Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default broccoli soup

is soooo good!

was crazy easy too..

I cooked two onions..one red and one white in a tblsp butter and a tblsp
oilive oil then added garlic and fresh herbs such as thyme and parsley and
basil and cilantro plus spices like s and p and cayenne and white pepper and
paprika and two heads broccoli and cooked through then added two containers
organic chicken stock and used stick blender to make smooth...

my wife eats it like that..I add a splash of cream and parm cheese to
mine...sooo delicous either way

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

very nice, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message
> is soooo good!
>
> was crazy easy too..
>
> I cooked two onions..one red and one white in a tblsp butter and a tblsp
> oilive oil then added garlic and fresh herbs such as thyme and parsley and
> basil and cilantro plus spices like s and p and cayenne and white pepper
> and paprika and two heads broccoli and cooked through then added two
> containers organic chicken stock and used stick blender to make smooth...
>
> my wife eats it like that..I add a splash of cream and parm cheese to
> mine...sooo delicous either way
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 05:56:37 -0500, KROM wrote:

> is soooo good!
>
> was crazy easy too..
>
> I cooked two onions..one red and one white in a tblsp butter and a tblsp
> oilive oil then added garlic and fresh herbs such as thyme and parsley
> and basil and cilantro plus spices like s and p and cayenne and white
> pepper and paprika and two heads broccoli and cooked through then added
> two containers organic chicken stock and used stick blender to make
> smooth...
>
> my wife eats it like that..I add a splash of cream and parm cheese to
> mine...sooo delicous either way
>
> KROM

Yum! (Try a little extra butter instead of the cheese - makes it extra creamy)

I have made a similar puree of broccoli and cauliflower, instead of a
soup - use same recipe, but drain and blend when tender. Replaces
mashed potatoes ...
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I've made faux mashed tater with cauliflower but didnt like the texture so
I add a small potato to it and the flavors perfect and no rise in bg.

today I added some stew beef to the soup was yummy!

without the cream and parm its just 60 calories a bowl..prob less the two
big cartons of broth were 60 or something each plus the calories the onion
and brocoli brings...made a huge pot so like 40 bowls of soup..lol

KROM

news

broccoli cheese soup? Todd Diabetic 18 12-07-2013 04:11 AM
Broccoli Soup Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-07-2008 03:08 AM
Broccoli soup (my son can't get enough of it! He can demolish the pot Tim Recipes 0 04-01-2006 12:25 PM
Broccoli Soup (3) Collection Kathy Brooks Recipes (moderated) 0 27-09-2005 02:12 AM
Mushroom Broccoli Soup Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 21-09-2005 02:19 AM