Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Please help - Re Diet - Diabetic

Please help - Re Diet - Diabetic

I apologize in advance if this sounds in appropriate.

I am looking for a 2 or 3 page doc that lists all the good foods for
type 2 diabetic patients.

Most articles talk in terms of high fiber, low fat etc diets. But what
are high fiber foods ? etc.and they hardly list a few specific foods.

If they would list the food specifically - like say a fruit: apple or
a nut : walnut, it would be so much easier than for ignorant people
like me to have to find out what is a high carb food or a high fiber
food etc., what is high in the bad fats etc.

Can anyone pls send me a link to a page that lists such foods in a
simple manner specifically listing such foods. I am sure that it is
out there but I have not see it.

I have been compiling a list of foods...but I am never certain how
accurate I am nor is my list long enough to give me a variety to
consume.

I do not know if others have the same issue. I apologize if I sound
like I am not with it.

Thanks,

Ayesha Hill

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

said...

> Please help - Re Diet - Diabetic
>
> I apologize in advance if this sounds in appropriate.
>
> I am looking for a 2 or 3 page doc that lists all the good foods for
> type 2 diabetic patients.
>
> Most articles talk in terms of high fiber, low fat etc diets. But what
> are high fiber foods ? etc.and they hardly list a few specific foods.
>
> If they would list the food specifically - like say a fruit: apple or
> a nut : walnut, it would be so much easier than for ignorant people
> like me to have to find out what is a high carb food or a high fiber
> food etc., what is high in the bad fats etc.
>
> Can anyone pls send me a link to a page that lists such foods in a
> simple manner specifically listing such foods. I am sure that it is
> out there but I have not see it.
>
> I have been compiling a list of foods...but I am never certain how
> accurate I am nor is my list long enough to give me a variety to
> consume.
>
> I do not know if others have the same issue. I apologize if I sound
> like I am not with it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ayesha Hill

TROLL ALERT!
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> wrote in message
> Please help - Re Diet - Diabetic
>
> I apologize in advance if this sounds in appropriate.
>
> I am looking for a 2 or 3 page doc that lists all the good foods for
> type 2 diabetic patients.
>
> Most articles talk in terms of high fiber, low fat etc diets. But what
> are high fiber foods ? etc.and they hardly list a few specific foods.
>
> If they would list the food specifically - like say a fruit: apple or
> a nut : walnut, it would be so much easier than for ignorant people
> like me to have to find out what is a high carb food or a high fiber
> food etc., what is high in the bad fats etc.
>
> Can anyone pls send me a link to a page that lists such foods in a
> simple manner specifically listing such foods. I am sure that it is
> out there but I have not see it.
>
> I have been compiling a list of foods...but I am never certain how
> accurate I am nor is my list long enough to give me a variety to
> consume.
>
> I do not know if others have the same issue. I apologize if I sound
> like I am not with it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ayesha Hill

I don't know of a full list, and the list often varies for each diabetic,
but these should work:

http://www.diabetic-talk.org/freeveggies.htm

To get more information for diabetics, start he

http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> wrote in message
> Please help - Re Diet - Diabetic
>
> I apologize in advance if this sounds in appropriate.
>
> I am looking for a 2 or 3 page doc that lists all the good foods for
> type 2 diabetic patients.

There is no such list.

> Most articles talk in terms of high fiber, low fat etc diets. But what
> are high fiber foods ? etc.and they hardly list a few specific foods.

Learn to read nutrition labels. Fiber is listed. Get yourself a book of
food counts. Most drug stores carry them. Some grocery stores do.

> If they would list the food specifically - like say a fruit: apple or
> a nut : walnut, it would be so much easier than for ignorant people
> like me to have to find out what is a high carb food or a high fiber
> food etc., what is high in the bad fats etc.

You need a book. A small list is not enough.

> Can anyone pls send me a link to a page that lists such foods in a
> simple manner specifically listing such foods. I am sure that it is
> out there but I have not see it.

I don't think it exists. There are so many foods they can't be put on a
small list.

> I have been compiling a list of foods...but I am never certain how
> accurate I am nor is my list long enough to give me a variety to
> consume.

That's why you need the book.

> I do not know if others have the same issue. I apologize if I sound
> like I am not with it.

There is some online database. Perhaps someone can give you a link. I
don't have one. Sorry.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Go to the grocery store and read the nutrition labels on products.

I've learned more from doing this than I ever have reading nutrition
guides.

I wish I would have paid more attention to those labels years ago,
because I probably wouldn't be a diabetic today.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Miss Anne Thrope > wrote:
: Go to the grocery store and read the nutrition labels on products.

: I've learned more from doing this than I ever have reading nutrition
: guides.

: I wish I would have paid more attention to those labels years ago,
: because I probably wouldn't be a diabetic today.

:
Unfortunately, this won't help with fresh produce, so the poster needs a
good calorie, carb, fiber, etc counting book. I like the small Atkins one
which gives toatal carbs, fiber and net carbs for all kind of ffoods.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Miss Anne Thrope" > wrote in message
> Go to the grocery store and read the nutrition labels on products.
>
> I've learned more from doing this than I ever have reading nutrition
> guides.
>
> I wish I would have paid more attention to those labels years ago,
> because I probably wouldn't be a diabetic today.

Probably not true at all.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> Miss Anne Thrope > wrote:
> : Go to the grocery store and read the nutrition labels on products.
>
> : I've learned more from doing this than I ever have reading nutrition
> : guides.
>
> : I wish I would have paid more attention to those labels years ago,
> : because I probably wouldn't be a diabetic today.
>
> :
> Unfortunately, this won't help with fresh produce, so the poster needs a
> good calorie, carb, fiber, etc counting book. I like the small Atkins one
> which gives toatal carbs, fiber and net carbs for all kind of ffoods.
>
> Wendy

Since we watch more than carbohydrates in our house (cholesterol,
vitamin K,etc.) I have downloaded the USDA guide and use it to check
various food items. I find it a great aid in portion control as it's
fairly easy to get the nutrient values by weight.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Vegan Diet May Reduce Diabetic Nerve Pain - Physicians Committee Dr. Jai Maharaj[_2_] Vegan 0 10-08-2014 08:30 PM
Please help - Re Diet - Diabetic Amy[_3_] Diabetic 0 17-03-2008 02:22 PM
how many carbs for good diabetic diet Jennifer Diabetic 8 25-03-2006 03:00 PM
vegan diabetic diet? Nicolaas Vegan 3 25-02-2005 05:27 PM
Dr. Andrew B. Chung is deluded WAS: Moderate-fat Diet Is Kinder To Heart Than Low-fat Diet Last Shot At The Mu_n Historic 0 06-02-2004 03:11 PM