Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cuisinart CCJ-100 Citrus Pro Juicer

List Price:$55.00
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00009K3T2
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00009K3T2

I sure wish I read the reviews before buying and using this product... This is one of the worst name-brand consumer products I have ever purchased. Not dangerous, but it is clear that Cuisinart put it on the market because it looks good; no one ever actually tested it in use! It rotates in place frequently as it is used, spinning juice all over the kitchen and counter. Even if the designer had somehow overcome the gripping problem with suction cup feet, the strainer AND the spout easily and quickly clog which means you have the rinse 2 or 3 parts every other orange. Disaster.
This machine works GREAT if you put a non-slip material underneath it. It won't jerk or spill anything. Try it and you won't regret it.
Having had good luck with a Cuisinart coffee maker and food processor I had held their products in high regard. Based on this prior experience, I subsequently purchases a Cuisinart coffee grinder and citrus juicer. They both just plain stopped working shortly after I began using them, probably because of a poor quality motor. Like some women I have known, they are attractive but without substance and should be avoided.
The first juicing season we had this it worked well, aside from the short spout and juice all over the counter quirks. We got used to those idiosycrasies and worked around them, mostly because the auto-reverse speed spin feature was a unique feature that worked well and produced more juice than we thought possible. Then, for the second juicing season (and now the third), the auto-reverse spin feature inexplicably has FAILED. Never been compelled to offer up a review before, but had to chip in my opinion on this P-O-S (and it looks like I'm not alone!). It's just not worth the trouble...
PROS: Matched the brushed steel motif of the kitchen.CONS: Short spout, unstable, small pulp basket, weak construction ...DETAILo yourself a favor now and check out Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer instead. I replaced the Cuisinart with the B&D after returning it in roughly a week. It was hands down the worst juicer I have ever used.This appliance has too many flaws to detail. But there are some huge deal breakers.First, the appliance is unstable. I spent more time chasing the damn thing around the counter than actually juicing fruit.When I could get it steady and manage to press an orange half down, the pulp would fill the basket up extremely fast. Ironically, this is on the setting allowing the most pulp through.The decision to have a spout vs. a pitcher may seem like a good clean idea, but the design makes it so that more juice ends up on the counter than in the glass.The construction of this device is such that I felt like I would break it at any moment if I pressed too hard. Unfortunately, if I didn't apply a good deal of pressure, the juice would never be extracted!You don't need yet another poor review to tell you what so many others have said.This "juicer" did not juice much more than $20 from my wallet.
The elegant CUISINART CCJ-100 Citrus Juicer makes squeezing fresh juice quick, clean, and easy. An auto-reversing reamer squeezes more juice from the smallest lime or the largest grapefruit, and a unique Fast-Spin feature extracts more juice from the pulp. Dishwasher-safe parts for easy cleanups. Convenient cord storage Limited 3-year warranty
This powerful citrus juicer delivers an unlimited amount of juice directly into a container through an antidrip spout. If you need to interrupt the juice flow, the spout snaps into a locked position. Easy to clean, the juicer is made of hard, gleaming plastic and comes with a clear plastic dust cover to protect the juicing cone. Its black and brushed stainless steel design and sleek shape add a modern spin to any countertop. --Fred Brack

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Cuisinart BFP-703CH SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor, Chrome:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004WKI7
Cuisinart CSB-77 Smart Stick Hand Blender with Whisk and Chopper Attachments:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0006G3JRO
Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact 1.1-Liter Deep Fryer, Brushed Stainless Steel:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000EU68MU