Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default What I ate for dinner tonight

John wrote:
> On Mar 30, 8:57 pm, wrote:

>>> Not sure...I promise I'll get the recipe from my wife and either post it in
>>> the food group and/or email it to you.
>>> John C.

>> Posting it in food is fine, if you should choose to e-mail use
>>
>> lkdatverizondotnet
>>
>> Thank you for making the effort.
>>
>> Laura- Hide quoted text -

> I'll post it here Laura (hey, it's my thread and it's more on topic
> than government plots and religious rantings )
>
> My wife says to:
>
> Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
> On a cookie sheet, spread out desired amount of (preferrably) fresh
> broccoli florets and grape or cherry tomatoes (she prefers grape) or
> onion, bell pepper and the like. Add salt and fresh-ground black
> pepper then drizzle everything with a generous amount of extra virgin
> olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
>
> She also sometimes uses balsamic vinegar with the olive oil to give it
> a bit more zing.
>
> John C.

x-posted to alt.food.diabetic

Here's a fave of mine.

Take a head of cauliflower and break into florets. Drizzle with olive
oil. Grate black pepper over.

Roast for 1 hour at 400F. It's now ready to season and eat, but try this:

Place cauli in food processor fitted with metal blade. Add fresh herbs,
spices, curry powder, cheeses, whatever floats your boat. Blend until as
smooth or chunky as you like. For a rich mouth feel, add 4 oz. softened
cream cheese if you want. Thin with olive oil and acid (lemon/vinegar)
in a roughly 3:1 ratio. Garnish generously and scoop away with your
favourite dip transport platform.

Don't be shy about roasting for an hour, though less time is OK. You can
add spices before or after roasting and the same veg spiced before &
after will have a completely different flavour as the spices will roast
along with the veg. A good coating of oil will keep spices from burning.

Keep in mind roasting veg removes water thereby concentrating sugars
(which is the whole point). Practice portion control for starchier
roasted veggies and test as with any new food or prep method. Watch out
for tomatoes. The smaller the sweeter.

Vicki
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Apr 3, 9:00 am, percy > wrote:
> John wrote:
> > On Mar 30, 8:57 pm, wrote:
> >> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:47:42 GMT, "John"

> >> Posting it in food is fine, if you should choose to e-mail use

> >> lkdatverizondotnet

> >> Thank you for making the effort.

> >> Laura- Hide quoted text -

> > I'll post it here Laura (hey, it's my thread and it's more on topic
> > than government plots and religious rantings )

> > My wife says to:

> > Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
> > On a cookie sheet, spread out desired amount of (preferrably) fresh
> > broccoli florets and grape or cherry tomatoes (she prefers grape) or
> > onion, bell pepper and the like. Add salt and fresh-ground black
> > pepper then drizzle everything with a generous amount of extra virgin
> > olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.

> > She also sometimes uses balsamic vinegar with the olive oil to give it
> > a bit more zing.

> > John C.

> x-posted to alt.food.diabetic
>
> Here's a fave of mine.
>
> Take a head of cauliflower and break into florets. Drizzle with olive
> oil. Grate black pepper over.
>
> Roast for 1 hour at 400F. It's now ready to season and eat, but try this:
>
> Place cauli in food processor fitted with metal blade. Add fresh herbs,
> spices, curry powder, cheeses, whatever floats your boat. Blend until as
> smooth or chunky as you like. For a rich mouth feel, add 4 oz. softened
> cream cheese if you want. Thin with olive oil and acid (lemon/vinegar)
> in a roughly 3:1 ratio. Garnish generously and scoop away with your
> favourite dip transport platform.
>
> Don't be shy about roasting for an hour, though less time is OK. You can
> add spices before or after roasting and the same veg spiced before &
> after will have a completely different flavour as the spices will roast
> along with the veg. A good coating of oil will keep spices from burning.
>
> Keep in mind roasting veg removes water thereby concentrating sugars
> (which is the whole point). Practice portion control for starchier
> roasted veggies and test as with any new food or prep method. Watch out
> for tomatoes. The smaller the sweeter.
>
> Vicki

OMG!
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

kathy wrote:

>> Keep in mind roasting veg removes water thereby concentrating sugars
>> (which is the whole point). Practice portion control for starchier
>> roasted veggies and test as with any new food or prep method. Watch out
>> for tomatoes. The smaller the sweeter.
>>
>> Vicki

> OMG!

Why OMG?

Here's another!

Take sweet peppers of all colours and cut into finger-width strips,
season and coat with olive oil. Roast at 400 for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove
and place in bowl. Melt in a couple ounces cream cheese. Garnish with a
grating of Parmesano Reggiano or any other dry strong cheese.
An excellent dish, creamy and very diabetic friendly. I put in at least
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, I adore the warmth and flavour it
imparts. Roast some extra peppers and refrigerate for use in the next
morning's omelet.

Vicki
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Apr 3, 3:24 pm, percy > wrote:
> kathy wrote:
>
> >> Keep in mind roasting veg removes water thereby concentrating sugars
> >> (which is the whole point). Practice portion control for starchier
> >> roasted veggies and test as with any new food or prep method. Watch out
> >> for tomatoes. The smaller the sweeter.

> >> Vicki

> > OMG!

> Why OMG?
>
> Here's another!
>
> Take sweet peppers of all colours and cut into finger-width strips,
> season and coat with olive oil. Roast at 400 for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove
> and place in bowl. Melt in a couple ounces cream cheese. Garnish with a
> grating of Parmesano Reggiano or any other dry strong cheese.
> An excellent dish, creamy and very diabetic friendly. I put in at least
> 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, I adore the warmth and flavour it
> imparts. Roast some extra peppers and refrigerate for use in the next
> morning's omelet.
>
> Vicki

MORE MORE MORE!!!
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

kathy wrote:

>>> OMG!

>> Why OMG?
>>
>> Here's another!
>>
>> Take sweet peppers of all colours and cut into finger-width strips,
>> season and coat with olive oil. Roast at 400 for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove
>> and place in bowl. Melt in a couple ounces cream cheese. Garnish with a
>> grating of Parmesano Reggiano or any other dry strong cheese.
>> An excellent dish, creamy and very diabetic friendly. I put in at least
>> 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, I adore the warmth and flavour it
>> imparts. Roast some extra peppers and refrigerate for use in the next
>> morning's omelet.
>>
>> Vicki

> MORE MORE MORE!!!

Heheh.

How to roast a whole head of garlic. Do lots and store in fridge, it'll
keep for a while.

Cut the tops of whole heads of garlic and place on sheets of foil.
Drizzle olive oil over the top and wrap tightly. Roast at 400 for 45
minutes. Cool enough to handle. Squeeze out the soft garlic cloves just
like squeezing toothpaste out of a tube, refrigerating any unused. Put a
whole head in the roasted cauli dip and you'll think you've died and
gone to heaven!

Vicki

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:00:04 -0400, percy >
wrote:

>John wrote:
>> On Mar 30, 8:57 pm, wrote:
>>> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:47:42 GMT, "John"

>>> Posting it in food is fine, if you should choose to e-mail use
>>>
>>> lkdatverizondotnet
>>>
>>> Thank you for making the effort.
>>>
>>> Laura- Hide quoted text -

>> I'll post it here Laura (hey, it's my thread and it's more on topic
>> than government plots and religious rantings )
>>
>> My wife says to:
>>
>> Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
>> On a cookie sheet, spread out desired amount of (preferrably) fresh
>> broccoli florets and grape or cherry tomatoes (she prefers grape) or
>> onion, bell pepper and the like. Add salt and fresh-ground black
>> pepper then drizzle everything with a generous amount of extra virgin
>> olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
>>
>> She also sometimes uses balsamic vinegar with the olive oil to give it
>> a bit more zing.
>>
>> John C.

>x-posted to alt.food.diabetic
>
>Here's a fave of mine.
>
>Take a head of cauliflower and break into florets. Drizzle with olive
>oil. Grate black pepper over.
>
>Roast for 1 hour at 400F. It's now ready to season and eat, but try this:
>
>Place cauli in food processor fitted with metal blade. Add fresh herbs,
>spices, curry powder, cheeses, whatever floats your boat. Blend until as
>smooth or chunky as you like. For a rich mouth feel, add 4 oz. softened
>cream cheese if you want. Thin with olive oil and acid (lemon/vinegar)
>in a roughly 3:1 ratio. Garnish generously and scoop away with your
>favourite dip transport platform.
>
>Don't be shy about roasting for an hour, though less time is OK. You can
>add spices before or after roasting and the same veg spiced before &
>after will have a completely different flavour as the spices will roast
>along with the veg. A good coating of oil will keep spices from burning.
>
>Keep in mind roasting veg removes water thereby concentrating sugars
>(which is the whole point). Practice portion control for starchier
>roasted veggies and test as with any new food or prep method. Watch out
>for tomatoes. The smaller the sweeter.
>
>Vicki

This sounds great. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Laura
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:24:44 -0400, percy >
wrote:

>kathy wrote:
>

>>> Keep in mind roasting veg removes water thereby concentrating sugars
>>> (which is the whole point). Practice portion control for starchier
>>> roasted veggies and test as with any new food or prep method. Watch out
>>> for tomatoes. The smaller the sweeter.
>>>
>>> Vicki

>> OMG!

>Why OMG?
>
>Here's another!
>
>Take sweet peppers of all colours and cut into finger-width strips,
>season and coat with olive oil. Roast at 400 for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove
>and place in bowl. Melt in a couple ounces cream cheese. Garnish with a
>grating of Parmesano Reggiano or any other dry strong cheese.
>An excellent dish, creamy and very diabetic friendly. I put in at least
>1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, I adore the warmth and flavour it
>imparts. Roast some extra peppers and refrigerate for use in the next
>morning's omelet.
>

>Vicki

Oooo....that sounds yummy, too!
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:44:36 -0400, percy >
wrote:

>kathy wrote:

>>> Why OMG?
>>>
>>> Here's another!
>>>
>>> Take sweet peppers of all colours and cut into finger-width strips,
>>> season and coat with olive oil. Roast at 400 for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove
>>> and place in bowl. Melt in a couple ounces cream cheese. Garnish with a
>>> grating of Parmesano Reggiano or any other dry strong cheese.
>>> An excellent dish, creamy and very diabetic friendly. I put in at least
>>> 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, I adore the warmth and flavour it
>>> imparts. Roast some extra peppers and refrigerate for use in the next
>>> morning's omelet.
>>>
>>> Vicki

>> MORE MORE MORE!!!

>Heheh.
>
>How to roast a whole head of garlic. Do lots and store in fridge, it'll
>keep for a while.
>
>Cut the tops of whole heads of garlic and place on sheets of foil.
>Drizzle olive oil over the top and wrap tightly. Roast at 400 for 45
>minutes. Cool enough to handle. Squeeze out the soft garlic cloves just
>like squeezing toothpaste out of a tube, refrigerating any unused. Put a
>whole head in the roasted cauli dip and you'll think you've died and
>gone to heaven!
>
>Vicki

Thank you again. Hubby loves garlic -- but I don't think he's ever
experienced roasted garlic -- I know I haven't. I'll have to give it
a go.

Laura