Damsel in dis Dress

Default Sugar Free Hot Chocolate.

"Kristine Ann Thompson" > wrote in message y.com>...
> Do any one have a rrecipies for Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Splenda. TIA.

Here's one that I recently discovered in alt.support.diet.low-carb
(that newsgroup is a fantastic resource for recipes that won't raise
your blood sugar):

* Jenny the Bean's low-carb hot cocoa:

First of all, this recipe is best with a "Dutched" cocoa. Hershey's
sells
one in many supermarkets in a silvery container. Droste makes a
wonderful
one too. It's lighter and tastes more like cocoa then when you use the
usual Hershey's cocoa. (But you can use the regular Hersheye's baking
cocoa
if it's all you have.)

Boil a cup of water. Measure out 1 teaspoon full of cocoa powder and
put it into a cup. Stir in a tablespoon or two of the hot water into
the
cocoa until it is a nice chocolate syrupy texture. Then fill the cup
almost
to the top with boiling water stirring while you do so. Now add a cap
or
two of a DaVinci sugar free flavored syrup. I use the Kahuli Caffe,
Vanilla, or Amaretto. Experiment to find out how much tastes good to
you.
You can use regular Splenda but it doesn't come out as good as with
the
DaVinci.

Finally lighten the cocoa with whatever you use for coffee. A
tablespoon or
two of cream is best, but sometimes I use half and half if I'm close
hitting my calories for the day. I drink this stuff instead of coffee
now
in the afternoons and sleep a whole lot better.