FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cauliflower: How could it cause such (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/136663-cauliflower-how-could-cause.html)

brigmave 07-10-2007 09:53 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

I am amazed! How could the consumption of cauliflower cause such a
lengthy discussion?
Perhaps Asparagus, Leeks or cabbage could cause such emotions
errupting...but cauliflower?
How about Rhutabagas or Petit Choux's. We consume those also!
What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.
I grow all my own herbs and purchase only those that are grown
elsewhere. I have some lovely baby ginger just about ready to
harvest.
Surely other foods are much more interesting !
Thanks for the spirited discussions on the subject. I didn't know
cauliflower could raise ire!

RodS 07-10-2007 10:05 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

"brigmave" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am amazed! How could the consumption of cauliflower cause such a
lengthy discussion?
Perhaps Asparagus, Leeks or cabbage could cause such emotions
errupting...but cauliflower?
How about Rhutabagas or Petit Choux's. We consume those also!
What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.
I grow all my own herbs and purchase only those that are grown
elsewhere. I have some lovely baby ginger just about ready to
harvest.
Surely other foods are much more interesting !
Thanks for the spirited discussions on the subject. I didn't know
cauliflower could raise ire!

Not by me I can't stand it :-)

RodS

Julie Bove 07-10-2007 10:23 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

"brigmave" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am amazed! How could the consumption of cauliflower cause such a
lengthy discussion?
Perhaps Asparagus, Leeks or cabbage could cause such emotions
errupting...but cauliflower?
How about Rhutabagas or Petit Choux's. We consume those also!
What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.
I grow all my own herbs and purchase only those that are grown
elsewhere. I have some lovely baby ginger just about ready to
harvest.
Surely other foods are much more interesting !
Thanks for the spirited discussions on the subject. I didn't know
cauliflower could raise ire!

It's not the cauliflower, it's the amount of carbs you are eating. There
are few of us here who could eat anywhere near 200g of carbs per day. We'd
be in spike city!

I rarely ever eat fruit either. But then, I never liked fruit.

Julie Bove 07-10-2007 10:24 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

"RodS" wrote in message

Not by me I can't stand it :-)

I can't stand it cooked. Can eat a small amount of it raw, but I rarely do
since it is goitrogenic.

Nicky 07-10-2007 12:22 PM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 01:53:58 -0700, brigmave
wrote:

What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.

Yes, of course you do... many of them fast spikers.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Cheri 07-10-2007 03:30 PM

brigmave wrote in message

Thanks for the spirited discussions on the subject. I didn't know
cauliflower could raise ire!

Of course you do realize that the discussion has nothing to do with
cauliflower? Right?

Cheri

Cheri 07-10-2007 03:32 PM

wrote:

What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.

Yes, of course you do... many of them fast spikers.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

LOL, but if they only eat them twice a day, in large amounts, then it
shouldn't be a problem for them. ;-)

Cheri

brigmave 08-10-2007 12:09 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

On Oct 7, 2:23 am, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"brigmave" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

The carbs we eat are well within the guidelines for the ADA.
Brig

brigmave 08-10-2007 12:12 AM

wrote:

What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.

Yes, of course you do... many of them fast spikers.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

At the risk of repeating myself all people are NOT created equal in
metabolic functions.
We have these fruits growing on our property and we do eat them and
they do us no harm.
Brig

brigmave 08-10-2007 12:15 AM

wrote:

What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.

Yes, of course you do... many of them fast spikers.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

LOL, but if they only eat them twice a day, in large amounts, then it
shouldn't be a problem for them. ;-)

Cheri

I most eat several serving of fruit during the day following the ADA
guidelines.
You may laugh, roll on the floor or whatever! You must accept the
fact that people metabolize foods differently.
How do you feel about those who are lactose sensitive? Are they
laughable too?
Brig

Julie Bove 08-10-2007 12:17 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

"brigmave" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 7, 2:23 am, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"brigmave" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Most of us here do not follow the ADA.

Julie Bove 08-10-2007 12:19 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

"brigmave" wrote in message
ups.com...

I most eat several serving of fruit during the day following the ADA
guidelines.
You may laugh, roll on the floor or whatever! You must accept the
fact that people metabolize foods differently.
How do you feel about those who are lactose sensitive? Are they
laughable too?

Most of us here have type 2 and it's an inability to metabolize carbs. You
seem to be bragging about what you can eat and we can't.

Cheri 08-10-2007 12:20 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

. com...

wrote:

What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple,

star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.

Yes, of course you do... many of them fast spikers.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

LOL, but if they only eat them twice a day, in large amounts, then

it
shouldn't be a problem for them. ;-)

Cheri

I most eat several serving of fruit during the day following the ADA
guidelines.
You may laugh, roll on the floor or whatever! You must accept the
fact that people metabolize foods differently.
How do you feel about those who are lactose sensitive? Are they
laughable too?
Brig

I already told you that I don't believe you. You're either not
testing, or you're not a type2 diabetic. That is my belief. I could be
wrong though, and often am.

Cheri

Julie Bove 08-10-2007 12:22 AM

Cauliflower: How could it cause such

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
. ..

I already told you that I don't believe you. You're either not
testing, or you're not a type2 diabetic. That is my belief. I could be
wrong though, and often am.

Either that or he is a very large man. I know two such. They can eat a lot
more carbs than I can. However, I'm with you and don't believe it.

Cheri 08-10-2007 12:33 AM

Julie Bove wrote in message ...

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message

I already told you that I don't believe you. You're either not
testing, or you're not a type2 diabetic. That is my belief. I could

be
wrong though, and often am.

Either that or he is a very large man. I know two such. They can

eat a lot
more carbs than I can. However, I'm with you and don't believe it.

True, and maybe his wife is a very large woman too. :-)

Cheri