Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default 77587 South Houston Texas Jalapeño Wraps

I enjoy making these wraps but been thing of trying to use fat free cream cheese.

77587 South Houston Texas Jalapeño Wraps

1
Dozen +
Fresh Jalapeño Peppers

1
Pound
Blue Ribbon Hickory Thick Cut Bacon

1
Pack
(8 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese

1
Container
(17 oz) Zatarrain's Creole Seasoning

Clean jalapeno peppers and split in half, remove seeds, vein and tops. Be sure to clean jalapenos wearing gloves, or if using bare hands, wash them immediately after cleaning. Failure to wash hands afterwards can cause burning to the skin.

Spread cream cheese in each half, then combined the two Jalapeño halves with a strip of bacon using a standard wooden toothpick and not with a flat toothpick. It is good to soak the toothpicks in water for several hours if you are going to put the Jalapeño wraps on the gas or charcoal grill. Note: Using a flat toothpick may not last as long as a standard toothpick when using on the grill.

Start at top and circle till the full Jalapeño is wrapped. Sometimes 1/2 a strip will circle a pepper. Then lightly sprinkle creole seasoning on the outside of the Jalapeño wrap.

Place on the top of the grill or place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 till bacon is done, app. 45 minutes to one hour cooking them on the gas or charcoal grill.

These freezes like a dream, place in microwave and unthaw and serve.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 12:45:36 -0500, "Moe Jones" >
wrote:

>I enjoy making these wraps but been thing of trying to use fat free cream cheese.
>

>77587 South Houston Texas Jalapeño Wraps

Fantastic timing! I turned down all but one of the breaded sort at
lunch today. Using bacon as a wrap is genius - thanks

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Moe Jones wrote:
> I enjoy making these wraps but been thing of trying to use fat free
> cream cheese.

check the label. Fat free cream cheese has more carbs than regular. You
might want to try the low-fat or Neufschatel type.
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation