Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default my latest discovery

Others reminded me about crystal light sunrise orange-drink... which i liked
alot but forgot about..lol.. so i bought some and rembered that it takes
alot to get the good orange juice flavor so its a pricy drink.
I discovred if i use less mix and add lemon juice concentrate to the drink
it tastes even more like a real juice drink and of course zero calories and
spike.

My next discovery was i added the drink mix to my protein shake and wow..was
just like a orangcicle from when i was a kid..was very tasty!

So that inspired me to mix it with heavy cream and milk and freez..yum!

Tastes just like a naughty dssert but isnt!

I would imagine it would make a good orange julius substitute as well.

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well you find me a sources of powdered orange peel i will add my own
sweetner to it..since thats pretty much all it is..lol.
And no im not gonna make my own..way to much work.

KROM

"jeremy" > wrote in message
et...
> krom wrote:
>> Others reminded me about crystal light sunrise orange-drink...

> There are five ingredients in that slop that I would try to avoid at all
> costs, even one hundred percent healthy, especially the colorings and
> phenyls.
>
> JJ

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> Well you find me a sources of powdered orange peel i will add my own
> sweetner to it..since thats pretty much all it is..lol.
> And no im not gonna make my own..way to much work.

You can buy dried orange peel. It's expensive though. Can get it at any
grocery store on the spice aisle.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Hmm..never looked..lol...i dont have a prob with crystal light so ill stick
with it..heh.

KROM

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "krom" > wrote in message
>> Well you find me a sources of powdered orange peel i will add my own
>> sweetner to it..since thats pretty much all it is..lol.
>> And no im not gonna make my own..way to much work.

> You can buy dried orange peel. It's expensive though. Can get it at any
> grocery store on the spice aisle.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Me too.

Cheri

krom wrote in message ...
>Hmm..never looked..lol...i dont have a prob with crystal light so ill

stick
>with it..heh.
>
>KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I am noit a anti-artifiial sweetner person and the claims made by those who
are are hardly scientific.

I dont have Phenylketonuria..which is a genetic disorder that makes it
impossible for people with it to metabolize phenylalanine.

Only other item i car about is the maltodextin filler..but that only becuase
i dont want hidden carbs...but it has yet to spike me etc.

KROM

"jeremy" > wrote in message
. net...
> Is it worth the health trade off for a few minutes of your time.
>
> Ingredients:
> Citric Acid Provides Tartness , Potassium Citrate Controls acidity ,
> Aspartame Sweetener , Maltodextrin From Corn , Magnesium Oixide Prevents
> Caking , Natural Flavor , Acesulfame Potassium Sweetner , Orange Juice
> Solids , Artificial Color , Yellow 5 Lake , BHA Preserves Freshness ,
> Phenylketonurics Contains Phenylalanine.
>
> Good luck,
>
> JJ

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote in message ...
>I am noit a anti-artifiial sweetner person and the claims made by

those who
>are are hardly scientific.

Neither am I, and no they aren't.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

jeremy said...

> krom wrote:
>> I am noit a anti-artifiial sweetner person and the claims made by those
>> who are are hardly scientific.
>>
>> I dont have Phenylketonuria..which is a genetic disorder that makes it
>> impossible for people with it to metabolize phenylalanine.
>>
>> Only other item i car about is the maltodextin filler..but that only
>> becuase i dont want hidden carbs...but it has yet to spike me etc.
>>
>> KROM

> The > Acesulfame Potassium Sweetner, Orange Juice Solids, Artificial
> Color,
> Yellow 5 Lake, BHA
> are the dangerous ones to anyone with a condition that reduces liver,
> pancreas and kidney function.
>
> JJ

And BHT.

I'll never forget going into a supermarket in Australia and looking at the
ingredients of processed foods I was familiar with. No additives, no
preservatives. So they eat healthy but they have a shelf life problem at
the markets.

Is it still that way in Oz?

Andy

A discovery Paul M. Cook General Cooking 20 27-02-2014 10:00 AM
discovery and euthanasia Emery Davis[_5_] Wine 4 03-07-2012 12:01 PM
Homebrew/tea discovery Dominic T. Tea 5 14-06-2009 06:12 AM
My Meatloaf Discovery Cam General Cooking 179 28-09-2005 02:04 AM
Wonderful discovery! Kate Connally General Cooking 3 05-04-2005 12:53 PM