Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Healthy dinner?

Jun stuffed five 'shrooms with fresh shrimp and her secret mayo based sauce
and steamed them. Extra shrimp and sauce were steamed and served on a bed
of spinach. I dropped some habanero sauce on each spoonful. Had one fresh
strawberry for dessert. All I can say is, "Wow!" BG before 86. One hour PP
82. Uh oh! Ate eight grapes. 1/2 hour later 89.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Jun stuffed five 'shrooms with fresh shrimp and her secret mayo based
> sauce and steamed them. Extra shrimp and sauce were steamed and
> served on a bed of spinach. I dropped some habanero sauce on each
> spoonful. Had one fresh strawberry for dessert. All I can say is,
> "Wow!" BG before 86. One hour PP
> 82. Uh oh! Ate eight grapes. 1/2 hour later 89.

Wow, that sounds delicious and so simple! Ok, so her sauce is secret but
what flavour is it?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
| Jun stuffed five 'shrooms with fresh shrimp and her secret mayo based sauce
| and steamed them. Extra shrimp and sauce were steamed and served on a bed
| of spinach. I dropped some habanero sauce on each spoonful. Had one fresh
| strawberry for dessert. All I can say is, "Wow!" BG before 86. One hour PP
| 82. Uh oh! Ate eight grapes. 1/2 hour later 89.
|
| --
| Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
| families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
| Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
| Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Interesting that the BG dropped so much after a full meal. I guess
you are not sensitive to mushrooms or a strawberry, but has this
happened before? And in your experience is it a potential problem,
as I would guess by the grapes? Just asking, this is beyond my
experience level. Hope you are ok now.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Jun stuffed five 'shrooms with fresh shrimp and her secret mayo based
> > sauce and steamed them. Extra shrimp and sauce were steamed and
> > served on a bed of spinach. I dropped some habanero sauce on each
> > spoonful. Had one fresh strawberry for dessert. All I can say is,
> > "Wow!" BG before 86. One hour PP
> > 82. Uh oh! Ate eight grapes. 1/2 hour later 89.

> Wow, that sounds delicious and so simple! Ok, so her sauce is secret but
> what flavour is it?

Thanks, Ozgirl. It sure was good. Flavo(u)r sure went well with mushrooms
and shrimp. That's all I know. ;-0

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> | Jun stuffed five 'shrooms with fresh shrimp and her secret mayo based
> | sauce and steamed them. Extra shrimp and sauce were steamed and served
> | on a bed of spinach. I dropped some habanero sauce on each spoonful.
> | Had one fresh strawberry for dessert. All I can say is, "Wow!" BG
> | before 86. One hour PP 82. Uh oh! Ate eight grapes. 1/2 hour later 89.

> Interesting that the BG dropped so much after a full meal. I guess
> you are not sensitive to mushrooms or a strawberry, but has this
> happened before? And in your experience is it a potential problem,
> as I would guess by the grapes? Just asking, this is beyond my
> experience level. Hope you are ok now.

Hi Pavane. I must have used more carbs eating it than it contained !?
Sometimes my BG has been lower after this kind of meal than before, but not
usually and certainly not if I have potatoes, rice or bread (even Dark Rye)
with it. When it dips like that, I'll just have a little fruit or
starchies. Never been a serious problem. I noticed no difference. Thanks.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 11 Jun 2009 05:15:44 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Hi Pavane. I must have used more carbs eating it than it contained !?

I would bet that the meal turned off the constant trickle of glucose
produced by your liver, and didn't supply quite enough carbs to
compensate.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"pavane" > wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> | Jun stuffed five 'shrooms with fresh shrimp and her secret mayo based sauce
> | and steamed them. Extra shrimp and sauce were steamed and served on a bed
> | of spinach. I dropped some habanero sauce on each spoonful. Had one fresh
> | strawberry for dessert. All I can say is, "Wow!" BG before 86. One hour PP
> | 82. Uh oh! Ate eight grapes. 1/2 hour later 89.
> |
> | --
> | Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> | families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> | Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> | Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
>
> Interesting that the BG dropped so much after a full meal. I guess
> you are not sensitive to mushrooms or a strawberry, but has this
> happened before? And in your experience is it a potential problem,
> as I would guess by the grapes? Just asking, this is beyond my
> experience level. Hope you are ok now.

Those numbers are probably well within the limits of acceptable
variance. IOW, they may all be the same in reality.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> >Hi Pavane. I must have used more carbs eating it than it contained !?

> I would bet that the meal turned off the constant trickle of glucose
> produced by your liver, and didn't supply quite enough carbs to
> compensate.

Could be, Nicky. I don't know. It was gooood!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
> "pavane" > wrote:
> >"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >| Jun stuffed five 'shrooms with fresh shrimp and her secret mayo based
> >| sauce and steamed them. Extra shrimp and sauce were steamed and served
> >| on a bed of spinach. I dropped some habanero sauce on each spoonful.
> >| Had one fresh strawberry for dessert. All I can say is, "Wow!" BG
> >| before 86. One hour PP 82. Uh oh! Ate eight grapes. 1/2 hour later 89.

> >Interesting that the BG dropped so much after a full meal. I guess
> >you are not sensitive to mushrooms or a strawberry, but has this
> >happened before? And in your experience is it a potential problem,
> >as I would guess by the grapes? Just asking, this is beyond my
> >experience level. Hope you are ok now.

> Why would he not be OK? Great numbers; I'm envious.

Thanks for noticing, mate! I've been seriously Jonesing pasta for a couple
of weeks. I may even end up taking the family to a ristorante to celebrate
my seven year old granddaughter's first piano recital. Like a good
Sicilian, I'll drink a lot of dry, red wine with it. Thanks for the idea!
;-DD

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061