Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Roasted Cauliflower

I got around to trying roasted cauliflower as was suggested here a few days
ago, only I used different seasoning.

I cut the cauliflower into florets, sprinkled on some kosher salt, black
pepper, garlic powder, hot paprika (just a little) olive oil and grated
romano cheese. I sprinkled everything on, then tossed with my hands to
make sure it was all coated, and put it all on my largest flat baking pan.

I baked it in my convection oven at 400 degrees for a half an hour.

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!

I have never eaten so much cauliflower in one sitting in my life. It was
as delicious as french fries, but a heckofalot less fattening, and very kind
to my bg's. Hubby loved it too.

Of course, it wasn't the only thing we had for dinner, but it was the star
of the meal!

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> Here's the funny part; I bought a cauliflower that was humungous. It was
> so big I thought there was no way we could eat all that, so I sent half of
> it next door to my neighbor. The rest of it I roasted last night.
>
> Would you believe it is all gone now? That is because it tasted so great,
> and we both ate a lot more than usual, and I think it also shrinks when
> roasted somewhat. I actually could have used that huge head of
> cauliflower.

I started subscribing to a once-a-week delivery service of organic
veggies this fall. They stick to as close to local as they can until
the snow flies and then it's all from out of state, and some from out of
country.

Anyway, the local organic farmers have been growing a lot of cauliflower
this year, apparently, because I've had a string of weeks with a head of
cauliflower in my weekly box. This is the first time I've had what I
would term "too much cauliflower." I never thought it could happen, but
it has. I've even been heard to say, "Oh, no, not another cauliflower!"

Hell has, apparently frozen over. I love the stuff, but even that has
its limits. ;-)

PP, T2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i wish we had such a service, Lee ss

--
Have a great day
"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>
>> Here's the funny part; I bought a cauliflower that was humungous. It
>> was
>> so big I thought there was no way we could eat all that, so I sent half
>> of
>> it next door to my neighbor. The rest of it I roasted last night.
>>
>> Would you believe it is all gone now? That is because it tasted so
>> great,
>> and we both ate a lot more than usual, and I think it also shrinks when
>> roasted somewhat. I actually could have used that huge head of
>> cauliflower.

> I started subscribing to a once-a-week delivery service of organic
> veggies this fall. They stick to as close to local as they can until
> the snow flies and then it's all from out of state, and some from out of
> country.
>
> Anyway, the local organic farmers have been growing a lot of cauliflower
> this year, apparently, because I've had a string of weeks with a head of
> cauliflower in my weekly box. This is the first time I've had what I
> would term "too much cauliflower." I never thought it could happen, but
> it has. I've even been heard to say, "Oh, no, not another cauliflower!"
>
> Hell has, apparently frozen over. I love the stuff, but even that has
> its limits. ;-)
>
> PP, T2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Stormmmee" > wrote:

> i wish we had such a service, Lee

Where are you, geographically?

PP in Boston
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>
>> Here's the funny part; I bought a cauliflower that was humungous. It
>> was
>> so big I thought there was no way we could eat all that, so I sent half
>> of
>> it next door to my neighbor. The rest of it I roasted last night.
>>
>> Would you believe it is all gone now? That is because it tasted so
>> great,
>> and we both ate a lot more than usual, and I think it also shrinks when
>> roasted somewhat. I actually could have used that huge head of
>> cauliflower.

> I started subscribing to a once-a-week delivery service of organic
> veggies this fall. They stick to as close to local as they can until
> the snow flies and then it's all from out of state, and some from out of
> country.
>
> Anyway, the local organic farmers have been growing a lot of cauliflower
> this year, apparently, because I've had a string of weeks with a head of
> cauliflower in my weekly box. This is the first time I've had what I
> would term "too much cauliflower." I never thought it could happen, but
> it has. I've even been heard to say, "Oh, no, not another cauliflower!"
>
> Hell has, apparently frozen over. I love the stuff, but even that has
> its limits. ;-)
>
> PP, T2

I could eat it roasted that way every day and not get tired of it!

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>
>> Here's the funny part; I bought a cauliflower that was humungous. It
>> was
>> so big I thought there was no way we could eat all that, so I sent half
>> of
>> it next door to my neighbor. The rest of it I roasted last night.
>>
>> Would you believe it is all gone now? That is because it tasted so
>> great,
>> and we both ate a lot more than usual, and I think it also shrinks when
>> roasted somewhat. I actually could have used that huge head of
>> cauliflower.

> I started subscribing to a once-a-week delivery service of organic
> veggies this fall. They stick to as close to local as they can until
> the snow flies and then it's all from out of state, and some from out of
> country.
>
> Anyway, the local organic farmers have been growing a lot of cauliflower
> this year, apparently, because I've had a string of weeks with a head of
> cauliflower in my weekly box. This is the first time I've had what I
> would term "too much cauliflower." I never thought it could happen, but
> it has. I've even been heard to say, "Oh, no, not another cauliflower!"
>
> Hell has, apparently frozen over. I love the stuff, but even that has
> its limits. ;-)

That happened to me with cabbage. Alas it wasn't good cabbage. Very
bitter. I could take a bit in a soup but it didn't make good coleslaw at
all. Got to where I would just toss the cabbage. I no longer get the
boxes. There is no way the two of us can eat all that. Especially the
fruit. Neither of us is a fruit lover, although Angela does eat apples
pretty much every day and oddly she will eat grapes at my parent's house,
but rarely ever at home.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

central IL just south of springfield IL, middle of corn feilds... literally,
Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Stormmmee" > wrote:
>
>> i wish we had such a service, Lee

> Where are you, geographically?
>
> PP in Boston

Roasted cauliflower [email protected] General Cooking 7 15-10-2010 04:27 AM
Roasted Cauliflower Betsy General Cooking 53 08-10-2010 08:22 PM
REC: Roasted Cauliflower Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 6 05-10-2007 11:31 AM
roasted cauliflower Molly Diabetic 3 06-06-2006 03:08 AM
REC: Roasted Cauliflower Pete Romfh Diabetic 4 25-05-2006 05:19 AM