PhotoMan

Default Cuisinart

Any opinions on this machine?

http://cuisinart.com/cgi-bin/index.c...em_id=DCC-1200

TIA
Joe Arnold

Pennyaline

"PhotoMan" wrote:
> Any opinions on this machine?
>
> http://cuisinart.com/cgi-bin/index.c...em_id=DCC-1200

Yes. My brother has had one of these for a couple of years now, and I'm
quite familiar with it.

Bottom line, it's a coffee maker. It looks like a mid-twentieth century
radio, which spawned many many jokes about its appearance but doesn't
qualify it as anything significantly new and different in coffee making. Its
center-mounted toggle switch is a goofy reminder of a pre-solid state age,
but still, its just a coffee maker. The toggle switch is tiny, too -- digs
into the thumb.

The brew cycle end signal and decalcify-me-now warning light are charming
examples of planned obsolescence, because it's simply not hard to tell when
an automatic drip coffee maker is finished brewing or needs cleaning (the
needs cleaning light flashes constantly on his machine, BTW, no matter how
often or how aggressively they clean it).

It makes coffee. There's nothing magical or even exceptional about the
coffee it makes. It leaks, sometimes a little and sometimes a lot.

In two years, it's been sent for repair or replacement twice (for leaking,
for a broken toggle switch, and for a shorted element). So actually, in two
years he's owned two of these machines.

All in all, its manufacturer and retailers should be ashamed of this
machine's >$100.00 price. Buy the Braun or the Mr. Coffee or even the
Proctor Silex on the shelf next to it and save yourself money, time and
annoyance.

Gabe

Default Cuisinart Coffeemaker

I have it and I love it. Flavor is great and has great features. It's
programmable where you can set how soon it should automatically turn off, it
has different heat levels. It beeps when the brewing is complete. If you are
in a rush and the coffee hasn't finished brewing, you can remove the pot,
(It will stop brewing) take your coffee, put it back on the plate and it
will continue to brew. The only negative comment I can say about it, is that
the water reservoir is very narrow and located on the right side. The narrow
reservoir makes it a little more difficult to put in the water and having it
on the right side makes it even more difficult for lefties. It's now around
100.00 I paid about 150.00 for it. If you need to purchase other kitchen
items buy them at Amazon.com. You can get 29.00 off if you spend 129.00 in
the kitchen and houseware department when you use promotion code
LEAPREBATE29. It's good until Feb 29th.