BJ in Texas

Default Denmark bans Rice Krispies-Corn Flakes-Special K

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could

harm children

> CHRISTIAN WIENBERG
>
> Associated Press
>
> COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have

banned several
> vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker Kellogg, saying

they could be harmful if
> eaten regularly.

It is likely political rather than content of the cereals. Has the U.S.
recently banned any Danish products?
What contry is the cereal to be manufactured in? Possibly someplace besides
Denmark? does Kellog
have a manufacturing facility in Demark?

BJ

BJ in Texas

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could

harm children

> CHRISTIAN WIENBERG
>
> Associated Press
>
> COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have

banned several
> vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker Kellogg, saying

they could be harmful if
> eaten regularly.

It is likely political rather than content of the cereals. Has the U.S.
recently banned any Danish products?
What contry is the cereal to be manufactured in? Possibly someplace besides
Denmark? does Kellog
have a manufacturing facility in Demark?

BJ

Alan Mackenzie

Peanutjake > wrote on Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:10:55
-0400:
> Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could
> harm children

> CHRISTIAN WIENBERG

> Associated Press

> COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have
> banned several vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker
> Kellogg, saying they could be harmful if eaten regularly.

> The 18 products, which include enriched versions of popular brands already on
> the Danish market like Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies and Special K, were to be
> launched in Denmark soon. "We've turned down applications for a number of
> enriched products which will have toxic effects in the doses Kellogg uses,"
> said Paolo Drotsby of the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration. Drotsby
> said that if eaten regularly, the products could damage children's livers and
> kidneys, as well as the fetuses of pregnant women.

But, presumably, other foetuses will be OK. Provided, of course, they
don't eat too much Special K. Which reminds me - some while ago, I
remember Special K being reclassified by the BDA from "sort of OK in
moderation" to "only touch with a barge pole" after its recipe was
changed to use vastly more sugar than previously.

> Kellogg said it was puzzled by the rejection, as many of the products are
> being sold already in several other European countries.

> "We're extremely concerned and mystified, as we never have had such
> problems with health authorities before in Kellogg's history," said
> John Buckles, managing director for Kellogg in the Nordic region. The
> 18 products include 12 types of cereal brands and six types of snack or
> breakfast bars. Buckles said the European enrichment recipes were
> slightly different from the ones used in the United States, although
> Kellogg's products are fortified there as well and have been since the
> 1930s. "Our next step is to work with Danish authorities and see if we
> can come up with a solution. The important thing here is for us to work
> in concert," Buckles said.

> Chris Wermann, a spokesman for Kellogg Europe, added: "We will have further
> discussions with Danish authorities about the importance of vitamins in
> cereals."

Talk about patronising *******s! Perhaps Mr. Wermann would do better to
learn from the Danes about the importance of properly balanced diets, and
to modify his company's recipes to conform.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: ; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter

J. David Anderson

Pete wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:10:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
> > wrote:
>

>>Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could harm children

> Why you x poast this shit?

If you object to the crossposts so much, why didn't you remove them
before replying?

I don't feel that the crossposts were excessive, the post is likely to
have interest in all of the groups where it was posted.

Regards

David
J. David Anderson

Pete wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:10:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
> > wrote:
>

>>Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could harm children

> Why you x poast this shit?

If you object to the crossposts so much, why didn't you remove them
before replying?

I don't feel that the crossposts were excessive, the post is likely to
have interest in all of the groups where it was posted.

Regards

David

J. David Anderson

BJ in Texas wrote:

> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
>
>>Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could

> harm children
>
>>CHRISTIAN WIENBERG
>>
>>Associated Press
>>
>>COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have

> banned several
>
>>vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker Kellogg, saying

> they could be harmful if
>
>>eaten regularly.

> It is likely political rather than content of the cereals.

I doubt it.

Denmark has high standards regarding food laws, and a policy of not
accepting political interference. It has banned other products that
are readily available in the western world. It has banned Red Bull,
most common pesticides, amalgam in dentistry, water fluoridation, many
supplements, etc., etc.

Denmark is probably less politically influenced than most western
countries. It seems (unusually) to put its people first, ahead of
profits for the private sector. Other countries could learn from it.

Regards

David
J. David Anderson

BJ in Texas wrote:

> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
>
>>Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could

> harm children
>
>>CHRISTIAN WIENBERG
>>
>>Associated Press
>>
>>COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have

> banned several
>
>>vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker Kellogg, saying

> they could be harmful if
>
>>eaten regularly.

> It is likely political rather than content of the cereals.

I doubt it.

Denmark has high standards regarding food laws, and a policy of not
accepting political interference. It has banned other products that
are readily available in the western world. It has banned Red Bull,
most common pesticides, amalgam in dentistry, water fluoridation, many
supplements, etc., etc.

Denmark is probably less politically influenced than most western
countries. It seems (unusually) to put its people first, ahead of
profits for the private sector. Other countries could learn from it.

Regards

David
Ted Rosenberg

The REASON they were rejected is because they had high levels of
VITAMINS added, and Denmark's food agency doesn't believe in added vitamins.

Peanutjake wrote:

> Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could harm children
>
> CHRISTIAN WIENBERG
>
> Associated Press
>
> COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have banned several
> vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker Kellogg, saying they could be harmful if
> eaten regularly.
> The 18 products, which include enriched versions of popular brands already on the Danish market like
> Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies and Special K, were to be launched in Denmark soon.
> "We've turned down applications for a number of enriched products which will have toxic effects in
> the doses Kellogg uses," said Paolo Drotsby of the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.
> Drotsby said that if eaten regularly, the products could damage children's livers and kidneys, as
> well as the fetuses of pregnant women.
> Kellogg said it was puzzled by the rejection, as many of the products are being sold already in
> several other European countries.
> "We're extremely concerned and mystified, as we never have had such problems with health authorities
> before in Kellogg's history," said John Buckles, managing director for Kellogg in the Nordic region.
> The 18 products include 12 types of cereal brands and six types of snack or breakfast bars. Buckles
> said the European enrichment recipes were slightly different from the ones used in the United
> States, although Kellogg's products are fortified there as well and have been since the 1930s.
> "Our next step is to work with Danish authorities and see if we can come up with a solution. The
> important thing here is for us to work in concert," Buckles said.
> Chris Wermann, a spokesman for Kellogg Europe, added: "We will have further discussions with Danish
> authorities about the importance of vitamins in cereals."
> Meanwhile, Drotsby said Kellogg could apply again if the company removes or reduces the doses of the
> vitamins and minerals in question.
> The rejection was delivered to Kellogg last month after a government laboratory conducted a
> scientific examination of the ingredient lists provided by the company, Drotsby said.
> Kellogg Co., based in Battle Creek, Mich., operates in 160 countries. Its shares rose a penny to
> $41.11 in early afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
jren57

"Ted Rosenberg" > wrote in message
> The REASON they were rejected is because they had high levels of
> VITAMINS added, and Denmark's food agency doesn't believe in added

vitamins.

The real problem with Kellogg's cereals are the high levels of sugar and
salt added, and that applies to Heinz products as well!

Ted Rosenberg

No twit
try learning how to read, they were banned because of too many added
VITAMINS, not sugar or salt.

jren57 wrote:
> "Ted Rosenberg" > wrote in message
>
>>The REASON they were rejected is because they had high levels of
>>VITAMINS added, and Denmark's food agency doesn't believe in added

> vitamins.
>
> The real problem with Kellogg's cereals are the high levels of sugar and
> salt added, and that applies to Heinz products as well!

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook

Ted Rosenberg

Instead of simply crossposting some half baked comment, it would have
been helpful to bother to check the FACTS first, and find out that the
reason they are banned is because Denmark, like many other countries, is
getting concerned that people, particularly children, are taking to many
vitimines, and that they are BAD for them.

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
Tim Kettring

"Ted Rosenberg" > wrote in message
> No twit
> try learning how to read, they were banned because of too many added
> VITAMINS, not sugar or salt.

Yes , and the radio news said ( citing the posted article ) said that
Denmark says that too much vitamin fortification can cause kidney trouble
and trouble with other organs too , especially in children .

> jren57 wrote:
> > "Ted Rosenberg" > wrote in message
> >
> >>The REASON they were rejected is because they had high levels of
> >>VITAMINS added, and Denmark's food agency doesn't believe in added

> > vitamins.
> >
> > The real problem with Kellogg's cereals are the high levels of sugar and
> > salt added, and that applies to Heinz products as well!
> >

> --
> "...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
> hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the

present"
> Glen Cook

Schuyler Colfax

In article >, aspen3
@freeuk.com says...
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Pete" > wrote in message ...
> >> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:10:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"

> >> Why you x poast this shit?

> >Because it may be important news to the readers of four diabetic newsgroups.

> What is so important about it?
>

> >It is not off topic.

> I never said it was
>
> >It is not spam.

> I never said it was
>
> >PJ

This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.

The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
mixed vegetables?

Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?

Later
Schuyler Colfax

In article >, aspen3
@freeuk.com says...
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Pete" > wrote in message ...
> >> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:10:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"

> >> Why you x poast this shit?

> >Because it may be important news to the readers of four diabetic newsgroups.

> What is so important about it?
>

> >It is not off topic.

> I never said it was
>
> >It is not spam.

> I never said it was
>
> >PJ

This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.

The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
mixed vegetables?

Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?

Later
Schuyler Colfax

In article >, aspen3
@freeuk.com says...
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Pete" > wrote in message ...
> >> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:10:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"

> >> Why you x poast this shit?

> >Because it may be important news to the readers of four diabetic newsgroups.

> What is so important about it?
>

> >It is not off topic.

> I never said it was
>
> >It is not spam.

> I never said it was
>
> >PJ

This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.

The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
mixed vegetables?

Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?

Later

Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:47:51 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> wrote:

>In article >, aspen3
says...
>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
>> > wrote:

>> >Because it may be important news to the readers of four diabetic newsgroups.

>> What is so important about it?
>>

>> >It is not off topic.

>> I never said it was
>>
>> >It is not spam.

>> I never said it was
>>
>> >PJ

>This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
>sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
>it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
>but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
>together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
>a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
>of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
>
>The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
>cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
>now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
>instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
>12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
>mixed vegetables?
>
>Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
>it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
>refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
>have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?
>
>Later

What are the times after eating that those readings represent? Are they
one-hour, two-hour or something else. Presuming you are T2, I'd suspect
you're peaking very high very quickly then plunging low.

Try a test next time at 30 mins and 1 hr.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:47:51 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> wrote:

>In article >, aspen3
says...
>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
>> > wrote:

>> >Because it may be important news to the readers of four diabetic newsgroups.

>> What is so important about it?
>>

>> >It is not off topic.

>> I never said it was
>>
>> >It is not spam.

>> I never said it was
>>
>> >PJ

>This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
>sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
>it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
>but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
>together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
>a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
>of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
>
>The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
>cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
>now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
>instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
>12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
>mixed vegetables?
>
>Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
>it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
>refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
>have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?
>
>Later

What are the times after eating that those readings represent? Are they
one-hour, two-hour or something else. Presuming you are T2, I'd suspect
you're peaking very high very quickly then plunging low.

Try a test next time at 30 mins and 1 hr.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Jenny

It sounds like you are experiencing a reactive low blood sugar. This is not
good. Your blood sugar probably surged very high and then over time
secreted a large amount of insulin which brought the blood sugar down again.

Typically this will happen for a while, then it will stop--because your beta
cells have lost their ability to make any more insulin. At that point you'll
just go high and stay there longer and longer.

I experienced the same thing when I was younger. Now I don't go low no
matter what I eat but I sure can go high.

But the important thing to note is that this reactive swing means your beta
cells still can make insulin. Why not take a load off them by cutting way
back on the carbs now, so that you preserve what function you have left?
That will mean you need a lot less medication later.

--
Jenny - Low Carbing for 4 years. Below goal for weight. Type 2 diabetes,
hba1c 5.7 .

Jenny's new site: What they Don't Tell You About Diabetes
http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/

Jenny's Low Carb Diet Facts & Figures
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

Looking for help controlling your blood sugar?
Visit http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/...0Diagnosed.htm

"Schuyler Colfax" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, aspen3
> @freeuk.com says...
> > On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"
> > > wrote:

could harm children

> > >Because it may be important news to the readers of four diabetic

newsgroups.

> > What is so important about it?
> >

> > >It is not off topic.

> > I never said it was
> >
> > >It is not spam.

> > I never said it was
> >
> > >PJ

> This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
> sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
> it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
> but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
> together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
> a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
> of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
>
> The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
> cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
> now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
> instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
> 12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
> mixed vegetables?
>
> Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
> it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
> refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
> have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?
>
> Later

Jenny

> [...]

> a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
> of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
>
> The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
> cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
> now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
> instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
> 12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
> mixed vegetables?
>
> Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
> it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
> refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
> have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?

Schuyler Colfax

In article >,
says...
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:47:51 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >, aspen3
> says...
> >> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"

> >> What is so important about it?

> >> I never said it was

> >> I never said it was

> >This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
> >sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
> >it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
> >but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
> >together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
> >a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
> >of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
> >
> >The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
> >cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
> >now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
> >instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
> >12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
> >mixed vegetables?
> >
> >Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
> >it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
> >refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
> >have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?
> >
> >Later

> What are the times after eating that those readings represent? Are they
> one-hour, two-hour or something else. Presuming you are T2, I'd suspect
> you're peaking very high very quickly then plunging low.
>
> Try a test next time at 30 mins and 1 hr.
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
> Remove weight and carbs to email.

I there, well about twelve hours had passed when I took the tests. I
just awoke now and took my sugar. It is "101" That's really weird. I
have eaten nothing in the last 5.5 hours while I slept, but it went up
23 points.

I've lost about twenty pounds over the last few months also. Perhaps
that is making things a little easier. I'm just glad it didn't drop to
below zero while I slept. I could have woke up to find that the
groundhog was bringing me my mail.

Spater

Schuyler Colfax

In article >,
says...
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:47:51 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >, aspen3
> says...
> >> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"

> >> What is so important about it?

> >> I never said it was

> >> I never said it was

> >This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
> >sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
> >it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
> >but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
> >together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
> >a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
> >of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
> >
> >The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
> >cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
> >now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
> >instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
> >12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
> >mixed vegetables?
> >
> >Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
> >it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
> >refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
> >have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?
> >
> >Later

> What are the times after eating that those readings represent? Are they
> one-hour, two-hour or something else. Presuming you are T2, I'd suspect
> you're peaking very high very quickly then plunging low.
>
> Try a test next time at 30 mins and 1 hr.
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
> Remove weight and carbs to email.

I there, well about twelve hours had passed when I took the tests. I
just awoke now and took my sugar. It is "101" That's really weird. I
have eaten nothing in the last 5.5 hours while I slept, but it went up
23 points.

I've lost about twenty pounds over the last few months also. Perhaps
that is making things a little easier. I'm just glad it didn't drop to
below zero while I slept. I could have woke up to find that the
groundhog was bringing me my mail.

Spater
Schuyler Colfax

In article >,
says...
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:47:51 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >, aspen3
> says...
> >> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:27:55 -0400, "Peanutjake"

> >> What is so important about it?

> >> I never said it was

> >> I never said it was

> >This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
> >sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
> >it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
> >but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
> >together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
> >a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
> >of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
> >
> >The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
> >cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
> >now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
> >instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
> >12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
> >mixed vegetables?
> >
> >Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
> >it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
> >refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
> >have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?
> >
> >Later

> What are the times after eating that those readings represent? Are they
> one-hour, two-hour or something else. Presuming you are T2, I'd suspect
> you're peaking very high very quickly then plunging low.
>
> Try a test next time at 30 mins and 1 hr.
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
> Remove weight and carbs to email.

I there, well about twelve hours had passed when I took the tests. I
just awoke now and took my sugar. It is "101" That's really weird. I
have eaten nothing in the last 5.5 hours while I slept, but it went up
23 points.

I've lost about twenty pounds over the last few months also. Perhaps
that is making things a little easier. I'm just glad it didn't drop to
below zero while I slept. I could have woke up to find that the
groundhog was bringing me my mail.

Spater
Ted Rosenberg

I doubt seriously your reading is correct.

Whenever you get an odd reading take two more readings and see what you get

My BG read 295 last night, my next two readings (taken immediately) were
95 and 104. I ignored the high reading Actual is obviously in the
90-110 range

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
Ted Rosenberg

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:25:46 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> wrote:

>In article >,
says...
>> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:47:51 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >In article >, aspen3
>> says...

>> >This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
>> >sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my amazement,
>> >it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been eating nothing
>> >but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and Cheerios all mixed
>> >together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I started adding about
>> >a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're talking about a quart
>> >of milk and one of those medium size microwave bowls full of cereal.
>> >
>> >The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
>> >cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it just
>> >now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is dropping
>> >instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened cereal about
>> >12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is a big plate of
>> >mixed vegetables?
>> >
>> >Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If all
>> >it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal with
>> >refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here? Does it
>> >have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg products?
>> >
>> >Later

>> What are the times after eating that those readings represent? Are they
>> one-hour, two-hour or something else. Presuming you are T2, I'd suspect
>> you're peaking very high very quickly then plunging low.
>>
>> Try a test next time at 30 mins and 1 hr.
>>

>> Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
>> Remove weight and carbs to email.
>>

>I there, well about twelve hours had passed when I took the tests. I
>just awoke now and took my sugar. It is "101" That's really weird. I
>have eaten nothing in the last 5.5 hours while I slept, but it went up
>23 points.
>
>I've lost about twenty pounds over the last few months also. Perhaps
>that is making things a little easier. I'm just glad it didn't drop to
>below zero while I slept. I could have woke up to find that the
>groundhog was bringing me my mail.
>
>Spater

That time difference explains it.

Two points. To see what a specific meal or food does to you, test at one
and two hours after eating, not half a day later. And we call the "high"
in the morning the "dawn effect", where your body releases stored energy
to get you going in the morning.

Jennifer explains it better than I at
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm . Read that, and
put it into practice.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.

Ted Rosenberg

font problems - I am now assuming that you are posting "73" followed by
an exclamation point, not "731"

The reading STILL may be wrong, asnd should have been chcked. Also
remember that a reading of 73, WITHOUT a major problem means
between 59 and 91.

going from 71 to 78 is NOT "rising". The readings are too close to tell

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
Ted Rosenberg

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
Ted Rosenberg

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
Wood

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:30:12 -0400, Ted Rosenberg
> wrote:

>No twit
>try learning how to read, they were banned because of too many added
>VITAMINS, not sugar or salt.
>
>jren57 wrote:
>> "Ted Rosenberg" > wrote in message
>>
>>>The REASON they were rejected is because they had high levels of
>>>VITAMINS added, and Denmark's food agency doesn't believe in added

>> vitamins.
>>
>> The real problem with Kellogg's cereals are the high levels of sugar and
>> salt added, and that applies to Heinz products as well!

the real problem with kelloggs products is that they are shit, which
also isn't in the article - try learning how to tolerate
SC

In article >,
says...
> font problems - I am now assuming that you are posting "73" followed by
> an exclamation point, not "731"
>
> The reading STILL may be wrong, asnd should have been chcked. Also
> remember that a reading of 73, WITHOUT a major problem means
> between 59 and 91.
>
> going from 71 to 78 is NOT "rising". The readings are too close to tell
>
> Ted Rosenberg wrote:
>
> > I doubt seriously your reading is correct.
> >
> > Whenever you get an odd reading take two more readings and see what you get
> >
> > My BG read 295 last night, my next two readings (taken immediately) were
> > 95 and 104. I ignored the high reading Actual is obviously in the
> > 90-110 range
> >
> > Schuyler Colfax wrote:
> >
> >> In article >, aspen3
> >> @freeuk.com says...

> >> This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
> >> sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my
> >> amazement, it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been
> >> eating nothing but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and
> >> Cheerios all mixed together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I
> >> started adding about a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're
> >> talking about a quart of milk and one of those medium size microwave
> >> bowls full of cereal.
> >>
> >> The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
> >> cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it
> >> just now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is
> >> dropping instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened
> >> cereal about 12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is
> >> a big plate of mixed vegetables?
> >>
> >> Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If
> >> all it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal
> >> with refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here?
> >> Does it have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg
> >> products?
> >>
> >> Later

Well I had a huge bowl of cereal about 60 minutes ago. It was Rice
Krispies and generic brand Corn flakes. Again I used 5 packs of Splenda,
4 packs of Nutrasweet 1 pack of sweet and low, along with about 2/3rds
of a cup of real sugar. I'm going to take my blood sugar now; again. I
messed up the first strip by not pushing it in far enough. so I have to
stick it again.Ill do my little finger this time so I don't get blood
all over the keyboard. :-)

And the reading issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Damn! 389!!!

Well that certainly seems more like I thought it should be. Now I will
wait and not take any pills to see how fast it goes down on it's own.

So much for my cereal theory of controlling blood sugar! :-(( I t looks
like the only thing that will really keep it regulated is when I assume
room temperature.

SC

In article >,
says...
> font problems - I am now assuming that you are posting "73" followed by
> an exclamation point, not "731"
>
> The reading STILL may be wrong, asnd should have been chcked. Also
> remember that a reading of 73, WITHOUT a major problem means
> between 59 and 91.
>
> going from 71 to 78 is NOT "rising". The readings are too close to tell
>
> Ted Rosenberg wrote:
>
> > I doubt seriously your reading is correct.
> >
> > Whenever you get an odd reading take two more readings and see what you get
> >
> > My BG read 295 last night, my next two readings (taken immediately) were
> > 95 and 104. I ignored the high reading Actual is obviously in the
> > 90-110 range
> >
> > Schuyler Colfax wrote:
> >
> >> In article >, aspen3
> >> @freeuk.com says...

> >> This is really strange folks. I'm up at this hour 0342 because I can't
> >> sleep. I came into the office and took my blood sugar. To my
> >> amazement, it was 73! What Is odd here is that all week I have been
> >> eating nothing but one big bowl of corn flakes, Rice Krispies, and
> >> Cheerios all mixed together with skim milk, Splenda and Nutrasweet. I
> >> started adding about a cup of sugar to really get it right. Now we're
> >> talking about a quart of milk and one of those medium size microwave
> >> bowls full of cereal.
> >>
> >> The strange thing is my blood sugar drops drastically after eating the
> >> cereal with sugar. It should have gone up to 200 or more. I took it
> >> just now and it is up to 78. I just don't understand why it is
> >> dropping instead of rising after eating all of that highly sweetened
> >> cereal about 12 hours ago. The only other thing I have eaten today is
> >> a big plate of mixed vegetables?
> >>
> >> Am I on to something good here? Or do I have some other problem? If
> >> all it takes to keep my blood sugar low is to eat a big bowl of cereal
> >> with refined sugar, I think I can handle that. :-) What gives here?
> >> Does it have something to do with the Denmark controversy over Kellogg
> >> products?
> >>
> >> Later

Well I had a huge bowl of cereal about 60 minutes ago. It was Rice
Krispies and generic brand Corn flakes. Again I used 5 packs of Splenda,
4 packs of Nutrasweet 1 pack of sweet and low, along with about 2/3rds
of a cup of real sugar. I'm going to take my blood sugar now; again. I
messed up the first strip by not pushing it in far enough. so I have to
stick it again.Ill do my little finger this time so I don't get blood
all over the keyboard. :-)

And the reading issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Damn! 389!!!

Well that certainly seems more like I thought it should be. Now I will
wait and not take any pills to see how fast it goes down on it's own.

So much for my cereal theory of controlling blood sugar! :-(( I t looks
like the only thing that will really keep it regulated is when I assume
room temperature.
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:05:26 -0500, SC
> wrote:

>So much for my cereal theory of controlling blood sugar!

It does. It keeps it high if you keep eating it:-)

Hold a little ceremony as you put all the cereals in your cupboard in
the garbage bin.

As a Scandinavian, you should be able to find a good high-fibre whole
grain muesli. Do not add sugar when eating it, and eat it in the
evening, not for breakfast. Try a zero-carb breakfast instead, but test
everything an hour after you eat until you know what it does to you.

Not a half-day later.

Good luck.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:05:26 -0500, SC
> wrote:

>So much for my cereal theory of controlling blood sugar!

It does. It keeps it high if you keep eating it:-)

Hold a little ceremony as you put all the cereals in your cupboard in
the garbage bin.

As a Scandinavian, you should be able to find a good high-fibre whole
grain muesli. Do not add sugar when eating it, and eat it in the
evening, not for breakfast. Try a zero-carb breakfast instead, but test
everything an hour after you eat until you know what it does to you.

Not a half-day later.

Good luck.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:25:15 +0100, Wood > wrote:

>>> The real problem with Kellogg's cereals are the high levels of sugar and
>>> salt added, and that applies to Heinz products as well!
>>>

>the real problem with kelloggs products is that they are shit, which
>also isn't in the article - try learning how to tolerate

The brand is irrelevant. It's the contents that matter. Processed
cereals.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:25:15 +0100, Wood > wrote:

>>> The real problem with Kellogg's cereals are the high levels of sugar and
>>> salt added, and that applies to Heinz products as well!
>>>

>the real problem with kelloggs products is that they are shit, which
>also isn't in the article - try learning how to tolerate

The brand is irrelevant. It's the contents that matter. Processed
cereals.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.

Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:25:15 +0100, Wood > wrote:

>>> The real problem with Kellogg's cereals are the high levels of sugar and
>>> salt added, and that applies to Heinz products as well!
>>>

>the real problem with kelloggs products is that they are shit, which
>also isn't in the article - try learning how to tolerate

The brand is irrelevant. It's the contents that matter. Processed
cereals.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
D0RAJARR

>Subject: Denmark bans Rice Krispies-Corn Flakes-Special K
>From: SC
>Date: 8/14/04 8:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>In article >,

>says...
>> font problems - I am now assuming that you are posting "73" followed by
>> an exclamation point, not "731"
>>
>> The reading STILL may be wrong, asnd should have been chcked. Also
>> remember that a reading of 73, WITHOUT a major problem means
>> between 59 and 91.
>>
>> going from 71 to 78 is NOT "rising". The readings are too close to tell
>>
>> Ted Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> > I doubt seriously your reading is correct.
>> >
>> > Whenever you get an odd reading take two more readings and see what you

>get
>> >
>> > My BG read 295 last night, my next two readings (taken immediately) were
>> > 95 and 104. I ignored the high reading Actual is obviously in the
>> > 90-110 range

>Well I had a huge bowl of cereal about 60 minutes ago. It was Rice
>Krispies and generic brand Corn flakes. Again I used 5 packs of Splenda,
>4 packs of Nutrasweet 1 pack of sweet and low, along with about 2/3rds
>of a cup of real sugar. I'm going to take my blood sugar now; again. I
>messed up the first strip by not pushing it in far enough. so I have to
>stick it again.Ill do my little finger this time so I don't get blood
>all over the keyboard. :-)
>
>And the reading issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Damn! 389!!!
>
>Well that certainly seems more like I thought it should be. Now I will
>wait and not take any pills to see how fast it goes down on it's own.
>
>So much for my cereal theory of controlling blood sugar! :-(( I t looks
>like the only thing that will really keep it regulated is when I assume
>room temperature.

No offense, and I certainly don't mean to sound like I know everything, but:

I wouldn't have ever poured myself the cereal.

Nor would I have EVER added real sugar to it, should I have lost my mind and
decided on cereal for brekkie.

389 indeed. No offense again, but you brought that on yourself. I assume
you're T2. You have no business eating all those carbs AND adding real sugar
to boot.

When *I* do that, my legs ache so bad at night I can't sleep. Do you want
that?

--
DJ
D0RAJARR

>Subject: Denmark bans Rice Krispies-Corn Flakes-Special K
>From: SC
>Date: 8/14/04 8:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>In article >,

>says...
>> font problems - I am now assuming that you are posting "73" followed by
>> an exclamation point, not "731"
>>
>> The reading STILL may be wrong, asnd should have been chcked. Also
>> remember that a reading of 73, WITHOUT a major problem means
>> between 59 and 91.
>>
>> going from 71 to 78 is NOT "rising". The readings are too close to tell
>>
>> Ted Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> > I doubt seriously your reading is correct.
>> >
>> > Whenever you get an odd reading take two more readings and see what you

>get
>> >
>> > My BG read 295 last night, my next two readings (taken immediately) were
>> > 95 and 104. I ignored the high reading Actual is obviously in the
>> > 90-110 range

>Well I had a huge bowl of cereal about 60 minutes ago. It was Rice
>Krispies and generic brand Corn flakes. Again I used 5 packs of Splenda,
>4 packs of Nutrasweet 1 pack of sweet and low, along with about 2/3rds
>of a cup of real sugar. I'm going to take my blood sugar now; again. I
>messed up the first strip by not pushing it in far enough. so I have to
>stick it again.Ill do my little finger this time so I don't get blood
>all over the keyboard. :-)
>
>And the reading issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Damn! 389!!!
>
>Well that certainly seems more like I thought it should be. Now I will
>wait and not take any pills to see how fast it goes down on it's own.
>
>So much for my cereal theory of controlling blood sugar! :-(( I t looks
>like the only thing that will really keep it regulated is when I assume
>room temperature.

No offense, and I certainly don't mean to sound like I know everything, but:

I wouldn't have ever poured myself the cereal.

Nor would I have EVER added real sugar to it, should I have lost my mind and
decided on cereal for brekkie.

389 indeed. No offense again, but you brought that on yourself. I assume
you're T2. You have no business eating all those carbs AND adding real sugar
to boot.

When *I* do that, my legs ache so bad at night I can't sleep. Do you want
that?

--
DJ
Schuyler Colfax

In article >,
says...
> In article >,

> says...
> > font problems - I am now assuming that you are posting "73" followed by
> > an exclamation point, not "731"
> >
> > The reading STILL may be wrong, asnd should have been chcked. Also
> > remember that a reading of 73, WITHOUT a major problem means
> > between 59 and 91.
> >
> > going from 71 to 78 is NOT "rising". The readings are too close to tell
> >
> > Ted Rosenberg wrote:
> >
> > > I doubt seriously your reading is correct.
> > >
> > > Whenever you get an odd reading take two more readings and see what you get
> > >
> > > My BG read 295 last night, my next two readings (taken immediately) were
> > > 95 and 104. I ignored the high reading Actual is obviously in the
> > > 90-110 range

> Well I had a huge bowl of cereal about 60 minutes ago. It was Rice
> Krispies and generic brand Corn flakes. Again I used 5 packs of Splenda,
> 4 packs of Nutrasweet 1 pack of sweet and low, along with about 2/3rds
> of a cup of real sugar. I'm going to take my blood sugar now; again. I
> messed up the first strip by not pushing it in far enough. so I have to
> stick it again.Ill do my little finger this time so I don't get blood
> all over the keyboard. :-)
>
> And the reading issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Damn! 389!!!
>
> Well that certainly seems more like I thought it should be. Now I will
> wait and not take any pills to see how fast it goes down on it's own.
>
> So much for my cereal theory of controlling blood sugar! :-(( I t looks
> like the only thing that will really keep it regulated is when I assume
> room temperature.

Well, I just finished playing two games of Chess with a buddy of mine, I
won both by the way. I haven't had anything to eat or drink since that
scary reading I got around 1800 or so.

2345 CDT

I took my blood sugar just now and to my amazement, it is "99!" It has
dropped nearly three hundred points in 5.5 hours with no medication of
any sort. My blood is flowing like water! Very thin. I bled all over my
clothes when I stuck my middle finger on my left hand.

I'm going to take it one more time now to be
sure--------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------Ahhhhhhhhhh This time it said "106" Now I have
also lost about 25 pounds in the last three months. Could that be a
factor in my body suddenly seeming to be able to handle sugar again?

In any case, I won't press my luck. I'm going back to just using
artificial sweeteners. I may be on to something good here after all. It
must something in certain cereals that brings it down. I'm going to do a
search on Copernic and see what I find.

Anyway, I feel good! :-)2358 CDT

Spater
Schuyler Colfax