Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default EZ Low-Carb Pizza Snack Stovetop

What isn't easy about this is assembling the list of flours:

Flour list: numbers equal portion ratios
Soy flour 2
Ground Flax - whole flax ground up in coffee mill 1
Buckwheat 1
Vital Wheat Gluten 1
Wheat Germ 1
Spelt 1
Carb Quik 2 (order from Netrition.com)

Spices:
dried oregano
dried basil
garlic powder (not needed if using prepared sauce)
curry powder
salt

Toppings:
grated cheese that will melt (chedder, mozzarella, etc.)
Grated Parmesan
Tomato sauce or prepared pasta sauce (watch the carbs on the prepared stuff)

Liquids:
water
olive oil

Directions:
Make a doughball by adding water to your flour mix. Throw in a pinch or
two of curry powder and salt. Add some olive oil for crispiness.

Place dough ball into non-stick frying pan. Pat and mash the dough ball
into a round pizza crust.

Cook on low heat until the crust separates easily from the pan.

Flip crust.

Apply cheese that melts. Sprinkle on oregano, basil and garlic powder.
Apply sauce and top with Parmesan.

Half cover the pan leaving plenty of air flow to produce a dry crust
cook on low, low heat until done.

Note: I get no spike whatsoever with this. If the crust is well cooked,
there will be no objectionable soy or flax flavors.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Uncle Enrico wrote:

P.S. The desired crust is thin and crispy. It is just thick enough to
hold in your hand, with the toppings aboard, and not break. It's almost
cracker-like.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:35:49 GMT, Uncle Enrico >
wrote:

Sounds great, Uncle. But could you let us have timing guesstimates for
these:

>Cook on low heat until the crust separates easily from the pan.

>Half cover the pan leaving plenty of air flow to produce a dry crust
>cook on low, low heat until done.

Thanks,

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:35:49 GMT, Uncle Enrico >
> wrote:
>
> Sounds great, Uncle. But could you let us have timing guesstimates for
> these:
>
>> Cook on low heat until the crust separates easily from the pan.

>> Half cover the pan leaving plenty of air flow to produce a dry crust
>> cook on low, low heat until done.

> Thanks,
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

I wish I could give you times, but the variables of flame and type of
pan are so great, one is better off judging doneness on the basis of
smell, texture, appearance and ability to separate from the pan.

The crust ingredients have an amazing ability not to burn as long as the
flame is low--low--low.

If you keep the flame low and are not impatient, I think you will not
fail with this pizza snack.

Try breaking little bits off from the edges of the crust and tasting
them. You should not have any trace of the "icky" soy flavor whatsoever.

Seems to me that there is less than 15 minutes for the cooking part, but
that's a guess.

Best wishes...
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 19:08:39 -0600, Uncle Enrico >
wrote:

>Try breaking little bits off from the edges of the crust and tasting
>them. You should not have any trace of the "icky" soy flavor whatsoever.
>
>Seems to me that there is less than 15 minutes for the cooking part, but
>that's a guess.

My kind of cooking - nibbling and cooking at the same time : ) OK,
thanks, Uncle, will give it a go.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:

> My kind of cooking - nibbling and cooking at the same time : ) OK,
> thanks, Uncle, will give it a go.
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Whole Foods should have all the flours, including the whole flax seed.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:39:57 GMT, Uncle Enrico >
wrote:

>Whole Foods should have all the flours, including the whole flax seed.

I have 'em all in my cupboard - but I buy flaxseed from my
greengrocer, and the rest from flourbin.co.uk : )

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

zero-carb-flax-meal-pizza-crust RodS Diabetic 1 20-01-2012 11:48 PM
Low Carb Pizza--BG proof Uncle Enrico Diabetic 2 08-07-2006 03:55 PM
Minimal Carb Pizza Alan Diabetic 1 23-03-2004 05:36 PM
Pizza Makers Consider Low-Carb Dough Jennifer Diabetic 4 04-02-2004 03:11 AM
A Low-Carb Snack I invented Peanutjake Diabetic 20 17-10-2003 03:49 PM