Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Waring MBB518 Professional Quality Food & Beverage Blender, Stainless Steel

List Price:$190.00
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00004S8F8
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004S8F8

My wife and I received a Waring Blender (60th Anniversary edition) from our wedding registry at Williams Sonoma. During the second time we ever used it, the blade shaft snapped in two while trying to crush ice. We immediately returned it to Williams Sonoma, and the store manager told us that they get 4-5 Waring blenders returned every week!! This obviously is not the same company anymore, so please pay attention to the other negative reviews, which seem to be indicative of our experience.P.S. - We traded ours in for a Kitchen Aid, which works 100 times better than the Waring.
I make a killer margarita! Unfortunately, they have a tendency to kill blenders too. I've had seven blenders over the past 25 years. My first was a fantastic second-hand 1970's era Waring that lasted through eight years of ice crushing labor (and who knows what it went through before I got it). The motor finally burned out, partly due to my failure to replace a leaky pitcher. Nothing else even came close to lasting as long, including two top of the line Kitchen Aid blenders. So I finally spent the big bucks on a New Waring Pro. I thought I was so smart. Then after three years (of admittedly heavy use), it just stopped. I disassembled it and discovered that the motor was wired with very thin wires, and one wire diving into the motor coil had simply broken--no way to fix it. My question is: why does Waring try to save pennies by using fine gauge wire for a supposedly professional grade model? Bad design. Save your money, and buy three cheap models instead of this expensive one.
This blender replaced a KitchenAid model, and there's really no comparison between the two. The Waring is superior at blending, pouring and clean-up. I've mostly used it for smoothies, using frozen fruit, protein powder and milk. It whips everything into a finely blended froth in no time. The blades are very efficient and create a whirlpool effect to ensure everything is blended thoroughly. Clean-up is a breeze - just rinse out, add a drop of soap and some water, blend for a few seconds, rinse out the soap, and then blend once more with clean water to ensure everything is rinsed. I don't see any issues with only having two speeds. It's great to work with such a high-quality product.
We purchased this blender to make fruit smoothies primarily and it hasn't disappointed. It isn't too loud (but it is loud) and the simple toggle switch is a welcome change from blenders with so many speed selections. The only downside is the pitcher does not seem to be dishwasher safe. I'm happy with this purchase and would buy it again.
This is an expensive blender, and that's fine. But I was a fool for buying it. The seal between the base of the jar and the blade assembly leaks like nothing I've ever seen, and has since its second(!) use. On the third use, the blade assembly broke apart like it was made of graham crackers. According to Waring, neither the broken blades not the leaking assembly are covered by the warranty, despite the blender being less than thirty days old.I don't put blenders through a lot -- all I ever did with my Waring Pro was make hummus. Since the broken blade ruined batch #3, I figure my hummus has cost me about $70 a pint. So I'm never getting another Waring, and I can't in good conscience recommend the brand. Heed the reviews. Don't waste your money.
The Waring MBB518 Professional Blender is more likely seen at a busy downtown bar than at your friend's house. The MBB518 is for heavy-duty and quick use when you really need to crush ice, mix serious alcoholic and fountain-style drinks. 3' Power Cord with 3-prong 120VAC plug Non-Slip Rubber Feet Instruction Manual Included Made in the USA Waring provides a 1-Year limited warranty on the MBB518 and a 5-Year limited warranty on the motor 3.0 Amps 120 Volts 60 Hertz
Bandleader and inventor Fred Waring introduced the first blender in 1936; more than 60 years later the Waring blender remains the standard for the field. Tall and old-fashioned looking with a plated metallic finish on its base, this blender will crush ice and blend frozen fruit beautifully in a few seconds. This blender feels sturdy: the lid, with a cap that doubles as a 1-ounce measurer, fits securely, and the pitcher, made of thick, ridged glass, won't wobble. Many chefs prefer a blender rather than a food processor for soups and creamy sauces--the blades of a good blender whirl more quickly than those of a food processor and will refine a thin liquid such as cream of tomato soup to an incomparably silky texture. This blender is definitely up to that task. The fixed, self-cleaning stainless-steel blades on the base of the pitcher mean the lid is the only separate part to wash. --Maria Dolan

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Waring Pro CAC34 Replacement Jar & Blade Assembly for PBB & MBB Series:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000DDVUN
Haier TST850DS Die-Cast Stainless-Steel 2-Slice Toaster:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000G3GZ2I
Cuisinart DFP-14BCN 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000645TW
Oxo Good Grips 9-Inch Locking Tongs with Nylon Heads:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000CDVD8
Oxo Good Grips Salad Spinner:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004OCKR

ACCESSORIES:

WMF 7-Piece Stainless-Steel Bar Set:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004S4UX
Waring PCJ201 Citrus Juicer, Quite White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004S8FI
Waring Pro WM007 Professional Electric Martini Maker:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000VWAK6Q
Waring Pro JEX328PK 400-Watt Juice Extractor, Pink:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000OYGZEC
Waring IC70 Brushed Stainless Steel Professional Ice Crusher 12-c.:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000AMZMVU

Preference for Carbon Steel over Stainless Steel T Blake General Cooking 36 30-05-2014 08:43 PM
In the market of stainless steel immersion blender Manda Ruby General Cooking 63 06-06-2010 09:13 PM
waring numark blender ilaboo General Cooking 0 03-03-2008 03:05 PM
Stainless Steel DGD Barbecue 4 10-04-2007 02:30 AM
Waring Blender Parts? Nartker Cooking Equipment 2 04-08-2005 06:12 PM