Philip Edwards

Default New chutney

Hi,

Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and ketchup. My
local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?

Per 100g

Energy 128Kcal

Protein 0.6g

Carbohydrates 50.g

-of which sugars 2.4g

Fat 0.1g

of which saturates 0.0g

Fibre 0.8g

Sodium 0.3g

So..........can I eat it?

Phil

Philip Edwards

Sorry...........made a mistake. it should say 5.0g carbohydrates.

:O(

> Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and ketchup.

My
> local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
> Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?
>

> Per 100g
>
> Energy 128Kcal
>
> Protein 0.6g
>
> Carbohydrates 50.g
>
> -of which sugars 2.4g
>
> Fat 0.1g
>
> of which saturates 0.0g
>
> Fibre 0.8g
>
> Sodium 0.3g
>

> So..........can I eat it?
>
> Phil

Alan

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:38:47 +0000 (UTC), "Philip Edwards"
> wrote:

>Sorry...........made a mistake. it should say 5.0g carbohydrates.
>

>:O(
>

>> Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and ketchup.

>My
>> local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
>> Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?
>>

>> Per 100g
>>
>> Energy 128Kcal
>>
>> Protein 0.6g
>>
>> Carbohydrates 50.g
>>
>> -of which sugars 2.4g
>>
>> Fat 0.1g
>>
>> of which saturates 0.0g
>>
>> Fibre 0.8g
>>
>> Sodium 0.3g
>>

>> So..........can I eat it?
>>
>> Phil

In that case, at 5% carb, it sounds reasonable, particularly as you
should be adding it as a garnish.

I'd try it and test after 1 and 2 hours to see the effect.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Julie Bove

"Philip Edwards" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and ketchup.

My
> local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
> Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?
>

> Per 100g
>
> Energy 128Kcal
>
> Protein 0.6g
>
> Carbohydrates 50.g
>
> -of which sugars 2.4g
>
> Fat 0.1g
>
> of which saturates 0.0g
>
> Fibre 0.8g
>
> Sodium 0.3g
>

> So..........can I eat it?

What kind of diet are you on and how much is 100g? Would that be one
serving? If so, you wouldn't be able to eat it unless you were on a really
high carb diet.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

/

"Philip Edwards" > wrote in message

> Sorry...........made a mistake. it should say 5.0g carbohydrates.

Ah, much better! But again, it depends on what kind of diet you're on and
how many carbs you can safely eat.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove

Tiger Lily

"Julie Bove" <.net> wrote in message .com...

> "Philip Edwards" <.com> wrote in message.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and

ketchup.
> My
> > local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
> > Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?
> >

> > Per 100g
> >
> > Energy 128Kcal
> >
> > Protein 0.6g
> >
> > Carbohydrates 5.0g
> >
> > -of which sugars 2.4g
> >
> > Fat 0.1g
> >
> > of which saturates 0.0g
> >
> > Fibre 0.8g
> >
> > Sodium 0.3g
> >

> > So..........can I eat it?

> What kind of diet are you on and how much is 100g? Would that be one
> serving? If so, you wouldn't be able to eat it unless you were on a

really
> high carb diet.

Julie 100gm is about 4 oz....... so approximately 1/4 lb of chutney.... and
chutney is used as a condiment......

Patricia1966wa

gotta ask, what is chutney!

Patricia
"Philip Edwards" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and ketchup.
> My
> local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
> Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?
>

> Per 100g
>
> Energy 128Kcal
>
> Protein 0.6g
>
> Carbohydrates 50.g
>
> -of which sugars 2.4g
>
> Fat 0.1g
>
> of which saturates 0.0g
>
> Fibre 0.8g
>
> Sodium 0.3g
>

> So..........can I eat it?
>
> Phil

Philip Edwards

You don't know what chutney is !!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixture of fruits and vegetables, usually stewed in vinegar, then
bottled in jars. Relish I suppose .
Chutney is probably an Indian word that came to Britain during the days of
Empire.
Best wishes,
Phil

> gotta ask, what is chutney!
>
> Patricia
> "Philip Edwards" > wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and

ketchup.
> > My
> > local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
> > Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?
> >

> > Per 100g
> >
> > Energy 128Kcal
> >
> > Protein 0.6g
> >
> > Carbohydrates 50.g
> >
> > -of which sugars 2.4g
> >
> > Fat 0.1g
> >
> > of which saturates 0.0g
> >
> > Fibre 0.8g
> >
> > Sodium 0.3g
> >

> > So..........can I eat it?
> >
> > Phil

Julie Bove

"Philip Edwards" > wrote in message
> You don't know what chutney is !!!!!!!!!!
> It's a mixture of fruits and vegetables, usually stewed in vinegar, then
> bottled in jars. Relish I suppose .
> Chutney is probably an Indian word that came to Britain during the days of
> Empire.

I don't think it's something commonly eaten in the US. I only know what it
is because I've seen recipes for it in old cookbooks under the pickling and
canning section. I've never eaten it, nor have I seen any. I also think
Indian food is much more commonly eaten in the UK than it is here. I've
never eaten that either, with the exception of naan.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Patricia1966wa

Um sounds real good. And I looked it up, may be something I would like
"Philip Edwards" > wrote in message
> You don't know what chutney is !!!!!!!!!!
> It's a mixture of fruits and vegetables, usually stewed in vinegar, then
> bottled in jars. Relish I suppose .
> Chutney is probably an Indian word that came to Britain during the days of
> Empire.
> Best wishes,
> Phil
>
>> gotta ask, what is chutney!
>>
>> Patricia
>> "Philip Edwards" > wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Since being diagnosed, I'm really missing stuff like chutney and

> ketchup.
>> > My
>> > local health-food store has discovered a new product. Sauces Choice
>> > Caramelised Onion Chutney. Can anybody help me interpret the label?
>> >

>> > Per 100g
>> >
>> > Energy 128Kcal
>> >
>> > Protein 0.6g
>> >
>> > Carbohydrates 50.g
>> >
>> > -of which sugars 2.4g
>> >
>> > Fat 0.1g
>> >
>> > of which saturates 0.0g
>> >
>> > Fibre 0.8g
>> >
>> > Sodium 0.3g
>> >

>> > So..........can I eat it?
>> >
>> > Phil

Chutney [email protected] General Cooking 4 22-11-2010 12:41 PM
Chutney dido22 Diabetic 3 15-08-2009 05:10 AM
Chutney? Railfanner Preserving 0 09-07-2009 03:36 AM
What makes chutney chutney? Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 31 16-08-2005 03:27 PM
Chutney Nancree General Cooking 0 17-08-2004 08:42 AM