Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Druid Circle Cookies

Trader Joe's has a cookie called the Druid Circle. It is basically an
oatmeal type cookie with raisens and walnuts.
I have make several tries at baking this cookie as I eat it when my BG
goes low and it brings it up to where I need it to go.
If you have made this cookie could I have the recipe? I can't locate
it in any search.
Thanks,
Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Lee" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Trader Joe's has a cookie called the Druid Circle. It is basically an
> oatmeal type cookie with raisens and walnuts.
> I have make several tries at baking this cookie as I eat it when my BG
> goes low and it brings it up to where I need it to go.
> If you have made this cookie could I have the recipe? I can't locate
> it in any search.
> Thanks,
> Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Lee" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Trader Joe's has a cookie called the Druid Circle. It is basically an
> oatmeal type cookie with raisens and walnuts.
> I have make several tries at baking this cookie as I eat it when my BG
> goes low and it brings it up to where I need it to go.
> If you have made this cookie could I have the recipe? I can't locate
> it in any search.
> Thanks,
> Lee

Member

Wink

Hi Lee - Here's a really good substitute for the T.J.'s Druid Circle cookies:
X’s Counterfeit Druid Circles
August 9, 2007
Extrapolated from:
King Arthur Rolled & Chewy Oatmeal cookie recipes and TJ’s ingredients label.
Bowl #1 (Mixer Bowl)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup buttermilk, yogurt or soured milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup currants or raisins (plumped in hot water)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup (unsweetened) coconut flakes
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Bowl #2:
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixer bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add the egg, beating until fluffy, then beat in the buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in the currants or raisins, nuts, coconut and oatmeal.
In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour. Add this, a 1/2 cup at a time, to the mixing bowl, beating well after each addition. Do not over mix. Let the leavening rest/work for 15 minutes.
Using a tablespoon, drop the batter onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Slightly flatten cookies with an oiled glass. These cookies don’t spread as they bake. Bake the cookies in your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until they’re light brown. Yield 3 dozen 2 1/2- inch cookies.

Enjoy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post