Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tuscan-Rubbed Salmon

This recipe was in Relish in todays newspaper. Sounds good.

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground fennel
1 ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

Instructions:

1. Prepare grill.

2. Combine all ingredients except salmon and olive oil in a bowl.

3. Brush each salmon fillet with about 1 teaspoon oil.

4. Press spice mixture on skinless side of salmon. Let stand 15 minutes.

5. Place salmon, skin side up on grill grate. Cover grill. Cook over high
heat
about 3 minutes. Flip and cook, skin side down, 5 more minutes or until done
but
still red in the center. The grilling time depends on the heat of your grill
and
the thickness of the fillet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i bet this wold work in the broiler, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> This recipe was in Relish in todays newspaper. Sounds good.
>
> 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
> 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
> ½ teaspoon ground coriander
> ½ teaspoon ground fennel
> 1 ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
> 3/4 teaspoon salt
> ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
> 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
> 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
>
> Instructions:
>
> 1. Prepare grill.
>
> 2. Combine all ingredients except salmon and olive oil in a bowl.
>
> 3. Brush each salmon fillet with about 1 teaspoon oil.
>
> 4. Press spice mixture on skinless side of salmon. Let stand 15 minutes.
>
> 5. Place salmon, skin side up on grill grate. Cover grill. Cook over high
> heat
> about 3 minutes. Flip and cook, skin side down, 5 more minutes or until
> done but
> still red in the center. The grilling time depends on the heat of your
> grill and
> the thickness of the fillet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nice, I am always looking for new salmon recipes, thanks.

rubbed sage? Grant Erwin Barbecue 2 30-01-2008 04:11 PM
Grilled Spice-Rubbed Salmon With Corn Salsa AJ Recipes (moderated) 0 30-01-2007 02:25 AM
Grilled Spice-Rubbed Salmon With Corn Salsa AJ Recipes (moderated) 0 18-01-2007 02:19 AM
Grilled Spice-rubbed Salmon With Corn Salsa 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 02-11-2004 02:43 PM
Ribs have been rubbed....... Chris/Power Salad Barbecue 7 31-05-2004 04:59 PM