Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: DH's Flat Enchilada with eggs

Flat Enchiladas with eggs

2-3 corn tortillas
- Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce (or your favorite sauce)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs
- butter

Use a shallow soup bowl about the size of a tortilla. Add about 3 tbs
sauce to bottom of bowl. Add 1 corn tortilla and top with 3 tbs sauce,
spread sauce evenly over tortilla with the back of a spoon, then add
1/4 cup cheese. Layer another tortilla/sauce/cheese. You can use as
many tortillas as desired, just keep layering. Add sauce and cheese on
top and microwave for 1 minute per tortilla on medium or until cheese
is melted and sauce is bubbly around the sides.

Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and
cook over easy or the way you like them.

When enchiladas are done, slide eggs on top of enchiladas. Enjoy

Carbs depend on the type and number of tortillas plus a little for the
sauce. I use 2 tortillas, 10 carbs each, and count 25 carbs without
spikes, without insulin. DH uses 3 tortillas and takes Starlix without
spikes.

Andrea2
mother, Type 2, metformin, MDI insulin

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default DH's Flat Enchilada with eggs

My Stepdad used to eat his Enchiladas like that...he called them New Mexican
Enchiladas..because he was raised in NM close to the 4 corners. I like my
enchiladas rolled and no eggs
Jacquie