Kristine Ann Thompson

Default Sugar Free Hot Chocolate.

Do any one have a rrecipies for Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Splenda. TIA.

Siobhan Perricone

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 04:54:17 GMT, "Kristine Ann Thompson"
> wrote:

>Do any one have a rrecipies for Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Splenda. TIA.

I don't bother, Swiss Miss makes it. 12 carbs a packet. So I just have
that instead. Sorry I'm not much help, but just in case you didn't know it
could be bought...

--
Siobhan Perricone
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or

You have a choice: www.deanforamerica.com
Feel free to contact me about him, he was my governor and "boss" for 10 years.

"If the percent of minorities in your state has anything to do with how you
can connect with African American voters, then Trent Lott would be Martin
Luther King, Jr." - Howard Dean
Kristine Ann Thompson

"Siobhan Perricone" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 04:54:17 GMT, "Kristine Ann Thompson"
> > wrote:
>
> >Do any one have a rrecipies for Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Splenda.

TIA.

> I don't bother, Swiss Miss makes it. 12 carbs a packet. So I just have
> that instead. Sorry I'm not much help, but just in case you didn't know

it
> could be bought...

Thank for the advice.

--
-- Christine

Damsel in dis Dress

"Kristine Ann Thompson" > wrote in message y.com>...
> Do any one have a rrecipies for Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Splenda. TIA.

Here's one that I recently discovered in alt.support.diet.low-carb
(that newsgroup is a fantastic resource for recipes that won't raise
your blood sugar):

* Jenny the Bean's low-carb hot cocoa:

First of all, this recipe is best with a "Dutched" cocoa. Hershey's
sells
one in many supermarkets in a silvery container. Droste makes a
wonderful
one too. It's lighter and tastes more like cocoa then when you use the
usual Hershey's cocoa. (But you can use the regular Hersheye's baking
cocoa
if it's all you have.)

Boil a cup of water. Measure out 1 teaspoon full of cocoa powder and
put it into a cup. Stir in a tablespoon or two of the hot water into
the
cocoa until it is a nice chocolate syrupy texture. Then fill the cup
almost
to the top with boiling water stirring while you do so. Now add a cap
or
two of a DaVinci sugar free flavored syrup. I use the Kahuli Caffe,
Vanilla, or Amaretto. Experiment to find out how much tastes good to
you.
You can use regular Splenda but it doesn't come out as good as with
the
DaVinci.

Finally lighten the cocoa with whatever you use for coffee. A
tablespoon or
two of cream is best, but sometimes I use half and half if I'm close
hitting my calories for the day. I drink this stuff instead of coffee
now
in the afternoons and sleep a whole lot better.
Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
"Kristine Ann Thompson" > wrote:

> Do any one have a rrecipies for Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Splenda. TIA.

I made some from a recipe I adapted from the one on the Hershey's cocoa
tin the other night.

This serves six:

Put 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/3 cup water, and a dash of salt in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring. Add in 4 cups milk
and heat but do not boil. Add sweetener of choice to taste. Serve.

What I did, since I'm the only one in my house who likes cocoa, is I
made a bunch of the cocoa/water/salt goop, used some for some cocoa, and
put the rest in the fridge to use later.

Priscilla

MSNIJ123

Swiss miss sells it already made.
or you can take unsweetened cocoa powder and mix it with splenda,add some hot
water and there you have it,experiment with the ingredients
Kristine Ann Thompson

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:09:36 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
> wrote:

>> Do any one have a rrecipies for Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Splenda. TIA.

>I made some from a recipe I adapted from the one on the Hershey's cocoa
>tin the other night.

Thank Priscilla.