicken never goes astray here, my kids would eat it
on sandwiches with lettuce and mayo or just mayo if no lettuce for
school/work lunches. I use it in salads, especially caesar salad. Nice
in a wrap with salsa or chili sauce and toasted in a sandwich press.
Chicken and bean salad.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> What can I do with this? I bought some for Angela tonight but she
>> pitched a fit and didn't want to eat the soft tacos that I made with it.
>> She complained that it was too boring, especially since there was no
>> lettuce. There was no lettuce because I forgot to do any grocery shopping
>> yesterday aside from some dairy products that I bought at Target. They
>> don't have a grocery section per se, but they do have some food items.
>>
>> When I realized I hadn't done the shopping, I opted not to do it. Why?
>> They are going to change her dance schedule. I was told that the days
>> would stay the same but the hours would change. There are too few
>> students in her class. I was told I would get a call on Monday or
>> Tuesday to let me know. So far I know nothing.
>>
>> So I didn't want to buy much because I didn't know how many meals we'd be
>> eating at home. I did go to the health food store today for some gluten
>> free chicken nuggets. We can take those to the dance studio since they
>> have a microwave. But we might have to eat some other meals there. I
>> don't know.
>>
>> At this point I don't even know if she'll be eating that chicken at home
>> or at the studio. But I did tell her she would have to eat the rest of
>> it some time this week. Oh, she is thrilled! Hehehe.
>>
>> I had Carne Deshebrada for my tacos and I put some little slices of raw
>> white onion and some Kirkland brand (Costco) salsa on them. They're fine.
>>
>> The only thing I can really think of to do is to cook some potatoes in a
>> neutral fashion. Like boiled with some fake butter and parsley to
>> season. I won't be eating the chicken. There is only enough for her.
>> Just one serving. Any suggestions as to what I can do with it?

> I remember my stepdaughter as a young teenager loved to cook a quick,
> favourite dish of hers if we were having something she didn't like. She
> would saute chopped onion and garlic (optional), toss in some cut up
> potatoes which she had boiled to the point you would cook potatoes for
> potato salad, then toss in chopped chicken (which cooked very quickly). In
> your case the chicken is already cooked and would just need reheating. Was
> like having onion/garlic flavoured fries, quite delicious. Cooked chicken
> never goes astray here, my kids would eat it on sandwiches with lettuce
> and mayo or just mayo if no lettuce for school/work lunches. I use it in
> salads, especially caesar salad. Nice in a wrap with salsa or chili sauce
> and toasted in a sandwich press. Chicken and bean salad.

Thanks!