Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default todays experiment: walnut chocolate chip cookies

I followed the old nestles toll house recipe but replaces the flour amount
with one cup and one fourth carb quick and half a cup almond flour and half
a cup flax seed meal.
The 2 cups sugar was one fourth real brown sugar and one cup splenda and
half a cup sugar alcohols a blend of xylitol and sorbitol.
I used walnuts and 60 percent cocao chocolate chips

To make them more moist i used a fourth of a cup heavy cream.

The result was delicious..if not a bit too sweet for my taste..i could have
reduces the sugar alot i think because the almond flour adds a sweetness so
does the chocolate chips.

One issue i had was the flax meal made them too crumbly...i think i could
have use one more egg or used powdered milk and omit the flax i just wanted
the flax to be more healthy like..lol.

So this experiment was a great success!... i can eat about one big cookie
and then im very satisfied.

Im gonna try making nut bread next.

Oh and of course i did a ton of testing today and my max bg all day was
110..even after meals and the cookies i snacked on.

Of course what works for me may not for another etc..

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote:

> The result was delicious..if not a bit too sweet for my taste..i could have
> reduces the sugar alot i think because the almond flour adds a sweetness so
> does the chocolate chips.

Tastes just change after a while.

We are leaving tomorrow for the holiday visits, a bit late as we
couldn't leave before Christmas for several reasons. We went to a
buffet for our own Christmas dinner. I decided to be as naughty as I
liked and just correct with my insulin afterwards.

The potato salad was too sweet, only ate a bite. The cole slaw was too
sweet, ate a couple bites before I quit. The pecan pie was
*disgustingly* sweet, it made me gag. I wound up eating a big salad and
lots of ham and turkey and some honeydew for dessert.

It makes me wonder how weird some of my recipes must taste to "normal"
people as obviously my tastes no longer match the norm.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

True..i suppose my cookies would be gross to a non diabetic but were heaven
to me..lol..well if less sweet it would be.

KROM